IGNORED

Cheapest Collection To Complete?

SoulBlazer

I would say that the Leapfrog Didj educational hand held would be cheap. I saw a few new in box systems on ebay that sold for $25 and under. There are only 16 games for it and one of those is a free download that I think is still available, and I have seen several new in box games show up at the local Goodwill for around $4 or less. In fact I got the Neopets game new for $2.99 the other day and Star Wars: The Clone Wars for about the same price last fall for my daughter. Both were new in the box and both were from the same Goodwill here in town.

Edited by Fixitguy74

I just did an ebay search for game.com stuff and was surprised at how ridiculously high a lot of it is priced. I really don't know what people are smoking. Also, good luck adding the modem and internet cart for it since not a lot of them were ever in circulation as far as I know.

How easy is it to actually find "games" for these educational consoles? I would include the Sea Pico in this same category.

I see the hardware very occasionally (usually missing parts), but I have never encountered loose cartridges anywhere. I assume that even retro game stores do not cater to this market segment.

It may be cheap to acquire a complete collection, but it would also take an eternity to do so.

I have been collecting v.smile games for my neice to play at my house and recently have been trading them with a few AA'ers. They are actual games, the game mechanic just usually has you shooting, collecting, maneuvering letters and numbers, although there is some straight up simple gaming. But the reason I started collecting them was that they were all over the thrifts and garage sales. I have never run into the little purple bastards at any kind of game store, though.

V.smile factoid #1: Alphabet Park is the "Combat" of V.smile games.

V.smile factoid #2: V.smile controllers physically convert from right handed to left handed operation.

V.smile factoid #3: Shit, now I am probably "the V.smile guy"......

post-26465-0-59312700-1361382048_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

game.com is not cheap to collect anymore

Neither is Gizmondo. I looked at picking one up for $15 with games in the day and now they are asking stupid money for them. I wouldn't pay $100 for a Gizmondo unless Steffan Eriksson had signed it with his enemies blood. Any game seems to be selling for $40.

I have been collecting v.smile games for my neice to play at my house and recently have been trading them with a few AA'ers. They are actual games, the game mechanic just usually has you shooting, collecting, maneuvering letters and numbers, although there is some straight up simple gaming. But the reason I started collecting them was that they were all over the thrifts and garage sales. I have never run into the little purple bastards at any kind of game store, though.

V.smile factoid #2: V.smile controllers physically convert from right handed to left handed operation.

I've got around 10 games or so for the v-smile, a dance mat, 2 normal controllers, 1 controller with pen-pad, and 3 consoles.

I bought them for our kids, but lately they play more on my tablet.

i have a cybiko xtreme, it was fun til it died, the battery in it sucks and you can't replace them. I guess it would be cheapest since all the games are download games, maybe the mp3 add on would be the most expensive piece.

Yeah I got a Cybiko, same thing, battery died, difficult to replace (There's a forum online which tells you on how to get a new battery and to replace it).

Get the battery from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...6/dp/B00064CEDG

I managed to download all the Cybiko games and apps before the server closed down.

Edited by high voltage

I completed the Tapwave Zodiac SD card library of 8 games sealed for $70... there were a bunch of downloadable games most of which are no longer available but they only produced 8 physical game cards.

Hyperscan is probably the cheapest console to complete as I saw a complete set on CL sometime back for $50 including the console itself!

Virtualboy won't be cheap even if you limit to only USA set. Jack Bros often get close to $100 loose and I rarely see a few other USA release like Waterworld can set you back quite a bit.

I had a complete VB set at one time, nearly all $5 MISB games when stores started blowing them out. Then I needed money and sold off top 6 desirable carts, pocketed almost $500 before eBay fee. I still have all 14 boxes and manuals so I can get back in a full CIB USA set if I wanted to.

lol I too have been collecting them, I see them in bundles of 6 or more carts at my local thriftshop for 2.99. I found a V-Smile Mobi-Go (looks like an old school T-mobile Gen one Sidekick) and a V-smile handheld console. My daughter will have quite the game collection when she is old enough to figure these things out :)

I think I have around 30 or more carts.

Edited by Shinju

I'd like to throw another one. An old game system similar in concept to V smiles series. Children Discovery System. They are cheap and easy to get on eBay but getting full collection may be hard because it wasn't popular or sold well.

I figure I got around 30 games, most of them CIB along with the little computer system (also CIB) and I have no idea what is a "complete" collection as a full list does not seems to exists.

• 1 year later...

I got a system and half of the European librarybog games for 40€, boxed and mint.

The Microvision worth nothing here. It might be the cheapest handheld to collect indeed.

I suspect that Colecovision is one of the most cheapest collections to complete, counting only the original 131 cartridges.

Depends of the place then.

In France, Coleco carts are pretty expensive. On the other hand, nobody care for Intellivision, so you can have all Intelli carts for 5€ each(complete! Loose is worth 2/3€), and ask for discount if you get lots.

Another cheap system would be the SD-050/070/090 consoles and the PC-500 cart series.

I got the complete set for under 30€, removing the selling price of the console, because that's one of those systems where you gotta buy the console to get a new cart....

The cheapest one actually is what I collect for, so far I got 41 game most CIB for less than $9 each. A couple I actually spent less than $3. What is it PSP games, and movie UMDs.

There's over 1,500 titles available for the PSP. It's not even close to being the least expensive system to complete a collection.

Depends of the place then.

In France, Coleco carts are pretty expensive. On the other hand, nobody care for Intellivision, so you can have all Intelli carts for 5€ each(complete! Loose is worth 2/3€), and ask for discount if you get lots.

You're right. In Mexico, Intellivision loose carts goes for $3-$4 dollars the unit, but only are available the commons, same goes for Atari...

For getting the others you need to import them from USA, it only becomes feasible if you get games in groups of 3 (CIB) or 10-20 (loose) to cover for expensive shipping.

Yes indeed, only the French/Euro released titles will be easy to get. Of course, the non released titles are also surely the rarest of the American market :grin:

But heh. I know people that limit themselves to "this region/zone" released games, and it's fine to me.