IGNORED

best Sega Saturn emulator for Wii Homebrew channel?

ComputerSpaceFan

Thinking I might pick up a used Wii and mod it to run the homebrew channel. One thing I wouldn't mind having is a Sega Saturn emulator although I hear the Saturn has always been a tough one to emulate.

Given there's only about three Saturn games I'd want to run (Final Fight Revenge, Darkstalkers, and Panzer Dragoon) does anyone know the best emulator for these titles? Only found Yabause Wii from the homebrew wiki page but it looks like that has had issues over the years.

Any recommendations?

Mod Chips are $35-$45 and you can get them from RacketBoy or Sega Style. I have one my self and they work great. Pick up a 4-in-1 cart while you're at it. It makes playing imports much easier.

+1 This

A Saturn (you want the model with the oval power/reset buttons, not the round ones), a mod chip, and a 4 in 1 cart should not cost you more than 150 bucks.

If that's not an option, the best you can do is have a good PC and use SSF.

A Saturn (you want the model with the oval power/reset buttons, not the round ones), a mod chip, and a 4 in 1 cart should not cost you more than 150 bucks.

I have 2 modded Saturns with the round power buttons. Is this a defective model or something?

I have 2 modded Saturns with the round power buttons. Is this a defective model or something?

Nono, you're fine. Like Gandor just ponted out, some models are easier to mod than others. The ones with the oval buttons are the easier ones. (Less wires to worry about.)

• 3 weeks later...

Until someone miraculously develops an SD-card based solution, Saturn is a tough go in terms of not wanting to buy all the games. I agree with the others though, you have to play imports. Too many good games left in Japan.

PS: Can't you run imports without modding using one of those Action Replay Plus cartridges?