IGNORED

US Dept. Homeland Security Destroys Shrink-wrapped Games

Smitty

I didn't replace the games you purchased on December 2012 because you told me that DHL Germany would refund the money. Here is your email from February 1st 2013: "Did you get the pictures? DHL will refund the games and shipping. Do you have another copy of the Atari 2600 games?". If DHL refunded all the money, why should I ship the games?

Please send me the item number of the Tron controller you say purchased from me.

I got a partial refund from DHL barely covering the duties I paid for the package. So I lost more than $300 last time and $300 this time.

I've attached a screenshot of the PayPal payment so everyone can see that you yet again "forgot" to ship an item.

And thanks for quoting me. So everyone can see I asked for the 2600 games and you NEVER answered.

Hello Andre and everybody.

I haven't had time to enter to this forum lately. I haven't received messages from you, just the comunication we boths keep in PayPal. You know my business email, my eBay account, PayPal account (you opened a case two weeks ago), etc., but you prefered to write me here to request refund, I don't understand you. The most of people here know the trouble with the Venezuelan and German customs very well. I can tell I have sold to many people here and yes, frequently the parcels are opened, but all they understand this is not the seller fault.

My eBay account is liwer2600. I received 8 negative feedbacks in a row for you today, the same day you deceided to pick up the parcel I shipped via FedEx (it arrived to Germany in 5 days). I can understand your disappointment when you received the goods in bad shape, but I don't understand why you want damage my profile if you know well this is not my fault. If you want a full refund, why didn't you only contact me and request me? Do you want replacements? I have replacements and can send to USA and, from there, to Germany so you can receive them in perfect condition.

Currently, I am sending the items to USA and ship from there. Business is getting better, however, these unfair feedbacks just destroy it. I just want to provide a great service for everybody.

If there is some customer that have purchased me on eBay and received a game in bad condition, just contacted me via this forum so I can replace it.

Thank you

Hello Andre and everybody.

I haven't had time to enter to this forum lately. I haven't received messages from you, just the comunication we boths keep in PayPal. You know my business email, my eBay account, PayPal account (you opened a case two weeks ago), etc., but you prefered to write me here to request refund, I don't understand you. The most of people here know the trouble with the Venezuelan and German customs very well. I can tell I have sold to many people here and yes, frequently the parcels are opened, but all they understand this is not the seller fault.

My eBay account is liwer2600. I received 8 negative feedbacks in a row for you today, the same day you deceided to pick up the parcel I shipped via FedEx (it arrived to Germany in 5 days). I can understand your disappointment when you received the goods in bad shape, but I don't understand why you want damage my profile if you know well this is not my fault. If you want a full refund, why didn't you only contact me and request me? Do you want replacements? I have replacements and can send to USA and, from there, to Germany so you can receive them in perfect condition.

Currently, I am sending the items to USA and ship from there. Business is getting better, however, these unfair feedbacks just destroy it. I just want to provide a great service for everybody.

If there is some customer that have purchased me on eBay and received a game in bad condition, just contacted me via this forum so I can replace it.

Thank you

I know nothing of this situation, but I do know that when you started selling Cosmic Commuter you listed it as selling part of your collection, not that it was part of a warehouse find.

My eBay account has 7 years active. The problem with the damaged goods by customs began this year, ask to Andre. I have replaced games or refund money to the most of the buyers when the items arrive damaged. Currently, the most of games are shipped from USA to all over the world, so this should give more confidence to the buyers. In my return policy says clearly that the "refund will be given as: money back or item exchange (buyer's choice)"

Your previous account was mundo_ludico and you had to use another one when negative feedback and claims started.

Also my PayPal case is still open, I prefer a refund. For the Tron controller as well.

Thanks

I've bought thousands of games over the last years from all over the world and never had any problems with the German customs or any other customs around the world except Venezuela. So your answer "German customs are destroying the goods and you know that." is just BS and you know that!

In fact, packages shipped by you were the only ever being opened. USPS can be rough to packages sometimes, but none got opened ever.

Here is why you got negative feedback this time:

- You only answer to half of the messages, you ignored at least 5 messages and emails asking for a replacement

- You take a long time to ship, between 1 and 3 weeks

- You lie about packages being shipped and provide wrong tracking numbers.

- You forget to ship items or ship wrong items. The Tron controller I bought last time could have never been in the package as it couldn't even fit in it. I never got it. Thanks for stealing my money!

In the past good packaging and nice items made up for all this, but this is now the second time in a row the entire content was missing or destroyed.

So unfortunately I need to warn everyone not to buy from you. It's no longer worth the hassle and risk.

