IGNORED

Double Dragon

Govvy

How many people have Double Dragon in their Atari Lynx collection? I've been trying to find it for years! lol, I missed one on ebay which sold for $80 USD. That was just the cartridge on it's own. It must be rare 9 or 10, certainly not rare 7 as you have on the list.

but from Telegames is the Chip-on Version like my Copy of Desert Strike...

Not the usual Curved Lip Cart

Telegames must randomly decide what kind of cart goes in their boxes, because I ordered a complete in box copy of Double Dragon from Telegames just a couple of months ago, and the cart is the usual black, curved lip cart. The box also looks just like the official box that the game originally came in back when it was originally selling. The instruction manual, however, looks like a very cheap printout. It seems that they took a scan of one of the original manuals and just printed images of the pages on a single large sheet of paper that folds out almost like a poster.

Video 61 sells "brand new" copies of Double Dragon for $99.95.

http://members.tcq.net/video61/lynx.html

If you want to order from them, I would first ask what exactly the cart, manual, and box will look like before paying.

Edited by BenjaminStevens

Oh damn, I actually HAD this once. Like so many of my games, it went down the road to pay for new ones.

It was actually a really impressive game, but because of the Lynx's low resolution it was like playing the arcade game with your face pressed up against the screen. The range of vision was just too small for its own good. Having said that, I'd much rather play this than Kung Food!

I have this and I bought it new in box not that long ago but I honestly can't remember where I got it or how much I paid for it. I'm certain I didn't spend a whole lot on it since there are other titles I would rather have in my collection. I think I played it once or twice. Never got very far with it.

I have a copy I got new back in 1995 at Waldensoftware for $39.95.

Yeah,not everyone had these for sale but I do remember that Toy R Us had all the Telegames stuff back in the 90s.I think Circus World,K-B and Electronics Boutique had them too.I don't remember seeing them at Childrens Palace as some I visited only carried the Lynx unit itself.

I have the curved version with the full Lynx manual,multi-language one,I think.

What this a hard to come by Lynx game, I have it and I play the hell out of it all the time! :-D

I wasn't aware of the fact that it was that rare and hard to come by myself.

I found Lemmings and a couple others harder to get really.Being South of Chicago,I found lynx around,just not everyone carried it or alot of it at times.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's rare. It's OK but shorter than other versions and feels more like a demo, certainly rushed as it missed two or three levels. The arcade was short already =\.

Out of curiosity, what's it missing? I have it on both SMS and 7800 and those two generally follow the arcade with these levels ... 1. Street; 2. Alley/Factory; 3. Forest; 4. Mountain; 5. Headquarters

Out of curiosity, what's it missing? I have it on both SMS and 7800 and those two generally follow the arcade with these levels ... 1. Street; 2. Alley/Factory; 3. Forest; 4. Mountain; 5. Headquarters

Here is a longplay video of Double Dragon on the Lynx:

You can see from skimming through the video that there is no Mountain level in the Lynx version.

• Like 1

The mountain is missing from quite a few versions. It's such a shame that one of the best arcade games ever got such terrible home conversions in the most part.

The best ones are easily the Lynx and Mega Drive versions. I bought the Lynx version brand new when it very first came out and still like it today.

The 2600 and 7800 versions are decent considering the hardware but I do feel the 7800 version could have been even better. At least it follows the arcade game though unlike that terrible 1-player only NES abomination.