IGNORED

Princess Rescue in store very soon

Sprybug

I will say I'm a bit surprised to hear that the ROM is being protected. Is that just a temporary thing while the sales are hot or will it never be released? If the latter, it seems a bit odd given AA's big database o' roms that seems to seek to have a comprehensive ROM database for all 2600 games if possible.

I will say I'm a bit surprised to hear that the ROM is being protected. Is that just a temporary thing while the sales are hot or will it never be released? If the latter, it seems a bit odd given AA's big database o' roms that seems to seek to have a comprehensive ROM database for all 2600 games if possible.

The ROM will be released. I have 100 boxes for Princess Rescue on the way. Once those have been sold, the ROM will be made publicly available. I'm going to setup a waiting list for the boxed version soon.

..Al

• Like 2

The ROM will be released. I have 100 boxes for Princess Rescue on the way. Once those have been sold, the ROM will be made publicly available. I'm going to setup a waiting list for the boxed version soon.

..Al

Thanks for the info, Al. You didn't have to do that. (Release the rom or mention it will be available.)

It should be up to the authors and publishers. They created it.

Is Chetiry available? Those 2600 Amiga 3D games?

Sometimes they can be found, and sometimes they can't.

The one rom I have been given, and other developing games I have tested won't be shared from me until the author gives the okay.

Thanks for the info, Al. You didn't have to do that. (Release the rom or mention it will be available.)

It should be up to the authors and publishers. They created it.

Is Chetiry available? Those 2600 Amiga 3D games?

Sometimes they can be found, and sometimes they can't.

The one rom I have been given, and other developing games I have tested won't be shared from me until the author gives the okay.

Don't worry Iesposta, we agreed on it, but thanks for your concern.

• Like 1

..Al

I'll still use my Retrode to back up my bought and paid for copy. But, it's nice that you'd let the ones that inevitably get left out a chance to download and play it on their Harmony.

I appreciate your understanding as a major force in preserving Atari games that individuals need a way to protect their investment.

UPDATE: I meant property when said investment. Respect yourself: respect your property. I grew up with DOS floppy disks. The first thing you did was make a copy and set the originals somewhere safe.

I'll still use my Retrode to back up my bought and paid for copy. But, it's nice that you'd let the ones that inevitably get left out a chance to download and play it on their Harmony.

Nobody is going to be left out. I will continue to sell the game after the boxed copies are gone.

I appreciate your understanding as a major force in preserving Atari games that individuals need a way to protect their investment.

This is not the driving factor in releasing the binary, nor do I consider homebrew games to be an "investment". I would hope that people buy the games to enjoy them, not stash them away on a shelf somewhere in a plastic bag waiting for them to accrue in value.

..Al

• Like 6

Nobody is going to be left out. I will continue to sell the game after the boxed copies are gone.

This is not the driving factor in releasing the binary, nor do I consider homebrew games to be an "investment". I would hope that people buy the games to enjoy them, not stash them away on a shelf somewhere in a plastic bag waiting for them to accrue in value.

..Al

If you wear out your toys you lose. But, fine. Just don't think I enjoy piracy. We're both developers.

If you wear out your toys you lose. But, fine. Just don't think I enjoy piracy. We're both developers.

Since when have you known carts to wear out? Most of my game carts are 20-30 years old and all of them still work with a little TLC. BTW Q-tips and denatured alcohol will do wonders if the contacts get dirty. NES is notorious for blinky screens and such nonsense, but unless the cart has spent the last ten years propping up the crapper lid on a latrine, it's likely that a thorough cleaning will get them operable again. Atari carts are a little tricky due to the fact you need a flat head screwdriver to open the shell. Released ROM or not, I'm gonna be cramming this game cart into my Atari again, and again, and again, and again... Edited by stardust4ever

To protect your property by reducing wear and tear is a personal decision. I mentioned the device to help BrianC put his soon to be purchased copy of Princess Rescue on his Harmony cart. Other people decided to argue about how I use the device. Since BrianC will get his wish I consider the matter closed. I still think Albert went too far by accusing me of promoting piracy.

looks great!! :lust:

i will willingly say that i am going to wait for the ROM release. i'm at the point where i just don't have room for any more physical media (cds, games, movies) when there are alternatives (haven't bought a dvd since i joined netflix, for example). that being said, i would like to be able to donate some $$ to the author, and would also like to suggest that links to donate to our homebrew authors be included in the AA store (on their respective pages) at some point in the future.

...is there an option to play as Luigi?

The FBI is watching this thread closely. Anyone who posted in it is probably going to prison. Oops. Crap!

So is Nintendo. The Big "N" is going to shut down the entire AtariAge site if anyone so much as utters the name "Mario". Oops! :P

I received a sample box today and took some photos:

PrincessRescue_Box_1.jpg

PrincessRescue_Box_2.jpg

PrincessRescue_Box_3.jpg

..Al

I'm drooling now. That box is awesome! How much longer we got to wait? Edited by stardust4ever

Got word from Al that he's working on getting Princess Rescue released this weekend! Be sure to look for an update to the site and the store very soon!

It's been over a week now. Check the following link for potential store updates. I've currently got it set as my homepage so I'll be the first to know when the game arrives in stock:

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=new

Yes, I'm going to have that in the store soon. I don't expect to have the boxes for at least a month.

..Al

Albert, is there any way that we can preorder the box and get the cart + manual now? I really want a CIB copy but I would rather have the cart sooner than later and I don't want to wait an extra month for it. Maybe give us a box-only upgrade option only to those who buy the Cart + manual option.

It's been over a week now. Check the following link for potential store updates. I've currently got it set as my homepage so I'll be the first to know when the game arrives in stock:

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=new

I'm running a bit behind, but I'm still working on this. I'm actually cutting, folding, collating and stapling another batch of manuals right now. I plan on spending time tomorrow to add this to the store, as well as two Jaguar games.

Albert, is there any way that we can preorder the box and get the cart + manual now? I really want a CIB copy but I would rather have the cart sooner than later and I don't want to wait an extra month for it. Maybe give us a box-only upgrade option only to those who buy the Cart + manual option.

While I may add a pre-order option for the boxed copy of the game, I'm unlikely to offer an option to have the cart and manual sent out early, with the box sent out later. That's a fair bit of extra work and organization on my part, so I'd like to keep things simpler (and as it is, I will be offering two flavors of the game, with the box and without).

..Al

Where is Princess Rescue?

I'm working on it. :)

Cartridges drying after being cleaned:

pr_work_1.jpg

Labels for over 100 carts:

pr_work_2.jpg

Manuals:

pr_work_3.jpg

Over 100 boards waiting to be assembled into carts!

pr_work_4.jpg

New matte board that I purchased as a background for taking photos:

pr_work_5.jpg

Soon! Thanks for your patience. :)

..Al

• Like 4