IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Its a easy difference: Groovy is a privat person, a HOMEBREWER, Elektronite is a BUSINESS. I wonder if you would fund a game as a developer and look how you get your money back when its done. Just dont worry, you get your 5 copies and can resell 4 to get hundreds of dollars for the work of Groovy Bee.

I'm just a lurker, but would like to point out that I count 19 unfinished titles and 2 finished from Groovy's own profile page here. Not a good track record.

I dont care if it is 100 unfinished games. You are intentionally trying to make it sound like he will never follow through with his releases. No one was forced to pre order anything. I think everyone on AA knows that homebrew games take longer than expected for whatever the reason.

I paid for some donkey kong xm for the 7800 like a year ago it seems and i dont go bashing that guy in the 7800 section, I am patient.

Go back to lurking.

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 2

Its a easy difference: Groovy is a privat person, a HOMEBREWER, Elektronite is a BUSINESS. I wonder if you would fund a game as a developer and look how you get your money back when its done. Just dont worry, you get your 5 copies and can resell 4 to get hundreds of dollars for the work of Groovy Bee.

I bought 1 Groovy game Ignoramus, and yes, I would fund a game as a developer....

As someone who has bought well over a hundred homebrews on countless systems, I can tell you that delays are part of the common scene(Atari XM project). I think that communication upfront is the the best way to handle business. My personal opinion is that money asked upfront from customers for a project should take priority. I for one am fine with waiting, and look forward to a finished product. I doubt that anyone here will want their money back, but I think that there should be a definate timeline

to being done communicated to paying customers.

Edited by swlovinist

@ Rev

Maybe, but if I read rubbish like this:

Elektronite has a business, and has produced some solid games with boxes, inserts, etc.....at not a lot more in cost, so I think you should cut the Elektronite guys a little slack here.....just sayin!

Not a lot more in cost? Groovy took 40$ shipped, Elektronite costs 60-70$ + shipping.

I'm not trying to create drama, I just KNOW the product Willy has, bought it, seen it, love it, so when someone bashes him because he is running a business, it just ticks me off a little.....he didn't ask for prepay, and he produced a CIB, professionally! Nothing against Groovy, I don't really know him, but a biz and a hobby are 2 different things....

@ mjarnold

Serious? I quote you again and mark the important parts:

Elektronite has a business, and has produced some solid games with boxes, inserts, etc.....at not a lot more in cost, so I think you should cut the Elektronite guys a little slack here.....just sayin!

Now you are telling me that they sell carts for the same price, wow :lol:

And I dont know you personally, but yes, I have a problem if you start to make trouble in this thread, because I know who will lists Rocketeer for 80 starting bid or more $ on Ebay if its released.

Edited by Ignorama

Hi everyone. I have recently reviewed this thread from the first post up to today's posts. As some of you know, I have been a friend of Mr. Moeller for some years now. I have wanted to post a comment to this thread, but I held off doing so, as I did not want my post to be misconstrued as an attempt by one of Willy's friends to "beat up on the other guy". However, in response to some of the more recent posts, I now feel compelled make some comments, both as a professional software developer and a big Intellivision fan.

From what I understand, GroovyBee agreed to write Hover Bovver for Elektronite, and soon after, announced that he was going to develop Rocketeer as well as other Intellivision titles at the same time. GroovyBee did not give Elektronite any advance notice that he was going to be working on other projects.

GroovyBee has spent considerable time posting to this thread about his development progress on Rocketeer. Clearly, he has put a great deal of time and effort over the past several months into that game. He has also taken pre-orders for Rockeeteer.

Fast forward to today. As I understand it, GroovyBee has missed his target dates for delivering both Rocketeer and Hover Bovver by a sizeable amount of time.

As a professional software developer, if I did what I understand that GroovyBee has done, I could reasonably expect to face serious repercussions from the parties involved with the first game development project. You simply do not start an additional project, focus a large amount of time and effort on it, take pre-orders for it, and post verbosely about it in a public forum, while the first contracted game (Hover Bovver), which is CLEARLY your first responsibility, gets seriously behind schedule. Frankly, I find GroovyBee's rationale in this regard quite unfathomable.

