IGNORED

JAGUAR Duo~Power 2-in-1 A/C Adapter

the.golden.ax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some have asked how I was fairing since all this took place. A lot has been promised, but so far the scorecard is Golden Axe has $35 from me, I am down two Skunkboards that originally cost me $80 a piece. While the words have been nice, there has been no action to make right what is wrong.

Tursi tried to repair the two Skunkboards, said there was about a 20% chance of the Skunkboards being repairable, which was about right. One after repair could not work over the USB link, the other poofed when power was put to it. But props to Tursi for at least trying.

Edited by doctorclu

Some have asked how I was fairing since all this took place. A lot has been promised, but so far the scorecard is Golden Axe has $35 from me, I am down two Skunkboards that originally cost me $80 a piece. While the words have been nice, there has been no action to make right what is wrong.

Actually, this is completely false. Not just has both Axe and his wife talked with me multiple times about figuring something out, in case you haven't heard (even though it has been posted in this thread multiple times) Axe has been very sick, which minimally would slow his communication about something. At the same time, as I'm sure you can imagine, sickness causes mounting bills, especially when you can't keep the regular stuff together.

I have been working on locating Axe a Skunkboard which will probably end up being one of the ones that I kept personally to figure out selling it to him so he could give it to you. I have taken a while to do this, as we are moving the GOAT Store, and had to locate where even my own Skunkboards were, since basically no other ones exist.

Clearly, you have no knowledge of this situation, in which case I ask you where else you can just find a Skunkboard sitting around.

To be completely honest with you, I think that Axe has already gone FAR above and beyond what he needed to do. You're waiting on me getting a bit of time to figure out what is a fair price that I can ask for (or trade with) Axe's wife right now to figure this out, which I will do soon. So please, do NOT act like you can just walk to Target and pick up a Skunkboard and send it over and no one has been doing that - I get requests at least weekly for Skunkboards, so if they were so easy to procure, I'm sure you would have been already taken care of. I'm honestly disappointed to know that I'm going to be sending my own personal one to someone so ungrateful.

• Like 4

Goatdan, I'm sorry to see you step into the middle of this.

Actually, this is completely false.

Completely false? Perhaps I should look this over again...

Golden Axe has $35 from me - This is still true. Some have said under the circumstances a refund at least would have been a nice start. None was offered.

I am down two Skunkboards that originally cost me $80 a piece. - This is still true. Gone. Still blown up from a product sworn up and down with symbols for multiple countries that this was a "safe product".

words have been nice - True. Lots of words. You even added some words. That was all they were. Words.

there has been no action to make right what is wrong. - Still true. Nothing seen yet. No refund, no offer to give me a stand in while the replacement is being found, nothing.

This has nothing to do with gratitude, this is letting the community know the truth. This product was advertised as safe, and as soon as I knew otherwise I got on here and stated that there was a risk to skunkboards with this product. No telling how many other Skunkboards were saved from this product. And many have said they would not have been as nice as I have been if it happened to them.

And now I'm answering another question and letting the truth be known again. No, the situation is not resolved and beyond words there has not been much else done.

And when that truth changes to something more positive in Golden Axe's favor, I'll make sure to share that truth as well.

• Like 2

Golden Axe has $35 from me - This is still true. Some have said under the circumstances a refund at least would have been a nice start. None was offered.

You know what, if this is what you're after, I'll refund your money for him and keep my own Skunkboard. Problem solved.

I am down two Skunkboards that originally cost me $80 a piece. - This is still true. Gone. Still blown up from a product sworn up and down with symbols for multiple countries that this was a "safe product".

words have been nice - True. Lots of words. You even added some words. That was all they were. Words.

there has been no action to make right what is wrong. - Still true. Nothing seen yet. No refund, no offer to give me a stand in while the replacement is being found, nothing.

I'm telling you, and perhaps you don't believe it, that they have been making every effort to correct this. Quite frankly, with all of Axe's health issues right now, I'd have told you to shove it if I was him. I understand your frustration about losing one of these, but holy heck man - go read the thread about his health problems because I'm guessing that you haven't or you wouldn't be acting like this.

These are VIDEO freaking GAMES. Axe is a totally awesome guy, and he is totally laid up right now and has been for some time. In the thread, Axe's wife talks publicly about how they can barely make ends meet, and you're out here slamming the dude for not sending you a bunch of money or getting you an unobtainable product immediately.

This has nothing to do with gratitude, this is letting the community know the truth. This product was advertised as safe, and as soon as I knew otherwise I got on here and stated that there was a risk to skunkboards with this product. No telling how many other Skunkboards were saved from this product. And many have said they would not have been as nice as I have been if it happened to them.

