IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - February 5th 2013

Pixelboy

Good news! I've received confirmation from Moldex that the transparent dark blue casings are ready, and I'll be dropping by their office to pick them up tomorrow morning!

If 5-11under can finish soldering the Thexder MegaCart PCBs and ship them to me before the week-end, I should be able to assemble the Thexder carts in time for the next reminder service e-mail, set for February 27th. So if you're reading this, Harvey, I think we better use XpressPost shipping this time. :)

I also ordered some silver cart casings from Moldex, but those won't be ready for another couple of weeks. So those few extra copies of Princess Quest I wanted to offer will have to wait a bit.

I had many shipments delayed because customers wanted to wait for Thexder (and not pay twice for shipping) and I'm glad those orders will finally ship. :)

• Like 4

Hi Luc,

I think something already talked about that in the thread.

But why won't you propose your game (or at least a certain quantity) as KIT? And the buyer assemble it himself. (box, Pcb , manuals)...

it could reduce the amount of box you have to glue... and reduce production cost as well.

Hi Luc,

I think something already talked about that in the thread.

But why won't you propose your game (or at least a certain quantity) as KIT? And the buyer assemble it himself. (box, Pcb , manuals)...

it could reduce the amount of box you have to glue... and reduce production cost as well.

He has talked about it before. He wants to put out a high quality product and full CIB. So even though it is more work for him he wants to take on that work to assure quality control and make himself proud of his product that is out there.

Hence he doesn't want to sell just carts or sell kits that people might screw up and then there is a product out there that looks shabby and nobody has a way of knowing that was a kit so it looks bad on his product.

Basically he has high standards and he is going to stick to them. Wish more people in business were like this because then maybe all the things I buy wouldn't break down so easily.

• Like 6

Still waiting for the final comfirmation email for Pitfall II Arcade :)

By next week, I should have enough copies of Thexder ready for everyone who ordered the game, as well as some copies of King's Valley for which I was previously only missing the electronics. Just with those two games, I will finally be able to complete several pending sales and ship those orders ASAP.

I have already informed (by e-mail) those who ordered any of the 2012 releases that I have delayed the next reminder service e-mail by one week, from February 27th to March 6th. I've been too busy these past few days (job-related stuff) to proprely prepare each personalized reminder e-mail. I will do that next week-end.

Those who only ordered my past releases (Gulkave, Pitfall II Arcade, etc.) will get an e-mail later today to let them know that those games are not ready to ship yet, but I'm working on it, and if all goes well, they should all be ready to ship by the end of March.

Sadly I haven't seen the announcement on the site :( There were quite a few games which I would also have bought. Maybe there is another sale? BTW how much does a game of you cost? Haven't seen any prizes on the webpage of yours.

pm or email pixelboy to get on his email list. He then sends you an email when games are available to order.

Otherwise he does update his web site every so often but you get quicker updates by watching the forum for his release topics.

His games he lets you know the price in the email when he says they are available. He looks at his costs for each game and adjusts the price accordingly instead of a set price for everything so they are all different prices.

pm or email pixelboy to get on his email list. He then sends you an email when games are available to order.

Otherwise he does update his web site every so often but you get quicker updates by watching the forum for his release topics.

His games he lets you know the price in the email when he says they are available. He looks at his costs for each game and adjusts the price accordingly instead of a set price for everything so they are all different prices.

Yes and Great Prices too!!

Sadly I haven't seen the announcement on the site :( There were quite a few games which I would also have bought. Maybe there is another sale? BTW how much does a game of you cost? Haven't seen any prizes on the webpage of yours.

Like it's been said above, just send me an e-mail. Also, I had a few extra copies made of each of my older releases, for people like you who are a bit late to the party. You can pre-order them now, if you wish.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update: Where the new lot of older releases is concerned, all the boxes are glued, all the manuals and cart labels are printed and ready, and all cart casings have been cleaned. So I've done all I could do, and now I'm just waiting for the cartridge electronics. The electronics I'm waiting for also include enough PCBs of Wonder Boy, Mopiranger and Quest for the Golden Chalice to satisfy all currently pending pre-orders.

That is all. :)