IGNORED

underrated games,post yours!

fighting:Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/The Movie(Gamegear).The game is just amazing.Solid 1 on 1 fighting with the choice of 16 characters to choose from(rangers,megazoids,and bad guys) even on an original Gamegear.One of my favorite fighting games

Warpath:Jurassic Park(PS1).Solid fighting(well for a dinosaur fighting game it is) DINOSAURS,what more could you want

puzzle:Dr.Mario(Gameboy and Nes).To me everybody likes Columns and Tetris and Dr.mario is a failed attempt to cash in on the Tetris craze but i like it more than Tetris.It has good gameplay mixed with awesome catchy music.

Mojo(PS2) A game similar to Super Monkey Ball but instead of getting the ball to the end you have to break these color coated squares with the right color coated ball(by getting the power ups)

Action:Dungeon Explorer TG-16).A Solid gauntlet style game with semi catchy music and a challenge that will make you die if you dont keep concentrated

RPG:Dragon Quest Monster Joker 1&2(DS).The Pokemon,Final Fantasy and other Dragon Quest games are the DS RPG's that get alot of attention but Joker gets the least.Sure it's not the best DS RPG but I kinda like the battle elements a little more than the Pokemon battle elements.Worth to give a shot if you can find them cheap.

Man I hate Columns. Dr. Mario is great. For an underrated puzzle game, I'd turn to Wario's Woods.

My answer is always Bosconian. So underrated that this is probably the only website I can post on where people might have heard of it.

• Like 3

My answer is always Bosconian. So underrated that this is probably the only website I can post on where people might have heard of it.

Bosconian is awesome! +1 to you!

Mojo is a fun little PS2 hidden gem.

I always have to mention PlayStation Turnabout. Puzzling...er, puzzle game w/ great music.

Also more recently, NAMCO's Assault (arcade & PlayStation)

Dreamweb. The game got reviews ranging from 'pretty bad' to 'godawful.' I thought that it's premise of a point-and-click adventure from the perspective of a serial killer in an extremely depressing future was just awesome. Some people talk about 'mature' games having blood and nudity. Granted this game has those, but that's not what makes it 'mature.' This is as close as I've ever seen to a true 'murder simulator.' GTA gets called one all the time, but the incredibly light weight it places on human life cheapens the experience. It's a mindless killing simulator. Murder in Dreamweb however, is very centered on the premeditation aspects. Preparation is everything, and there is no other ride like this in video gaming. Like the best movies, it is extremely uncomfortable to experience. But it changed the way I look at the world, and for that, it's my favorite game of all time. By a lot.

Checking out youtube, it looks like yahtzee has a playthrough from last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgU-KA46THc

Edited by Reaperman

Mutant Rampage Bodyslam on the CD-i.

Yes, I'm serious. I know it doesn't control well, the music will cut out, the animated cut scenes are famously bad, and it only allows one player (always disappointing for a beat-'em-up), but I actually enjoy this game a lot. I think that some of the things it offered were innovative, like enemies taking health power-ups if they are left out in the open and the ability to use certain enemies' body parts as weapons. Also, it is really long for a beat-'em-up, and it has a lot of different enemies (and not just color-swapped sprites as tends to be the case in beat-'em'ups).

• Like 1

I totally have your back on this one, bro. Bosconian rules.

As long as we're talking old school arcade games, I'll throw in Zoo Keeper.

Aside from that, my stock answer in "underrated" threads is Cobra Triangle on NES. What a fantastic game.

I had a lot of fun with dr.mario. A friend of mine had a nes clone with docter mario. She carried her system to my house on a sunday morning and we played it for the whole day.

Lethal weapon 3 on the amiga is one of the coolest platformers, but I never hear anything about it. I never hear anything good about Bubsy too. They call it a sonic wannabe, that's okay since sonic is a mario wannabe :P

Edited by roland p

Kickmaster for NES, great title from Taito that has started to get some attention. You go through levels, well, kicking things.

Kickle Cubicle for NES, an Irem puzzler that has you trying to grab all the bags from a level (magic bags or whatever is in them), some bags are in inaccessible areas. You must freeze enemies and kick their frozen bodies into the water to create platforms where you can grab the bags to clear the level. Take too long to finish a level and a giant angry start comes down crushing you. The game starts easy enough, but the difficulty spikes soon enough.

Alisia Dragoon for Genesis, a title from Game Arts, you control a young girl who has pet companions who can help her take out the enemies. Alisia can also fire bolts of lightning from her hands, the longer the attack bar is, the more lightning she can release, but beware, the bar will drain quickly (takes a short time for the bar to refill itself).

Marvel Land on the Genesis from Namco, an early 90's theme park based platformer, some evil mole king has decided to build his lair right in the middle of the theme park world. You as Prince Talmit (or Paco in the Japanese version) must rid your world of this dastardly wizard Mole with the help of 4 fairies that you rescue from the games 4 other bosses. Boss fights are not your typical variety, you must beat them at mini games in order to defeat them. This one tends to get very hard in a hurry, though the game is filled with warps. But be warned, somewhere either in the games last level, or near there, there exists a warp that can take you ALL the way back to the very first stage.

Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight is one of my all-time favorite NES titles. Killer music, great character design, cool story bro, there's nothing forgettable here. Google the arranged soundtrack too.

Ristar was released on the Genesis only 3 months before the Saturn launch. Ristar never got the time/promotion he deserved. There were no sequels. Instead we just got a somewhat decent port on the Game Gear, and no appearances since (sans Sega 'retro collections). Fun fact: Ristar's prototype was called Feel, and his original design was rabbit-like.

