IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

Ya, maybe....

but cloning others' stuff are sure not going to help the CV community imo

Agreed. And it puts people in difficult positions. Personally I want to be able to help and support anyone that is developing stuff for the system, but it makes it harder when the people who are developing projects are fighting or making things that will upset each other.

• Like 1

Ya, maybe....

but cloning others' stuff are sure not going to help the CV community imo

cloning no.... adding feature yes....

i dont want to debate about cloning... what i want its see what those talented guys can give us and how far they will go to upgrade the quality of game... im not rich and i cant by my self do what they do but if i can help a littlet bit to get new colecovision stuff i will and i think there is a couple of guys here who contribute to all the project by giving time or some stuff or little amount of money to see what they can do...

people give ed a second chance they preoder 270 copies of his game even after he mia for 2 years....

so why not a sgm 2 with the 5 chanel konami chip and 64k ram and speech could ed and juice talk together maybe yes probably no but who knows...,

cloning no.... adding feature yes....

i dont want to debate about cloning... what i want its see what those talented guys can give us and how far they will go to upgrade the quality of game... im not rich and i cant by my self do what they do but if i can help a littlet bit to get new colecovision stuff i will and i think there is a couple of guys here who contribute to all the project by giving time or some stuff or little amount of money to see what they can do...

people give ed a second chance they preoder 270 copies of his game even after he mia for 2 years....

so why not a sgm 2 with the 5 chanel konami chip and 64k ram and speech could ed and juice talk together maybe yes probably no but who knows...,

For me it's more like re-doing an existing game and adding more stuff/levels to it

Is it cool? Yeah maybe

Does it serve purpose? No

Don't get me wrong, people are free to do whatever they want to

But in the end, I just think it should serve the community instead of pissing off some people

Again, my two cents

• Like 2

For me it's more like re-doing an existing game and adding more stuff/levels to it

Is it cool? Yeah maybe

Does it serve purpose? No

Don't get me wrong, people are free to do whatever they want to

But in the end, I just think it should serve the community instead of pissing off some people

Again, my two cents

im with you on this.... we need great game like you are doing right now snatcher and leisure suite toby...

space quest could be nice too... and check your pm i left you a msg for games

Ok, I need to get this out of my chest...

I put hundreds of hours working on the sgm. I went through dozens of different designs and configurations, long discussions with the community. I spent more than $20k to get this thing done, with a few thousand bucks out of my pocket, selling the first run at a loss.I worked really hard to get a product that was as near perfect as possible for me at the time. I even put my sanity in risk near the damn thing release, fighting a number of manufacturing issues. After that I spent the last few years furnishing as many games as I could for the module in collaboration with the two main cv publishers, probably more than half of the sgm catalog. Oh, and add to that fighting the naysayers for years, people saying I was crazy, that the sgm was a terrible idea and such.

Now enters this bloodsucker which is looking for just a quick buck. He offers an inferior product in every way, in a damn famicom shit case, with a board that all hand soldered and a mess (yes, I have seen pictures of an actual assembled board). Then he starts badmouthing me to sell his shit, he says I can go screw myself and now he dares coming here like if he actually wants to help anyone? Seriously? This parasite only wants to help himself, he has zero investment on the whole thing and now wants to ruin the damn platform by spamming an "improved" clone, fragmenting the user base for his own personal gain? And who is to fault for that? Me. I stayed away for too long and I allowed that to happen. I jeopardized all the effort me and the publishers put together on this thing. So you may not like me, you may resent me for not shipping the 2nd run when I promised I would.. Well, fair enough. In just a few weeks now the 2nd run will finally start shipping.. Years behind schedule. But it will ship. With the quality one would expect from such an important piece of hardware. With the license I painstakingly negotiated with Coleco. And more importantly, with the passion of years of hard work and diligent dedication to the scene behind it.

Sorry for the rant, but man....

• Like 11

Sorry for the rant, but man....

Do not apologize. I can fully relate in many ways and appreciate your rant. On the positive side, look at the amazing reaction you got to the pre-orders of the new line-up of games. That's gotta tell you something and hopefully makes you feel pretty good about all of this, even if there have been bumps, hurdles, and obstacles along the way...

• Like 5

Oh, and for the record I shared detailed specs and even schematics openly here in thiese forums so that we could get as many programmers on board as possible, so that the whole community could enjoy it. Not to have some bloodsucker using that information to make a profit by copying the module. Sorry, but I will be way more careful in the future.

• Like 1

Do not apologize. I can fully relate in many ways and appreciate your rant. On the positive side, look at the amazing reaction you got to the pre-orders of the new line-up of games. That's gotta tell you something and hopefully makes you feel pretty good about all of this, even if there have been bumps, hurdles, and obstacles along the way...

I know, it is just a rant, there is no resentment against the community, I take responsability for part of the mess. But on the other hand I will have to be a little more careful in the future, because as I mentioned, even though it is a hobby, we put a lot of effort on those things, and there is money involved too.

• Like 4

Guys, please don't feed the troll. I will remove any post from Juice whatever, his fake companion account moon whatever, and any reply to his posts. You are free to post your opinion here, and we are listening, but I won't allow that guy here, sorry. I am pretty sure he can find other threads to badmouth me at the main forum. In the meantime I am checking with Albert a more permanent solution.

Now please back on topic. :)

• Like 3

Guys, please don't feed the troll. I will remove any post from Juice whatever, his fake companion account moon whatever, and any reply to his posts. You are free to post your opinion here, and we are listening, but I won't allow that guy here, sorry. I am pretty sure he can find other threads to badmouth me at the main forum. In the meantime I am checking with Albert a more permanent solution.