That's great. That makes me feel really good about the human race. Probably the same clowns that compared me to Hitler after I suggested that I host Jagfest 2K2 for a second time. Seriously, if "many" are out there saying that they wouldn't have been so nice, I challenge you to be living day to day with money - I did it recently myself - and then have someone freak out about not getting a video game product quickly enough when you are doing everything that you can to actually get it for them.

Again, I can sort of see your complaints if this was a copy of Super Mario Bros for the NES, but I don't exactly see Skunkboards for sale everywhere. And again, if I wasn't certain that I would be making the next mortgage payment, I would just tell you I'd get one when I can and drop it.

And now I'm answering another question and letting the truth be known again. No, the situation is not resolved and beyond words there has not been much else done.

If it's only words, I guess I can plan on not sending you the Skunkboard, and like I said I'll personally refund your money instead. The GOAT Store definitely doesn't have much in the way of money right now, but I'd really like to keep my own Skunkboard that I was going to sell to Axe because of how hard he was trying to make this right when he should be doing nothing of the sort and instead dealing with his own personal issues. If that isn't enough for you, I don't know what to tell you, as I don't know how you can expect him to materialize out of thin air a product that he does not have to loan to you until another one pops up.

And when that truth changes to something more positive in Golden Axe's favor, I'll make sure to share that truth as well.

I'm more concerned about his health, and it makes me absolutely sick that this is of such a big concern to you right now. Tell me if the refund for the thing works out, otherwise PM me and maybe I can work out something with you directly. I would much rather you stop bothering him when he has a million other things he should be focusing on, so you can bother me instead if it makes you feel better.

I hate to say this but doctor you need to use PM's no one want to see this.

Walter - I'm okay with it being public so far, as I think it's only fair for me to be saying that Axe has been doing everything he can do (and again, under the circumstances going way above and beyond what is I think is expected) publicly too. If anyone wants to see what a seller Axe is like, I think it's more than worth pointing out he is trying to correct an issue that is extremely difficult to do, and he is doing it when he is so ill that he shouldn't be bothering with this sort of stuff at all.

Edited by goatdan
  • Like 1

A few points and then no more derailing this thread, please. I've answered every PM that has been sent to me, and it isn't nice to use the public humiliation route to get what you want. In the first place it showed little tact to contact the forum via this thread in the very beginning before emailing Ax. You claimed it for for saving Skunk boards. Okay. Now it shows even less tact. This is a HOMEBREW product, and a private ongoing issue.

There are a few points that need addressing.

First, Skunkboards have a chip inside that requires 9v ONLY, no more, no less. Something the original power cords don't even do. It comes off the direct line. Something that virtually every other electrical video game on earth doesn't do. Any more voltage is apparently stressing it. Because neither Ax or I made the Skunk we could have never known that. It worked on our Skunk. They went so far as to remove this on Skunk 3 apparently because it was a problem with Skunk 1 & 2.

Second, Ax in his goodhearted attempt to correct this, offered to make it right. Once the problem was known, we offered to take all the power supplies back and lower the voltage for EVERYONE. All but two or three people took us up on that. It's mentioned in this very thread, if there is any doubt. Those units that were mailed back, all got repaired and were sent back out. The offer still stands for anybody who has the higher voltage, even you. Just mail it back. I'll take care of the rest.

Finally, the original Atari wallwarts we have on hand all run 13.5v, and around 11v under a load. This means the original power supply is already stressing the supposed 9v limit of the Skunk. The units we sell are now corrected to being 9.0v under a load. This is superior to the original Atari units, that have their voltages all over the place, and way higher than 9v. In the first place, before we corrected these power supplies, they weren't too much for the Jaguar, or JagCD alone, no matter what anybody says. 12.5% is within an acceptable margin. The original voltage of our power supplies was only allegedly problematic on some Skunks. Not even our Skunk, that we tested it on before selling the power supplied in the first place. We have built, refurbished, and sold thousands of power supplies over 17 years. We just didn't know that Skunk was picky, iffy, or took voltage off the incoming line unlike any other video game product on the market. The Skunk is a homebrew product just like ours. Aftermarket items are just that. To quote the Skunk user manual: "User assumes all risk and responsibility regarding use of the SkunkBoard." You agreed to that by using the Skunk. Ax didn't throw that at you when you wanted us to take responsibility. He offered to make it right instead.

This issue isn't any business of those who didn't even buy one. It doesn't matter how kind they would have been, nor should they be getting involved in this dispute publicly, as they aren't even customers. If you want to talk to people in private about it and get your pitch fork out, I can't stop you. We take care of our customers, and we have been taking care of this situation despite your doubts.

