IGNORED

Forum upgrade time again!

Albert

A friend of mine works at MS, and even he said that Windows 8 has a badly designed UI. It's as if they decided to make it different in order to be different, not because they actually thought of a way to improve anything.

The new UI is quite good for consumers (even though unintuitive at several places). But it is a huge step back for people who are producing something that exceeds writing an email. Nevertheless M$ is trying to force the new UI to both groups, because of their new strategy.

If they do not react to people's complaints, companies will stick with Win7 for a long time, hoping that Win 9 will be better again. If not, Windows is dead for productive use.

BTW: I am one of the few people who actually likes the clean look of Win 8. Most people I have met hate it with passion.

The new UI is quite good for consumers noobs (even though unintuitive at several places). But it is a huge step back for people who are producing something that exceeds writing an email. Nevertheless M$ is trying to force the new UI to both groups, because of their new strategy.

If they do not react to people's complaints, companies will stick with Win7 for a long time, hoping that Win 9 will be better again. If not, Windows is dead for productive use.

BTW: I am one of the few people who actually likes the clean look of Win 8. Most people I have met hate it with passion.

Fixed. Some customers don't like it but noob who don't know computer seems to like it.

I've decided to hold off on upgrading the forum until the next release, 3.4.4, as Invision continues to focus on fixing editor problems, and the editor should be in better shape in 3.4.4 versus 3.4.3. They're already running 3.4.4 on their forum, so its release won't be too far off. I'll jump on it with a fury once released.

..Al