IGNORED

Is there any information on Intellivision controllers?

Draugr

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping to get information on the following questions.

1. Are there any sites or members who sell new, or refurbished Intellivision, or Intellivision II / Sears controllers?

2. Are there any sites with parts and instructions to repair or refurbish controllers?

3. Are there any plans or projects to design and create new Intellivision compatible controllers? I'm not talking about hack projects like the Jaguar controller, but new designs.

Thanks,

John

Here you can buy new old stock controllers and parts: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fliwer2006%2Fm.html%3F_nkw%3D%26_armrs%3D1%26_from%3D%26_ipg%3D%26_trksid%3Dp3686

I guess repairing these controllers is very easy, if you have the right parts. I dont know if you can repair a damaged circuit matrix, or if its irreparable.

One of the big start up costs for making new Intellivision games was the cost of shells. It took about 1700 shells to run through the engineering costs and get them to a reasonalbe cost. Can you imagine what the cost of a new controller mould would be?

The only way I can see new controllers being viable would be as part of an Intellivision Flashback system. You are probably looking at a 30,000 dollar cost just to get a prototype controller made.....maybe more.

I always thought that replacing the original Intellivision One wires with an Intellivision II set of wires would be good to do, but unfortunately, the connector end in the hand controller is not compatible. It really is a shame that the Intellivision II controllers are so poorly made. I think making an Intellivision 1 to Intellivision 2 connector adaptor would be worthwhile....ie allowing you to easily plug Intellivision I controllers into an Intellivision II.

Personally, I'd love to find a source of controller parts...especially the gold discs.....back in the day, the local video game shop would refurbish your Intellivision controllers for a price, and had a supply of new gold discs that it would stick on your original damaged disc. There must be a way to manufacture a replacement...

• 4 months later...