IGNORED

What is it ? "Guide des codes de caractère de jeux intellivision"l

scalpel

I think that is a guide to be used with the ECS. The ECS basic has some commands that allow you to extract the graphics of the cartridge that is inserted on the unit. Quite cool in my opinion.

I spent one entire afternoon playing with this function. Insert a cartridge, write the command and a number. See what sprite shows up. Try different numbers with the command. Insert a new cartridge and repeat the process. BTW I am not a programmer I was only following the instructions from the manuals of the ECS.

Unfortunately the numbers that you put next to the command to extract the sprites are quite random so you end up extracting random sprites from the games. Enter the guide: It contains a series of tables that match the sprites with the ECS numbers for a number of Mattel games. Cool stuff!

I hope this helps.

Oscar

• Like 1

I think that is a guide to be used with the ECS. The ECS basic has some commands that allow you to extract the graphics of the cartridge that is inserted on the unit. Quite cool in my opinion.

I spent one entire afternoon playing with this function. Insert a cartridge, write the command and a number. See what sprite shows up. Try different numbers with the command. Insert a new cartridge and repeat the process. BTW I am not a programmer I was only following the instructions from the manuals of the ECS.

Unfortunately the numbers that you put next to the command to extract the sprites are quite random so you end up extracting random sprites from the games. Enter the guide: It contains a series of tables that match the sprites with the ECS numbers for a number of Mattel games. Cool stuff!

I hope this helps.

Oscar

Nifty! Oscar, do you own one? Is there a chance anybody would transcribe it into an electronic document?

If someone scans one of the books, I can transcribe it. :)

Neat! I really need to take some time to pull out my ECS and Synth and read all of those manuals. I'm guessing that there's a world of untapped INTV potential in there :love:

Yes indeed. The potential of hacking the sprites of games. Deadly dogs anyone?

Imagine in the same way as there is a Chinese hack of Super Sonic Bros for the NES we could create Advanced Dungeons & Carol :)

Nifty! Oscar, do you own one? Is there a chance anybody would transcribe it into an electronic document?

If someone scans one of the books, I can transcribe it. :)

Yes, Dz I have a copy of the now legendary "Blue Book". I will happily take some pictures and post them.

I have some other unusual European Intellivision documents. If I have the time I will take some pics and post them too.

I'm not sure, but I think you should send it to me for closer inspection. :-D Is that something you own or something you saw in an auction? If it's yours, I'm up for trading! :thumbsup: ;)

It's not mine ! ;)

Someone is selling it with a unit and games. It's not a auction. I asked her/him for details... Wait and See.

Yes, Dz I have a copy of the now legendary "Blue Book". I will happily take some pictures and post them.

I have some other unusual European Intellivision documents. If I have the time I will take some pics and post them too.

Great! I'm a rather fast typist, so I wouldn't mind transcribing them.

dZ.

Hey guys, as promised I am posting the pictures of the guide. There are 10 pictures, the first five will be in this post.

Hey DZ if you happen to transcribe the guide please share the file with me ;)

On a different note, It would be cool to eventually have a list of sprites of the remaining games. Cheers! O

post-34781-0-60983500-1364851107_thumb.jpg

post-34781-0-79742700-1364851131_thumb.jpg

post-34781-0-78023500-1364851141_thumb.jpg

post-34781-0-34758600-1364851182_thumb.jpg

post-34781-0-28196700-1364851207_thumb.jpg

Done DZ :)

Are the pictures clear enough?

Cheers,

Oscar

Saw them. Yes, they are clear. I'll work on it on the weekend. Now, if there was a kind soul who would then translate my transcripts into English, then the circle would be complete, and all would be well with the world. :)

Saw them. Yes, they are clear. I'll work on it on the weekend. Now, if there was a kind soul who would then translate my transcripts into English, then the circle would be complete, and all would be well with the world. :)

what language are you translating them in?

• 4 months later...

I hope this helps.

Oscar

I'm in my family place in Paris right now and I found ECS Guide in French in really good shape ! :)

I can't translate them. They are in Belgican or Franceish, one of those fruity languages. :lol:

-dZ.

*throw le apple at you with a fruity swear * Sacrebleu!

:grin: I wish I can translate it, but I won't have much spare time. I suppose I can still get the transcription and work on it while other French-speaking members work on it.

Edited by CatPix