I can see a German customs tape on the box of your other parcel (that included Cosmic Commuter, a free game I added on your parcel)

I have registers of all your purchases, Andre:

- You opened a case on PayPal two weeks ago and it remains active. I will give you a full refund (not replacements), as the eBay or Paypal policies state. You don't worry

- You won the items of your last parcel from April 23rd to May 8th, and paid them on May 15th (I waited for you 22 days). I shipped them all together on May 21st (4 business days later).

- I provided you the real FedEx tracking number. You can see it on Paypal or eBay.

- I don't have register of your Tron controller purchase. Give me the item number so I can refund you the full price.

Edited by Eur3ka

I got a partial refund from DHL barely covering the duties I paid for the package. So I lost more than $300 last time and $300 this time.

I've attached a screenshot of the PayPal payment so everyone can see that you yet again "forgot" to ship an item.

And thanks for quoting me. So everyone can see I asked for the 2600 games and you NEVER answered.

I will refund the money for the Tron controller; I didn't get the item number because I charged that item via PayPal invoice and not a direct sell on eBay.

That transaction was done on December 12th. Please don't say you lost $300, because you only paid $120 and I included Cosmic Commuter for free, as I agreed in this eBay message:

Dear liwer2006,

Cosmic Commuter ;))) Do you have a copy of Activision Boxing in barcoded box? I will inventotize my games over the holidays and then we can make a deal after Christmas for C64/VIC20/Apple/Atari/Avalon Hill games.

- vgsale2012

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: vgsale2012

Subject: Re: vgsale2012 has sent a question about item #140879132577, that ended on Nov-09-12 15:29:54 PST - New & Sealed MOTOCROSS! by Tronix for Commodore 64 C64 Diskette Disk

Sent Date: Dec-20-12 05:30:12 PST

Dear vgsale2012,

Your items will be shipped today via EMS, please choose a game or program for FREE. Thank you

- liwer2006

Edited by Eur3ka

That transaction was done on December 12th. Please don't say you lost $300, because you only paid $120 and I included Cosmic Commuter for free, as I agreed in this eBay message.

The $120 were on top of my eBay purchases. And you included Cosmic Commuter to make up for previous mistakes by you. So yes, I lost around $300.

And this time $200 items, $50 shipping and $40 duties and Fedex fees.

Do you really want to deny that the games are being destroyed in Venezuela?

I'll no longer waste my time and money buying games in Venezuela and I can not recommend it any longer to anyone else.

You may think the negative feedback is unfair, but you can't sell your items worldwide knowing that a high percentage of the games will arrive damaged.

- I provided you the real FedEx tracking number. You can see it on Paypal or eBay.

I'm talking about the package from December. It usually takes forever till you send an invoice for eBay purchases and you said several times the package was shipped and provided a wrong tracking number. When I told you the tracking number is wrong you provided another one, clearly showing that you just shipped it.

Bottom line is, with the games being destroyed in Venezuela it's no longer worth the hassle.

The $120 were on top of my eBay purchases. And you included Cosmic Commuter to make up for previous mistakes by you. So yes, I lost around $300.

And this time $200 items, $50 shipping and $40 duties and Fedex fees.

Do you really want to deny that the games are being destroyed in Venezuela?

I'll no longer waste my time and money buying games in Venezuela and I can not recommend it any longer to anyone else.

You may think the negative feedback is unfair, but you can't sell your items worldwide knowing that a high percentage of the games will arrive damaged.

Previous mistakes? Thank you to accept my present, unfortunately german customs destroyed it.

You paid USD $154.52 for the goods and USD $47 for the FedEx shipping. The USD $40 fees is not mine, you must comply with all the duties as citizen of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

Here are two pictures with the actual order details:

post-35203-0-12941500-1372297546_thumb.jpg

post-35203-0-14710800-1372297560_thumb.jpg

For what it is worth, I have had good dealings with liwer2006. I have bought items from him multiple times. When customs destroyed or damaged my packages, he has gone out of his way to try to make up for it (something he is under no obligation to do, in my opinion).

Anyone who has read this thread must be aware that ordering from Venezuela is a big gamble.

If you are going to order from Venezuela, I think this is a very good seller to purchase from.

I ordered a pair of Famicom adapters from Venesuela in 2012 (the rare kind that let you play Famicom carts on NES - requires lockout mod to work on real hardware though) and my package showed no evidence of customs tampering at all, though it did sit in holding for one month. I don't remember what else the seller had, and he closed shop shortly afterwords once people started leaving negative feedback because packages were sitting in holding for a month or longer.

Since the main thing the customs agents are allegedly searching for is drugs, couldn't they simply employ a K9 unit? Simply gather up all of the exported goods into the holding warehouse, and let the dog sniff around. Do this every day. If there are drugs to be found anywhere, the dog will sniff them out immediately while ignoring the other 99.9% of legal exports. Then let the customs open the packages and confiscate the drugs as the dogs find them. Sure it costs a couple grand to train a drug sniffing dog, but a single dog could do the work of at least 60 customs agents tearing through harmless packages, and the vast majority of packages will pass through customs unmolested. Better yet, 100% of the illegal drug shipments will be found by the dogs and confiscated.

