IGNORED

Intellivision KING OF THE MOUNTAIN

mjarnold7

Last week, I sent Joe a query about the status of a future run of Space Patrol carts. He stated that he still plans to produce more carts. However, he did not have a time frame when he will do so.

Well that's good news for many here who still haven't acquired this awesome game. Yay Joe!

• Like 1

There was already another run of his homebrew games which you could pre-order this year. so maybe there will be another one in a few years. I have time since the Intellivision is not my main platform :)

I can't say for sure, but I believe that that wasn't a new run as much as just cleaning out remaining inventory. Although, David has said that he feels KOTM is an underrated game, so who knows....

David doesn't usually do "another run"......I could be wrong....

Yes, another run is not what David does.

He has released the games for the love of the system, not to mass produce the games.

Great work by him to give access for the hardcore collectors to games complete in a box, with superb artwork. for games we may never have otherwise seen!

• 7 years later...

I agree with DZ's statement that controlling the man was clunky.... NO MORE!!! I have spent some time on this game as I have always loved it. The disc controller input has been rewritten and I think works much better. I have cleaned up other aspects of the game also. If you have an Intelligentvision game board of KotM, it can be upgraded for cost of shipping. This is an old thread and an "old" game so I am curious if there is any interest.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, intvdave said:

I agree with DZ's statement that controlling the man was clunky.... NO MORE!!! I have spent some time on this game as I have always loved it. The disc controller input has been rewritten and I think works much better. I have cleaned up other aspects of the game also. If you have an Intelligentvision game board of KotM, it can be upgraded for cost of shipping. This is an old thread and an "old" game so I am curious if there is any interest.

Absolutely! I too forgot to upgrade Spina 

8 hours ago, intvdave said:

Yay!  Thanks for that.  Just to be sure, I like the game the way it is, minus the wonky controllers.  So if your updated version is just an input-handling and bug-fixing revision, I'm all for it! (I mean, I don't really care to have any new features or changes in game-play).  ?

Just let me know to where I send the cart and how much postage you need.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

I was asking myself... why did we not "finish" the game back in 2011. The wife reminded me all the work we did to take it from a non-working prototype to a complete game. I had an issue with the controller input back then also but I was just happy to have been done. Revisiting the game was something I wanted to do after it was released and I am finally happy to have done this as I found other issues and now understand why people found the game hard. Besides the challenging controller input, there was a bug in the game that would incorrectly take all your food and fire away when it would rain; you had no way to reach the hut. Another issue was how much food the bear would take from you (5 units). This is a bit high. I start each level with 7 units. If a bear takes 5 units from me, it is not possible to reach the next hut unless I collected a bear. This has been changed to 2 units. An addition is to show how many feet you have climbed as you run up the mountain. Other additions are more visual such as changing the screens from yellow to tan; just minor visual clean up. The game now seems to be "perfect". For those of you that want the update, please private PM me or email me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I assume the BSR box version for sale cannot be upgraded to this ROM?  Are there plans to sell ROM?

I don’t own the cart but I have been continuously eyeing it waiting to pull the trigger.     

I can not upgrade the BSR carts. An option is to buy a game board ($20 shipped in U.S.) and replace the BSR game board.

For those of you that want to update your current game board, buying a new game board is an option also. This saves in shipping one way and the hassle for you to ship out.

Yes, the ROM will be included in my KotM ROM packages sold on the Intellivision.us website.

• Like 6

With fixing the bug in the amount of items taken when it rains, this has thrown off the difficulty levels / how much money you start with per level. I have adjusted slightly the expected times to reach the top. I now have to adjust how much money you start with per mountain. Just when I thought I was done... I find another bug. The bonus points are not properly assigned... I need a few more days.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, intvdave said:

With fixing the bug in the amount of items taken when it rains, this has thrown off the difficulty levels / how much money you start with per level. I have adjusted slightly the expected times to reach the top. I now have to adjust how much money you start with per mountain. Just when I thought I was done... I find another bug. The bonus points are not properly assigned... I need a few more days.

Take your time. The game will be better for the updates etc.

• Like 1