Now please back on topic. :)

I guess it might be against policy for someone to come into someone else’s thread and try and promote a product. I was not trying to support the other Supergame module.

The thread your deleted of mine that mentioned that “....maybe there is not enough demand for two people producing a similar product.” Was in away supporting Opcodes Supergame module and design since you came out with the Supergame module first.

Opcode I have been waiting patiently for my Supergame modules that I ordered, and not once until now have I publicly mentioned that I am still waiting.

I am sorry you are getting competition from another hardware provider. I did not mean to offend anyone. I see where you are coming from with your rant.

Have a good day.

I guess it might be against policy for someone to come into someone else’s thread and try and promote a product. I was not trying to support the other Supergame module.

The thread your deleted of mine that mentioned that “....maybe there is not enough demand for two people producing a similar product.” Was in away supporting Opcodes Supergame module and design since you came out with the Supergame module first.

Opcode I have been waiting patiently for my Supergame modules that I ordered, and not once until now have I publicly mentioned that I am still waiting.

I am sorry you are getting competition from another hardware provider. I did not mean to offend anyone. I see where you are coming from with your rant.

Have a good day.

And there was no offense taken. I was merely removing replies to that guy. I have avoided conflict, I don't go defend myself when he badmouths me in his threads. I don't keep posting here about how bad his shit is. Now do we need get to the point where this guy comes here to say he wants to help, then he wants to take over my hardware division, then offers his shit to people in my forum? Come on...

Anyway, he is gone for good, and the whole point of the original post was to say that the boards have shipped, they are already in the US, and we should have them by tomorrow....It was supposed to be a positive news I think....

Now let me take care of a certain fake account...

• Like 2

Not sure how to take the SGM 2.0 announcement, honestly having no Opcode SGM games has been a real bummer for me all these years. You sold me on DK Arcade, I got my SGM's but that was it. Not saying the third party SGM games haven't been fun but the whole concept of having an enhancement for the Coleco actually see the light of day with better arcade quality games is what I was looking for. I was around and owned a Coleco when the original Coleco SGM mock up was shown at various electronic shows (I believe I saw it in person at the Nassau Coliseum show back in the day).

So while I've had the SGM since your first release, I haven't really had that much to play on it. I know you ran into issues with the pre-orders for your upcoming titles but I just really hope you can support the module with your own games, otherwise whats the point of an SGM 2.0?

I really would like to see a drop in replacement if the 2.0 motherboard matches the 1.0 case specs, rather than have to buy a whole new SGM. Making a version without the box to keep the cost down as opposed to just a board swap and label might work for you, but not so sure about me and some others. I like the idea chart45 proposed, and I hope as things progress you would keep this idea on the back burner and possibly reconsider for those of us that have an SGM or two already.

Thanks for listening Eduardo, keep up the good work.

Thanks for telling us about your SGM 2.0 plans! I REALLLLLLYYYYY didn't want to buy a Kool-aid box for voice support in games. I prefer buying the Licensed version from a Colecovision Jedi Master instead!! ;)

Colecovision is a "pay to brand" name. Nothing is official here... You can yourself made Colecovision shampoo to do your business too.

Your "Jedi Master" games are unothorised softwares piraty, because he hack and don't pay royalities to Konami...

(I will see them at Tokyo in march and will not forget to speek about this silly business on their back)

Edited by TotOOntHeMooN

Colecovision is a "pay to brand" name. Nothing is official here... You can yourself made Colecovision shampoo to do your business too.

Your "Jedi Master" games are unothorised softwares piraty, because he hack and don't pay royalities to Konami...

(I will see them at Tokyo in march and will not forget to speek about this silly business on their back)

I think it's safe to say that nobody here at AtariAge is interested in seeing 1 more post from you. Please leave. Thanks.
  • Like 6

I think we have a small problem about this. Opcode have used much, money and time, to develop his SGM - and it seems to have a CLONE. I dont mind if someone make his own design and keep it for himself, but if it starts to ruin Opcode's project I think its not OK anymore. We are a small group of people here, who shares the same Hobby. The problem is that it can stop people to start new CV hardware projects.

If we compare on the Software side, what if Collectorvision or Team Pixelboy announced a game, and another publisher just published before them. That would make some trouble for everyone and prevent new releases.

So I think for us as a small group, we dont need people to compete on the same products. I think we have to think more like Microsoft here ;)

I know a lot of people are hungry to buy a SGM, but I dont hope anyone will think about cancel there Opcode SGM order, cause that is bad for everyone. Anyway there could be a risk at Opcode games will only work at a REAL Opcode SGM.

So I think for us as a small group, we dont need people to compete on the same products. I think we have to think more like Microsoft here ;).

Ouch!!! Microsoft??? Really?

Should have picked a better company to use as an example seeing as Bill Gates has been pirating other companies products since his beginnings! Does anyone remember Digital Research and DR-DOS, Windows, etc., etc., etc.

• Like 1

Okay, so this community didn't greet you with open arms and now your goal is to destroy it? There aren't that many publishers of homebrew ColecoVision games, and there will be even less once I retire in the second half of this year. If your actions help nail Opcode Games to the wall, it's a fair certainty that CollectorVision will also immediately stop their ColecoVision publishing activities just to step away from this mess.

Please realize that this community is small, and that most people today don't even know what a ColecoVision is. Guys like me don't make a profit from releasing these games, whether they are ports or games coded from scratch. This is just a fun hobby for us. Please don't ruin it for everybody.

• Like 14