IGNORED

Lantronix UDS1100 and Atari 850

oldschool84

Update!!! I've finally connected to Darkforce BBS :) I got a message back from lantronix and told me how to enter the ip address!

I was entering ATDT 173.80.198.175:23 and the correct way is ATDT 173.080.198.175:23 and it connected to darkforce bbs :) I left a message for the sysop and this was using my WinXP laptop connected to the lantronix uds-10 with the lantronix 500-163 cable!!

Anyway at least i know it works and not being able to ping the lantronix back to Hyper terminal or on the atari/c64 is normal behaviour from what lantronix say and said i should be able to ping it from another host ? In my case the router.

Anyway now i've disconnected from the bbs i can't get back on LOL I am getting No Carrier now LOOOOLLLL BUT at least i know its working and i'll try again to connect.

What i need to know is how do i find the ip address's for cottonwoodbbs and borderlinebbs in quad numbers??

I am a happy bunny now LOL :grin:

update i have eventually connected again to darkforce bbs :) Its taken ages to connect but it did so i've ow plugged in the c64 to the lantronix and trying to connect again but still getting No Carrier at the moment? I'm thinking when it says No Carrier maybe its because the bbs site is busy?? If i use Telnet bbs server on the winxp and the c64 hooked up via null modem cable and if the bbs site is busy it usually says busy not connected or something like but on this lantronix it gives No Carrier.

Has anyone got a bbs site and can give me there ip address so i can see if i can log on to theres? I've tried 073.177.200.179/23 and get No Carrier

Has anyone got cottonwoodbbs.dyndns.org/23 there quad numbered ip address??? I can usually log on there pretty quick.

Hi Tillek,I have so far only been able to get connected to darkforce bbs twice today ? All i'm getting now is No Carrier ? but when i have been connected it states connected press enter and believe me my heart skips a beat LOL

I've finally purchased another lantronix uds-1100 with cd rom/psu and a serial cable from a decent ebay seller!! I notice that DarkLord uses a uds-1100 and lantronix themselves use a uds-1100 so i should get more support if needed.

This uds-10 feels like a hit and miss for connecting? Tillek do you know the ip for cottonwoodbbs i always log in there and Borderline.

I need some more ip address's and port numbers so i can see if i can connect to them if darkforce is busy!!!

One more thing i forgot to ask is it possible to flash the uds-10 with the mss firmware? I read somewhere someone did this and he could use dns on his uds-10?

I've downloaded the mss firmware but not going to do anything until i get confirmation that it works! I have used the last/latest firmware for the uds-10 and used the upgrade in device installer which successfully completed.

Never even heard of Cottonwood BBS so can't help you there. I would think no, you can't use the MSS Firmware on the UDS... For one thing, the MSS takes a null cable, it isn't even physically the same unit. Next time you're on Dark Force you can check to see the caller list and look if someone was on the BBS when you were trying to call to solve that mystery.

Hi Tillek may i ask what setting do you have in channel 1 setting? Incoming connection-accept unconditional? or never accept incoming? or accept incoming/dtr?

In Response do you have it set to nothing quiet? or Character Response?

I am not running a bbs so i think i don't need Incoming connection set to accept or should i have it set to never accept incoming?

update!!!! I have got the atar xl on with the 850 interface and i am connecting everytime now to darkforce bbs but i am getting letters and numbers all jumbled about?

I have had darkforce on the atari xl before and i remember getting the lovely graphics.

I have dropped the baud rate from 9600 on the lantronix and bobterm to 2400 I have tried using Translation set to atari and i have had it set to ascii and i get the same on both settings? even with the baud rate dropped to 2400???

Darklord if your about please can you help as i am dying to see darkforce bbs again in all its glory LOL This is the first time i've ever used the 850 interface.When i connected before to darkforce i was using the ape cable via the ape software which has the built in telnet software.

@bf2k+ cheers buddy i'll give your bbs ago :) cheers very much for that!!! I am a happy bunny now connecting straight away LOL

Hi @bfsk+ I have successfully connected to your ip/port ATDT 073.177.200.179/23 but when connected i choose 1 for ascii but when typing i am getting double letters/numbers? I'm using an atari xl with bobterm 1.22

I've tried your recent ip/port ATDT 077.177.200.179:23 and that just gives me No Carrier??? how do i get the doubling off so i can continue on the 073.177.200.179/23 bbs ?

Hi @bfsk+ I have successfully connected to your ip/port ATDT 073.177.200.179/23 but when connected i choose 1 for ascii but when typing i am getting double letters/numbers? I'm using an atari xl with bobterm 1.22

I've tried your recent ip/port ATDT 077.177.200.179:23 and that just gives me No Carrier??? how do i get the doubling off so i can continue on the 073.177.200.179/23 bbs ?

That's a duplex setting problem, I think. If you're using full-duplex, switch to half- or vice-versa.

Update!!! I've finally connected to Darkforce BBS :) I got a message back from lantronix and told me how to enter the ip address!

I was entering ATDT 173.80.198.175:23 and the correct way is ATDT 173.080.198.175:23 and it connected to darkforce bbs :) I left a message for the sysop and this was using my WinXP laptop connected to the lantronix uds-10 with the lantronix 500-163 cable!!

Anyway at least i know it works and not being able to ping the lantronix back to Hyper terminal or on the atari/c64 is normal behaviour from what lantronix say and said i should be able to ping it from another host ? In my case the router.

Anyway now i've disconnected from the bbs i can't get back on LOL I am getting No Carrier now LOOOOLLLL BUT at least i know its working and i'll try again to connect.

What i need to know is how do i find the ip address's for cottonwoodbbs and borderlinebbs in quad numbers??

I am a happy bunny now LOL :grin:

Odd. The only difference is the "0" in the 2nd quad. I've never had to fill in IP address numbers with zero's here.

Anyway, glad its working for you there now.

I notice that DarkLord uses a uds-1100 and lantronix themselves use a uds-1100 so i should get more support if needed.

Well, actually I do use a UDS10 with my BBS and for calling out with my STacy. I used to use the 1100 but I

had a few issues with it so I replaced it.

Lantronix will not give you a "busy"... one of the only things I don't like about it.

Yeah, I wish that was an enduser setting as well.

However, when you call into my BBS and another caller is already logged on,

it says "connection refused..." or something along those lines, not "no carrier".

That's a duplex setting problem, I think. If you're using full-duplex, switch to half- or vice-versa.

That's where I'd start as well. If changing it from full to half (or vice-versa, as mentioned), doesn't

work then I'd start looking at what mode I selected and if my comms package supports it in the

first place.

Edited by DarkLord

If i can't get those great graphics on the atari xl/bobterm i will set my atari ste 4mb up i just need to know what term program to download and transfer to disc.

If you're going to be using any computer from the ST line, then go with any of these:

TAZ

ANSITerm

Freeze Dried Terminal

All of them are solid pieces of comms software.