Toki Tori was released near the end of the GameBoy Color's lifespan. Great puzzle game. It's been recently rereleased as DLC on the 3DS. Prior to that, it was updated for iOS a couple years ago.

Dril Dozer was released near the end of the Gameboy Advance's lifespan. it boasts a rumbling cartridge and addictive platforming/drilling gameplay. No, it's nothing like Mr. Driller.

Battle Slots is a fantastic little PC game that i have been playing in spurts and still have not gotten to the end. You can get a copy cheap on Amazon and check out my product review (as Judas Ghost).

First, some agreements:

Reactor (arcade and VCS)

Ristar was released on the Genesis only 3 months before the Saturn launch. Ristar never got the time/promotion he deserved.

Saturn: Sonic R. I must the only person that really likes this game.

==> Reactor drew me magnet-like in the arcades. That music! The cool roller-ball control! And the 2600 version is also really fun!

==> concerning Ristar, I can remember finding it around 1999 or 2000 in a bin, taking it home and experiencing this lost gem for the first time, a mix of Sonic and Nights into Dreams feels. Great game - I'm not sure it is underrated now, however- it has received its due praise in the years since. Ristar is in the new Sonic All-stars Transformed game!

==> Sonic R - I loved it back in the day, and still I find Sonic R to be a fun game with lots of nice challenges - it doesn't last too long however. It is really fun trying to figure out how to come in 1st place and still gather enough rings to open the doors & collect the gems during that race. You will not have to hear any character actually speak horrible dialogue, and that's a plus.

Next, I'll add:

Cliffhanger Sega CD - The platforming is coin-op-like - mindless fun, not a whole lot of strategy. But the music is quite good, and this version's exclusive snowboarding "avalanche escape" sequences are in a class all by themselves - not easy but exciting and lots of fun! And the pixelated small-window Cliffhanger-film FMV also really adds to the 'mid-90's era', which is a plus to me. Plus there are codes so you can just play the levels you want to.

I think Space Football: One On One for the SNES is an underrated spiritual successor to LucasArts' Ballblazer. I'm just disappointed that it never got the GBA conversion love that it deserved.

Sounds like I have some shopping to do--or at the very least some powerpak filling. That looks better than Master Blazer by a lot.

Alisia Dragoon is great. When I first got into the Genesis, I had a lot of people recommend it to me. It was a very solid buy. Tough game though.

Oh I have another one:

Every single 32X game.

Warp Speed Megadrive/Genesis. Yep it's Star Raiders with a bit of very cheesy story. But I like this game, it gets samey but has a charm for me I can't really explain. A bit like a 50's SF novel, it's outdated but makes you happy!

Shaq Fu Megadrive/Genesis. I got this game for free just this week, it has a terrible reputation, no idea why really. I like the backgrounds, the sprites are pretty, if small. The game controls very well, why does this game take so much stick??

space Cavern atari 2600. All Apollo games get stick, but this is a great game, one of the best "death from above" titles out there. Cool graphics, fast movement and neat that it divides your attention to the sides of play field.

Outlander Genesis. This game is beyond good, but seems to be totally forgotten. OK the non driving sections are a little weak, but the driving is superb, the atmosphere too. Sadly they lost MAD MAX license just before development completed and game fell into obscurity.

Global Defense Force PS2. Sadly you Yanks never got this game, anyone played Earth Defense Force 2017 Xbox 360 well this is the sequel, you have a character with jetpack who can fly. Need I say more?

Fatal Run Atari 2600. another PAL only release. again a cool MAD MAX vibe going on. Game engine is similar to Pole Position but much advanced, the story is cool, difficulty well balanced and one of the few 2600 games with a final objective. Shame it never got the exposure it deserved.

Crypt Killer Playstation. Great light Gun game, loads of variety, Has a Indy Jones kinda feel,sadly needs a obscure lightgun(konami or Logic3 Predator). I love this game, have played to complete countless times since release but never seems to get a mention.

Shadow Master. Playstation. Possibly the most stylish and fun 1st person shooter of the generation.

Balloon Kids Game boy, Completely fun game, never played anything quite like it. Another I go back to again & again.

Solar Striker Game boy. Great vertically scrolling shooter from the dawn of the GB. Sound track is awesome!

Sabrina Spooked & Zapped Game boy Color. Licensed platform games that are actually good? Who would have thought it? Both are really fun games and will give far more enjoyment than the paltry asking price would suggest.

Lady Sia Game boy Advance. another stupidly cheap game that rocks. It was one of the earliest releases but the graphics are great and gameplay really fun. It does have a few bugs but nothing to ruin it.

Starwinder Playstation. Great futuristic racer, but it's the cut scenes and atmosphere that make this game awesome. Has more character than most games today.

SSX & SSX Tricky. PS2. Both awesome games, forget the sequels these are awesome fun. I care nothing for sports games or snow boarding but these 2 have been played to death in my house.

space Cavern atari 2600. All Apollo games get stick, but this is a great game, one of the best "death from above" titles out there. Cool graphics, fast movement and neat that it divides your attention to the sides of play field.
+1 - it's one of my favorite 2600 games. Loved it back in the day, love it now.

Crypt Killer Playstation. Great light Gun game, loads of variety, Has a Indy Jones kinda feel,sadly needs a obscure lightgun(konami or Logic3 Predator). I love this game, have played to complete countless times since release but never seems to get a mention.
I loved the arcade version, and picked it up for Saturn. Campy fun, but still a lot of fun. "Look up!" "Look right!"

Sabrina Spooked & Zapped Game boy Color. Licensed platform games that are actually good? Who would have thought it?

That's because they were developed by Wayforward. They're actually below standards for Wayforward, so if you like those, check out Xtreme Sports, and of course their amazing, amazing Shantae.