IGNORED

KO Round #1 - Night Stalker

OK, I played two games this morning and I didn't do *that* bad, though I am at the bottom!

-dZ.

1st game: 6,800

post-27318-0-29666600-1359294071_thumb.jpg

2nd game: 22,300

post-27318-0-91019600-1359294074_thumb.jpg

On my second game I got as far as the jelly-covered robot.

I'll try to sneak a couple more games later today. How much time do we have left?

Edited by DZ-Jay

OK, I played a few more rounds but couldn't get much too higher. I must say, that the controls are infuriatingly sluggish, especially after playing Christmas Carol for so long. This is the reason why people used to complain that the Intellivision was not very good at maze games. I've been toying with the idea of remaking this classic with the Christmas Carol engine and offering it to Keith. It shouldn't be that hard...

I enjoy Night Stalker a lot, but playing it for points is much too frustrating, so this is it for me: 23,800 points. Not a bad score for a couple of hours worth, but not as good as all of yours.

23,400 points - getting better

post-27318-0-30483600-1359303826_thumb.jpg

23,800 points - DOH! it all went down hill from here...

post-27318-0-21040500-1359303830_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I played a few more rounds but couldn't get much too higher. I must say, that the controls are infuriatingly sluggish, especially after playing Christmas Carol for so long. This is the reason why people used to complain that the Intellivision was not very good at maze games. I've been toying with the idea of remaking this classic with the Christmas Carol engine and offering it to Keith. It shouldn't be that hard...

I enjoy Night Stalker a lot, but playing it for points is much too frustrating.

Hey Dz,

These are good scores. I was around the 20k the first time I sat down and played it. It seems that Liduario had a similar experience.

I agree with you, the controls are very sluggish. That was my first impression after not having played the game for many, many years.

Indeed, Carol controls are sweet and responsive so it is a great shock to play NS after the Carol Experience.

The remake sounds like an awesome idea. Let us know if you decide to proceed with it. Perhaps, if you start working on it you might be carried away and add a couple of extras like the "legendary" spider web or something on that vein. In this way the spider will be qualitatively different than the bats. Cheers! O

Anyone in black is in danger of being eliminated at the end of the round... The list has anyone who has submitted a score this week as well as anyone who has put their name in on the registration page prior to this game.

Update! Update! I'm no longer in the black! :lol: