IGNORED

Games that should have been made for Intellivision

mr_intv

With the jlp cart that has flash memory and lots of ram and storage an RPG on the Intellivision is doable

With leveling, collecting items, final bosses and so on? And do you mean RPG or JRPG? I prefer the turn-based RPG. Do you have any plan to make a game like that?

• Like 1

I don't know what a JRPG is. Japanese Roll Playing Game?

I have no plans to commission an RPG for the Intellivision. However, if someone was to start a project, I would publish it.

Design a game, and have a programmer write it.

Anyone who would like the technical specs on our cartridge, please email me at willy_moeller@hotmail.com

We have an Intellivision graphics utility, which supports both the Intellivision, and Aquarius, not to mention, the PET. Hopefully, this will be released soon. You may have seen a few Intellivision screens (one showing Cartman) posted.

I have been doing a lot of thinking outside the box, so to speak to get projects completed. I am not a rich man, and I can't bankroll the development of too many games at once. People can start a project and know that Elektronite is a path to getting the game on cartridge 'complete in box'.

Obviously, I won't publish something that I don't think has a chance at success, but if it is a good game, there should be no problem.

I used to imagine Bagman might have worked well on the Intellivision.

Maybe Pooyan would work okay.

Games with wide-open area movement like Berzerk would work well with the Inty controller.

Wizard Of Wor would probably be bitchin'!

Maybe Domino Man, since no one made a port of it.

Food Fight may have turned out awesome.

@ GfyI

Okay thanks, unfortunately I doubt that anyone is planning to develope such an sophisticated project like an RPG or J (yep, japanese, like early Final Fantasys) RPG. I just dont have any developing skill, so I cant even try to develop a game. Well, I am afraid there will be not even one more RPG on the Intellivision :(

Some game shows may have worked well on Inty.

Second Chance

Press Your Luck

Tic Tac Dough

Joker's Wild

Bullseye

Yeah, there wouldn't be room for many questions. But some aspiring programmer might be willing to give them a shot. Tic Tac Dough was in the works at one time for the Atari 2600 but that fell through, probably because of the question hangup.

@ GfyI

Okay thanks, unfortunately I doubt that anyone is planning to develope such an sophisticated project like an RPG or J (yep, japanese, like early Final Fantasys) RPG. I just dont have any developing skill, so I cant even try to develop a game. Well, I am afraid there will be not even one more RPG on the Intellivision :(

i had to scroll up and figure out who "gfyi" was. when i first read it i thought you were saying "go fuck yourself idiot" :)

I dun geddit Tales from the Game Room. While the video was informative (and you obviously know your stuff) it doesn't tell me what games you think should have been made for the INTV. This is something I'd really like to know! :)

I personally think they should have followed up on Treasures of Tarmin WITHOUT the complications of an AD&D license.

• 3 weeks later...

After receiving C64ANNABALT, the Commodore 64 version of CANNABALT on cartridge, I wonder if this game would be possible on our beloved Intellivision.

An up-to-date game ported to the Intellivision. Wouldn't this be great?

C64ANNABALT:

CANNABALT for Sony PSP:

That looks just like Mirror's Edge, and I wouldn't expect it to tax the Intellivision that much. Basically, the background is static, and the foreground can be done by cycling GRAM on the BACKTAB. Sort of like the reverse of Joe's Space Patrol parallax effect.

-dZ.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...