Work smarter, not harder, as they used to say.

Edited by stardust4ever

Well, I don't know anything about drug sniffing dogs myself, but I had my suspicions, so I did like 2 minutes of research that would suggest they're not all that accurate. One number I saw was 44%, and there were other qualifications. Hey, I think I'd be happy with that success rate, if I was catching 44% of drugs in there that easily, but it's not as accurate as agents slashing through video game boxes with knives.

:)

• Like 1

Here's a thought: Would it be possible to send international packages with insurance? Generally, if an insured package gets damaged in transit, the postal courier has to pay the shipper for the declared value of the items inside. Or does this only work for domestic shipments?

In the case of Venezuela, shipments sent via FedEx or DHL have insurance, but they don't refund any money when the items are destroyed by customs because they can't nor must interfere with the law or the national controls (shippier sign a contract where excludes these companies for damages caused by customs officers).

Currently, the frequency of opened parcels is higher than earlier this year, about 30%. However, I have resolved this sending the goods directly from USA to the customers of all over the world.

• 6 months later...

My 2 cents, as I found this guys Ebay id on Google vgsale2012 is a complete scam artist, just look at his 'feedback left for others'. Long story short, sold him some sealed 2600 games and he left negative stating opened. (ie., refund or negative feedback) I shutter to think of dealings he\she made without the help of Ebay or Paypal's resolution center.

Edited by KINGBKPWNIII

• 1 year later...

My 2 cents, as I found this guys Ebay id on Google vgsale2012 is a complete scam artist, just look at his 'feedback left for others'. Long story short, sold him some sealed 2600 games and he left negative stating opened. (ie., refund or negative feedback) I shutter to think of dealings he\she made without the help of Ebay or Paypal's resolution center.

I wish I would have read this before. I sold him an Atari 32-in-1 cartridge http://www.ebay.com/itm/251778922729?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

I shipped from Mexico (Jan/07/2015) to USA with tracking number RP598000213MX (trackable in sepomex.gob.mx and usps.com)

I know mail is slow, a month later he sent me a message menacing me to open a eBay case because the item wasn't moving along.

Then I made a mistake, I refunded him the whole money as a good will gesture until he received the item (and I stated it clearly in my message)

Of course, he received the item, and I asked for payment, and he never bothered to answer me....

Besides I feel silly enough because I left him positive feedback since shipped :dunce: but the good point is that it wasn't so much money, but anyway the silly feeling is still there... :lol:

I wish I would have read this before. I sold him an Atari 32-in-1 cartridge http://www.ebay.com/itm/251778922729?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

I shipped from Mexico (Jan/07/2015) to USA with tracking number RP598000213MX (trackable in sepomex.gob.mx and usps.com)

I know mail is slow, a month later he sent me a message menacing me to open a eBay case because the item wasn't moving along.

Then I made a mistake, I refunded him the whole money as a good will gesture until he received the item (and I stated it clearly in my message)

Of course, he received the item, and I asked for payment, and he never bothered to answer me....

Besides I feel silly enough because I left him positive feedback since shipped :dunce: but the good point is that it wasn't so much money, but anyway the silly feeling is still there... :lol:

sad to know that he is a AA-Member. i have blocked this buyer from bidding on my auctions.

additional information: how to block an ebay bidder :evil:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-To-Block-An-eBay-Bidder-/10000000012835288/g.html

oh, by the way. he has more than one account

Edited by Schitti
  • Like 1

sad to know that he is a AA-Member. i have blocked this buyer from bidding on my auctions.

additional information: how to block an ebay bidder :evil:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-To-Block-An-eBay-Bidder-/10000000012835288/g.html

oh, by the way. he has more than one account

I've took note! Thanks!

Now that is disgusting, what a scumbag! I have blocked him long time ago. He is on my personal "Code Red" list......

• Like 1

Having stuff searched is a sign of the times I guess. And something that's more and more international as time goes on.

As an example, a couple years ago I flew direct from London. UK to my home city in Canada. One piece of luggage didn't arrive with the rest. A few weeks later it showed up. The lock had been broken off and a label was attached to the luggage from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Odd, considering that I didn't stop in the U.S.A. -- nor did I fly over U.S. soil.

So it seems that there's some kind of agreement between certain nations in regards to the search of packages and luggage in-transit.

Despite seeing this happen first-hand, I'm still pretty shocked at how mangled a lot of the game boxes are in the photos in this thread. That's pretty awful.

Edited by Nebulon
  • Like 1