If waiting isn't good enough and you want to keep this conversation going in a public forum I'm out. This is my last post on this topic. This thread is for promotion and sales of the power supply while it is available. Nothing else. What is going on now is a private matter that we were nice about and willing to do what it took to correct. In the beginning you had a point about trying to save Skunks. That was the excuse for public performance. Now it's just a smear campaign. Nobody wants to hear this drama. We will assume that you are "letting us out" of the agreement if this keeps up in public. I'm more than happy to respond to your PMs in a timely fashion and let you know what is going on, but this act isn't going to get you or anyone what they want. If I can't do my job and take care of my husband and kids, how likely is it that you will get what you want? We've done everything we can to try to bring this to a close, other than taking our Skunk away from the kids as was explained by PM to you. We even promised to give you the one our kids use in the kiosk if Dan's fell through. Keeping this up in public is a crazy as shooting someone for not paying a loan quickly enough. We made a promise. Does the shylock get paid when their mark is dead? I'm really sorry we aren't quick enough for you. Maybe you would have been happier if we just told you off in the first place, so you could go around saying you were right, but we didn't. We aren't like that. We gave our word and we keep it. Sorry if we aren't fast enough for some people. End of subject. Please direct any response to PM.

Anybody who wants to buy dual power cord can also feel free to PM me. Other than that I'm done addressing this issue in this thread.

Sally

Very wordy Goatdan. Simply supplied the truth for those who asked.

Sally, I can respect your retort, but I'll address two things:

"In the beginning you had a point about trying to save Skunks. That was the excuse for public performance."

Look back on the messages. Golden Axe refused to believe the power supplies were a threat to the Skunkboards, and did not offer to help in correcting the situation until Tursi confirmed it was a problem. By the time Golden Axe and I would have gone round and round in PM's, quite a few other Skunkboards would have met a similar fate. I do not regret going public with the truth, no, it was not an excuse for a "public performance"

"Now it's just a smear campaign. Nobody wants to hear this drama."

Smear campaign would be something unsupported by truth. I had been asked the status on how things were coming along, I gave my answer.

That is my last answer on the issue. Those that asked me in the past can continue to follow up in personal mail.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 2

Very wordy Goatdan. Simply supplied the truth for those who asked.

But you didn't.

Sorry I was "wordy". I'm sorry video games are more important to you than someone's health. I'm sorry that Axe was trying to handle this and that wasn't good enough for you.

Again, I'll handle your issue. Awaiting your contact.

Edited by goatdan

I thought I'll chime in here. This is professionally wrong and from what I've seen utter bullshit.

1. The item was never stated as a AS-IS no warrenty item. In wolfpacmommy's reply stating that "responsibility regarding use of the SkunkBoard." You agreed to that by using the Skunk", is false and void out of context. That protects the "skunk board". It claims no damage to anything and leave's any damage up to the user. Since there was no statement like that with this "power adaptor" Ax's claimed full responsibility. Why? cause his hand/product was making a alteration to a part of the system.

Real world example: of this is if a car stereo installer screws up on installing a part of the stereo and blows up the battery or other components or damages the vehicle he/company is responsible for the repair's and any broken items to be replace/compensated for. Another example of this is Wal-Mart TLE (tire lube and express) When you get your oil change at Wal-Mart there are only responsible for putting oil in your vehicle they can't give you any mechanical advise about breaks/leaks/problems cause they become reliable for your car. You sign this waver ever time your car get's check in.

2."That was the excuse for public performance. Now it's just a smear campaign. Nobody wants to hear this drama. We will assume that you are "letting us out" of the agreement if this keeps up in public". "This issue isn't any business of those who didn't even buy one. It doesn't matter how kind they would have been, nor should they be getting involved in this dispute publicly, as they aren't even customers." by wolfpacmommy. Incorrect He's still has a freedom to rally and public protest as in the constitution....

3.Demining of character never one has doctorclu ever stated that he doesn't care about what's going on with Ax or his family or showed a negative intention towards wolfpacmommy. wolfpacmommy has called him to sum thing up not exact words. a thief, a lair, a soulless person, for him self. Greedy.ect. when all he's show is integrity and composure buy just repeating the same question.

keep it up man!!

Time for me to start demining stuff here and personal thought's.

1.dotorclue reported having issues with the power pack on 5/14 that fried his skunkboard, on the same day tursi confirmed this problem later zerosquare and tursi agreed on that it was a flaw in the design. May/16 Ax acknowledged the same flaw.

On 5/22 Ax get's sick.

8/12 dotorclu wanted to know what was up with his return/refund.

8/12 wolfpacmommy posted We take care of our customers, and we have been taking care of this situation despite your doubts. "We made a promise. Does the shylock get paid when their mark is dead? I'm really sorry we aren't quick enough for you. Maybe you would have been happier if we just told you off in the first place, so you could go around saying you were right, but we didn't. We aren't like that. We gave our word and we keep it. Sorry if we aren't fast enough for some people"

For someone stating customer's are always first you really have a funny why of showing it. The guy has waited almost 3 month's just to go public with his problem than you shove him a with nothing but disrespect.

