IGNORED

Halloween & Texas Chainsaw boxes found?

IHATETHEBEARS

Excellent video made by a true VHS fan.

Yeah, if you watch the two videos all the way through, the evidence he presents is very thorough (and pretty damning). Band apparently responded in a

to Chris Alexander (the editor of Fangoria) but he doesn't really address any of the major concerns.

And what a snake that Charles Band is.

He's generally known as someone who will try to cash in on just about anything, so this doesn't exactly come as a shock. Many who know his reputation were calling BS from the time this was first announced, but until now there was no solid proof that the boxes were not genuine. It's really a shame. I was hoping as much as anyone that these would turn out to be real, but I guess as the old saying goes "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

I wouldn't mind one of each nevertheless

As much as I feel bad supporting something like this, I'm mildly interested myself, but it depends on the price. I'd like to obtain one of the VHS boxes to see exactly what the general quality of these reproductions is.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it exists. I think Wonder007 might have one as well, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Yes, I own the original prototype boxes for both TCM and Halloween. I also own the original proto carts for both WIP Halloweens and the original proto for the alternate TCM (you can check out Tempest's website for more details).

This just in...

According to

, the Wizard boxes that were "found" are fakes. This guy makes a very strong case and definitely knows his stuff. Even more evidence is presented

Busted! :pirate:

I guess this is both good and bad. Good that originals aren't going to plummet in value for those who already own them, but bad that we'll soon have high quality fake boxes floating around. :thumbsdown:

My first thought while watching Band's video was, "Looks fake." And then when he stated the price, that sealed it for me. Kudos to this guy for showing the proof.

• 5 months later...

A small update for anyone who was following this. This was recently posted on the Wizard Video website...

Please accept our apologies. Due to water damage, 4 titles in the collection will not be made available. The boxes found in our warehouse were in unsalvageable condition and do not warrant being released. Therefore, the final releases will be those listed for September. The full Wizard Video Collection on VHS will consist of 32 titles, rather than the 36 originally announced.

:ponder:

My guess is that since they were exposed as fakes, these things just aren't selling and he's not going to bother printing anymore. Either that, or he's afraid of having some legal issues with releasing one or more of the final four films.

Still no word on the 2600 boxes...