IGNORED

Sharp Shot

BydoEmpire

I always liked Sharp Shot - liked it as a kid, like it now. Over the weekend I popped it in, thinking my 4 year old might like to play. He did, although he couldn't press the side buttons on my Inty 2. He basically just reset the game for me, watched the flying saucers blow up, and counted the scores at the end.

Anyways, it reminded me that I used to play this game two handed - trying to play both sides at the same time - and get the best cumulative score. Anyone else do that for a 1p Sharp Shot experience? It's not easy! I was really having a blast doing this with Space Battle over the weekend. I do wish they let you shoot by pressing the disc, or a number pad - it would have made the game much more accessible for little hands. Oh well.

Personally, the Maze game was my favorite because I was a big D&D fan. It always seemed just a little bit harder than the others, because you really had to time your shots and take the different angles into account.

Who else loves Sharp Shot, and how do you guys play it?

I am also a big fan of this fantastic game. One of the first party games ever? Perhaps. For sure it is the grand-daddy of the WarioWare minigames series.

I also used the two controller technique, which works fine with the space battle game but gives you a headache and makes you cross-eyed in the D&D Game :)

BTW the D&D should be considered a cool spin-off more than a mini game as the programmer completely took the D&D experience and made a shooter out of it. Awesome.

The Football game is also extremely good. It would be fun to include this game in one of the tournaments. Hint, hint... Cparsley :)

He did, although he couldn't press the side buttons on my Inty 2. He basically just reset the game for me, watched the flying saucers blow up, and counted the scores at the end.

I do wish they let you shoot by pressing the disc, or a number pad - it would have made the game much more accessible for little hands.

I don't have an Inty 2 but it should be possible to connect a simple 'thumb push button' in place of, or in parallel with, one of the controllers which would give your little 'un his own fire button.

I did a similar thing years back to enable my own (then little) boy to join in my C64 gaming exploits. (The Intellivision had been packed away by then).