Goatdan. I'm going to reply to you post on #60. You talk to dotorclu about how hard it must be for them to pay there bill ect, Than in the same post you going saying that your going to sell the skunk board to Ax or trade him for something? if they can't pay there bills how can they afford to pay you?

"I'm honestly disappointed to know that I'm going to be sending my own personal one to someone so ungrateful."-Goatdan .,do you mean Ax? since he's buying or trading for it for his screw up?

"We've done everything we can to try to bring this to a close, other than taking our Skunk away from the kids as was explained by PM to you." -wolfpacmommy.

You'r more worried about holding on to a skunkboard than paying off the debt through trade with somebody Rather than buy since you need money? Away from your kids? How many video games do you guys have? If they had to pick between the Skunk board and there father's life/house do you honestly think they give a dame about the skunk board or video games for that matter?.

I also just recently saw a Jaguar kiosk go for around 3k on craigslit.

I am a soon to be father. My wife and I just went through the ringer of forking over $800 dollar's on car repairs plus a $900+ and a $300 electric bill ect. We also need to still buy a crib for our daughter diaper's car seat ect. We don't have the time to wait for money to fall from the sky or wait to pay people who we had loan $75 bucks for a tow. Instead I went and sold some FREAKING game's at my local video game retailer. We traded a lot of stuff but it was enough for us to get buy with out spending our savings or not paying bill's

998757_487706884647695_167329615_n.jpg

here's a picture of what we traded in for money that we used for our daughter can also be seen here under AUG,3. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Video-Game-X-Change-Madison/432214016863649

Edited by skaredmask
  • Like 5

I said this stuff to be Blunt not being disrespectful or mean but rather to put thing in prospective. I hate how ever one say's that stuff just stuff but a person's life is more important but I wonder some time's it's like "we have no why to our bills and have no money cause where not willing to sacrifice plastic" and judging by the Ax collection a AA there's money there. You only have one family get ride of the stuff so you can live and take care of that family.

Implied warranty - http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Implied+Warranty

Question - is the use of the Skunkboard 'ordinary use' of the Jaguar? Seems that perhaps the implied warranty extends only to the Jaguar and the Jag CD. The power duo would appear to conform to those standards required by the Jag/JadCD and are at least as good as the original power supplies and is 'fit' for the 'ordinary use' of the Jag/JagCD. Just going by what has been written, it seems like it may be the Skunkboards (at least 1 & 2) that were not quite tolerant enough for something such as the PowerDuo and as the Skunkboard seems to add a functionality outside the ordinary use of the Jag/JagCD, it may not be covered by an implied warranty of merchantability.

Whether or not there is an implied warranty of fitness may be another question, a bit tougher to sort out. However, (again going by what has been written) it seems as though the seller is doing their best to sort out the issue privately and make things right.

Just something to think about.

Edited by mckafka99

skaredmask, mckafka99, I'm going to refer you and anyone else to what Sally said,

"This is my last post on this topic. This thread is for promotion and sales of the power supply while it is available."

Now I have said what I had to say, Goatdan chimed in from left field, Sally (the only one with any real right to reply) replied and she said the above, and with that we all wrapped up our retorts. That is all done.

Like/Dislike/Hate me all you will, but from this point on anything other than talking about the sale of the Jaguar DuoPower 2 in 1 AC Adaptor in this thread is at this point going against what Sally wants in this thread.

Edited by doctorclu

The power duo would appear to conform to those standards required by the Jag/JadCD and are at least as good as the original power supplies and is 'fit' for the 'ordinary use' of the Jag/JagCD. Just going by what has been written, it seems like it may be the Skunkboards (at least 1 & 2) that were not quite tolerant enough for something such as the PowerDuo and as the Skunkboard seems to add a functionality outside the ordinary use of the Jag/JagCD, it may not be covered by an implied warranty of merchantability.

I can't talk on the implied warranty side, but the Skunkboard was designed for and is perfectly tolerant to the power supply specifications of the Jaguar, which is 9VDC input. Skunkboard will tolerate up to 10V. The original PowerDuo exceeded that specification by providing 15VDC, and then assuming that the Jaguar's power regulator would make up the difference. It didn't, and so we had a problem. The revised PowerDuo has its own regulator which means, in theory, it has the potential to be substantially better than the original power supply, as WolfPackMommy stated. You can talk about reality versus theory but the system was being operated out of spec.

Regarding the rest of the issue, I have taken steps to settle it. Nobody should be out anything now.

• Like 4

So a two person transaction is now a four person transaction. interesting...

Really glad that it's seems like it's really getting taking care of.

That's really cool of you tursi for stepping in and taking care of the problem.

Edited by skaredmask
  • Like 1