IGNORED

Wich one of these you would buy as a Complete in Box Release?

retroillucid

22 members have voted

1. 1. Wich of these titles you would like to see a full Complete in Box Release?

• Yolk's on You
    • M*A*S*H
    • Porky
    • Video Hustler
    • Fall Guy
    • Number Bumber (release as Amazing Bumpman by Telegames)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Porky's looks complete but also looks very buggy. I think some sort of boss level before the place blows up would certainly make it a better game.

I haven't played this game in quite a while, so I can't comment on any "bugs", but overall, the game is as complete as it should be from what I remember. The Porky's ROM in circulation was apparently dumped from a Xante cartridge, which is very rare, but is still technically a released cartridge (not a prototype). The game should be complete and ready for release.

I was actually considering doing a run of M*A*S*H and/or Porky's when I finish up with my current project, but I guess I can cross this off my list.

I haven't played this game in quite a while, so I can't comment on any "bugs", but overall, the game is as complete as it should be from what I remember. The Porky's ROM in circulation was apparently dumped from a Xante cartridge, which is very rare, but is still technically a released cartridge (not a prototype). The game should be complete and ready for release.

I was actually considering doing a run of M*A*S*H and/or Porky's when I finish up with my current project, but I guess I can cross this off my list.

Yeah I believe both it and mash are complete. I have played both roms in emulators. Is it better to publish them as is and keep with the original publishers intensions? Or is it better to make some improvements like added levels and bad guys/bosses and release a better game?

Has steamroller ever been released in cart form? (non prototype)

Edited by Manoau2002

Yeah I believe both it and mash are complete. I have played both roms in emulators. Is it better to publish them as is and keep with the original publishers intensions? Or is it better to make some improvements like added levels and bad guys/bosses and release a better game?

I guess each person will feel differently. Personally, I don't think any significant changes should be made.

Has steamroller ever been released in cart form? (non prototype)

Yes, Intellivision Productions originally released it back in 2000. It was re-issued in 2008, but unfortunately it's no longer available.

Actually I haven't played Porky's yet but I thought people said that when you get to the end underneath porky's there must be a bug because there is no way to get out you are done.

Unless someone else who has played figured out the super secret way to get out.

Actually I haven't played Porky's yet but I thought people said that when you get to the end underneath porky's there must be a bug because there is no way to get out you are done.

Unless someone else who has played figured out the super secret way to get out.

What do you mean by "getting out"? The footage I've seen on YouTube indicates how to reach the last screen where Porky's is demolished/burned/whatever.

What do you mean by "getting out"? The footage I've seen on YouTube indicates how to reach the last screen where Porky's is demolished/burned/whatever.

So maybe it was just people doing something wrong and if you do something wrong then you get stuck, I haven't seen that youtube video.

I just here voices sometimes :-D No I thought I read about people complaining they were stuck but maybe it is because they just didn't do the correct sequence as now I have watched the video

I was worried there for a second.

Yeah, the second-to-last screen is difficult but it can be completed. As far as I can tell, the solution is randomly generated and you need to use trial and error. The game is complete with music (which other versions of the game don't have) and should be bug-free (or nearly so). Of course, someone would need to play through the game a few times on each difficulty level to confirm, and frankly I have never done this.

I was worried there for a second.

Yeah, the second-to-last screen is difficult but it can be completed. As far as I can tell, the solution is randomly generated and you need to use trial and error. The game is complete with music (which other versions of the game don't have) and should be bug-free (or nearly so). Of course, someone would need to play through the game a few times on each difficulty level to confirm, and frankly I have never done this.

I have watched a few different porky's walkthroughs. The one posted above shows how to complete the final stage. I watched one where the reviewer wasn't sure how to get past it. I could be wrong but I seem to remember seeing a third video where the game froze after the last stage. Could there be multiple roms at different levels of completeness? Is porky's based on anything? (like a book,tv show, movie) I think the ending would be better if there was a boss battle between porky and the hero. After which the hero set explosives blowing up the bar. But thats just my opinion. Its up to whoever wants to release it.