IGNORED

Do you like any sports games?

Sports games  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like any kind of sports games?

• Only the retro sports games
    • The modern sports games
    • Some of them
    • None!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ross PK mentioned snooker which reminded me of my love for pool video games. One of my favorites on the DOS PC's back in the day was "Sharkey's 3D Pool". The scrolling 3D table was very well done for the time.

Also a big fan of the Virtual Pool series. Actually trying to find a decent pool game for the Wii if anyone can recommend a good one.

Ross PK mentioned snooker which reminded me of my love for pool video games. One of my favorites on the DOS PC's back in the day was "Sharkey's 3D Pool". The scrolling 3D table was very well done for the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ASqFG86II

Also a big fan of the Virtual Pool series. Actually trying to find a decent pool game for the Wii if anyone can recommend a good one.

Midnight pool is pretty descent from what i've played of it.

• 3 weeks later...

the modern sports games are more like sports simulators. Hence I dont like them as much.

every once in a while you have to press pause, adjust strategies, change system, player matchups etc

hence I havent devoted much time to the new FIFA, NBA or Pro Evolution Soccer franchises. they require so much training and have so sensitive control mechanisms that it becomes more of a grinding chore rather than a retro sports title that is fun to play.

also the fact that now they focus more on realistic models and stadiums, makes it more interesting to watch a match on TV than actually play it.

Last night I had some great fun with Neo Geo Cup '98.

2 minute games, lots of goal animations, and my favorite part is that there is a 'foul' button that instantly adds risk/reward management. When your games are only 2 minutes long, who cares if you take a card for taking out their team captain. Hell, sometimes I'll pass him the ball just so I get a chance to foul him out.

Edited by Reaperman

There were quite a few games I used to enjoy. Leaderboard on the A8, Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker and Kick Off. Oh ... And I mustn't forget Sensi Soccer, even though the ST version had a glitch that made it very easy to score.

I also loved the McRay rally games and the Grand Prix games by Geoff Crammond.

Today, it's FIFA and Forza, with a little F1.

Edited by Tickled_Pink