GroovyBee has stated that he likes to work on multiple projects at once, as he find it helps in the creative process, and he finds it the most enjoyable way to develop games. Respectfully, I must point out that GroovyBee's personal preferences in taking on projects is secondary to his professional and contractual obligations. If he wanted to work on multiple projects, he had a responsiblilty to let Elektronite know about it during the negotiations over Hover Bovver. Apparently, he was negligent in this regard.

I have dealt with Mr. Moeller on multiple occasions in the past, making multiple purchases of videogaming items from him, and he has always dealt with me in a completely up-front and honest manner. I find the suggestion that he has some "malicious purpose" for commenting on the situation with Hover Bovver quite outrageous.

As I said, I was going to reserve comment on this matter, but due to some of the more recent posts to this thread, I fet the need to speak out.

I do hope that GroovyBee takes action in the very near future to get Hover Bovver completed to Elektronite's satisfaction. I definitely think that Hover Bovver should be his exclusive focus until it is completed. I respect the fact that numerous people here has pre-paid for Rocketeer, and are eager to get the game. I definitely do not believe, however, that the fact that people have pre-paid for Rockeeteer somehow justifies GroovyBee finishing that game before Hover Bovver. GroovyBee has a clear contractual obligation to Elektronite, and he should fulfill that obligation as soon as possible.

- Doug

• Like 2

I sent you the link for Elektronite $40 cart only.......I TOLD you I paid for 1 Rocketeer......and I am not making trouble, expressing my opinion.....and WHEN I do sell a game for more than what I paid, I DO NOT force the buyer to buy it.....I DID after all pay more than $1000 for a boxed Spiker.....geez, that guy sold it for more than the $19.95 original price, how DARE he!!!!!

Hi everyone. I have recently reviewed this thread from the first post up to today's posts. As some of you know, I have been a friend of Mr. Moeller for some years now. I have wanted to post a comment to this thread, but I held off doing so, as I did not want my post to be misconstrued as an attempt by one of Willy's friends to "beat up on the other guy". However, in response to some of the more recent posts, I now feel compelled make some comments, both as a professional software developer and a big Intellivision fan.

From what I understand, GroovyBee agreed to write Hover Bovver for Elektronite, and soon after, announced that he was going to develop Rocketeer as well as other Intellivision titles at the same time. GroovyBee did not give Elektronite any advance notice that he was going to be working on other projects.

GroovyBee has spent considerable time posting to this thread about his development progress on Rocketeer. Clearly, he has put a great deal of time and effort over the past several months into that game. He has also taken pre-orders for Rockeeteer.

Fast forward to today. As I understand it, GroovyBee has missed his target dates for delivering both Rocketeer and Hover Bovver by a sizeable amount of time.

As a professional software developer, if I did what I understand that GroovyBee has done, I could reasonably expect to face serious repercussions from the parties involved with the first game development project. You simply do not start an additional project, focus a large amount of time and effort on it, take pre-orders for it, and post verbosely about it in a public forum, while the first contracted game (Hover Bovver), which is CLEARLY your first responsibility, gets seriously behind schedule. Frankly, I find GroovyBee's rationale in this regard quite unfathomable.

GroovyBee has stated that he likes to work on multiple projects at once, as he find it helps in the creative process, and he finds it the most enjoyable way to develop games. Respectfully, I must point out that GroovyBee's personal preferences in taking on projects is secondary to his professional and contractual obligations. If he wanted to work on multiple projects, he had a responsiblilty to let Elektronite know about it during the negotiations over Hover Bovver. Apparently, he was negligent in this regard.

I have dealt with Mr. Moeller on multiple occasions in the past, making multiple purchases of videogaming items from him, and he has always dealt with me in a completely up-front and honest manner. I find the suggestion that he has some "malicious purpose" for commenting on the situation with Hover Bovver quite outrageous.

As I said, I was going to reserve comment on this matter, but due to some of the more recent posts to this thread, I fet the need to speak out.

I do hope that GroovyBee takes action in the very near future to get Hover Bovver completed to Elektronite's satisfaction. I definitely think that Hover Bovver should be his exclusive focus until it is completed. I respect the fact that numerous people here has pre-paid for Rocketeer, and are eager to get the game. I definitely do not believe, however, that the fact that people have pre-paid for Rockeeteer somehow justifies GroovyBee finishing that game before Hover Bovver. GroovyBee has a clear contractual obligation to Elektronite, and he should fulfill that obligation as soon as possible.

- Doug

AGREE!