IGNORED

8K Supercart

Tempest

@Marc: There's no shame in being wrong. You'll understand someday.

Oh good night Mike. You called me all but a liar and then told me to kiss your ass and now your gonna get all butt hurt over that little comment of mine ? Didn't you see the smiley face or do mine not count like yours do ? As far as your little pearl of wisdom goes.... perhaps you should look in a mirror before you go repeating that to anyone.

Hey, you two. Play nice. I love both of ya.....

I thought we were Jon, at least no one called the cops this time ;-)... So haven't heard from you in a while. What are you up to these days ??

Heh... it's hard to tell with you guys :)

I've been pretty busy, mostly with family stuff. Four kids are a handful. I'm about to reclaim my workbench and such down in the basement to work on some stuff... I think from the TI side, I need to get my F18A reflashed (I don't know if my 844USB will do it or not, I haven't looked into it real closely.) I have it hooked up to a nice 19" flat panel TV via VGA, but unfortunately, it doesn't pass through sound with the VGA. I have two 512K multicart prototypes (on non-green "proto boards") that I found buried that I need to finish building (they just need two switches, a modified cart case, and a label.) They will soon be replaced by the new 512K board, but I'm unsure who/how it's going to get manufactured and distributed yet.

I've gotten all my CC-40 stuff inventoried and am preparing to offer it as a package to potential buyers who wants an instant CC-40 collection; there's really not much more than I can do with it other than show it at faires and such. The wife has been bugging me to take my multitudes of shelves of TI stuff and consolidate it a little bit.

I still need to load Mad Marvin up in MESS or Classic99 and play it; I bought it from you long ago, but just haven't had the time to convert it over to play it. You make some kick butt games, man.

Heh... it's hard to tell with you guys :)

I've been pretty busy, mostly with family stuff. Four kids are a handful. I'm about to reclaim my workbench and such down in the basement to work on some stuff... I think from the TI side, I need to get my F18A reflashed (I don't know if my 844USB will do it or not, I haven't looked into it real closely.) I have it hooked up to a nice 19" flat panel TV via VGA, but unfortunately, it doesn't pass through sound with the VGA. I have two 512K multicart prototypes (on non-green "proto boards") that I found buried that I need to finish building (they just need two switches, a modified cart case, and a label.) They will soon be replaced by the new 512K board, but I'm unsure who/how it's going to get manufactured and distributed yet.

I've gotten all my CC-40 stuff inventoried and am preparing to offer it as a package to potential buyers who wants an instant CC-40 collection; there's really not much more than I can do with it other than show it at faires and such. The wife has been bugging me to take my multitudes of shelves of TI stuff and consolidate it a little bit.

I still need to load Mad Marvin up in MESS or Classic99 and play it; I bought it from you long ago, but just haven't had the time to convert it over to play it. You make some kick butt games, man.

Wives just don't seem to understand ;-).....

Thanks for the props. I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have something new end of summer.

So to stay on topic (sort of) I think the Fellow who sprung this thread (Tempest) was inquiring about a multi-cart recently. If he is still reading this maybe he'll ping you if he hasn't all ready.

Marcus

Dude, I just downloaded Mad Marvin (demo version) and played it for about 30 minutes. What a rockin' game that is, man!! =)

I got my aZZ handed to me the first 5 or 6 games but then I got the feel... Got all the way to level 5 and then lost my last ship. That's a truly cool game, brother... truly cool.

marv1_zps913f137c.jpg

marv2_zpsd11c942b.jpg

marv3_zpsc96224a1.jpg

Hadn't ever played this before... Can't wait to try it out on real hardware. =)

Looks a bit like Space Taxi (C64). I always hoped for someone to port it.

Hmph..... Good eye Michael. Space Taxi actually inspired the whole thing. I was playing it on the C64 one day and lamenting that the TI doesn't have sprite to background checking in the VDP. Seems it doesn't need it that much. The game started out as a ST port but got side tracked along the way and morphed into what it is. For better or worse.

• 2 weeks later...
The file appears to be in three parts, how do I load that?

That's how Editor/Assembler programs work, chained files of 8k each. Just load Editor/Assembler, select option #5 'Run Program File', and enter the first filename (DSK1.ROBO1)

Just copy them into a disk image with TI99Dir. If you don't have this utility already, it will make your life much simpler. :)

There should be a link in the sticky tools thread, I think? Fred's site keeps moving and my bookmark is invalid.

Just copy them into a disk image with TI99Dir. If you don't have this utility already, it will make your life much simpler. :)

Yes I do have TI99Dir, but I'm still quite a n00b with the TI-99 stuff (I'm an Apple II guy by background). How do you place individual files onto a disk image with the tool?

I created a short video to show how to copy files onto a new disk image, it's faster than explaining. :)

I didn't get very far on hardware, the title page loads and runs reliably, but I had trouble beyond that. I know I didn't get everything, so I'm not too surprised.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...