IGNORED

Older Intelligentvision titles becoming available soon

Correct. I am only making these available to those that missed them the first time. I am hoping that those that already have them are satisfied. I do not have the energy or desire to sell games as a business; just a hobby. Shipping and packing is no fun. I am having fun programming and messing around with games that I loved from the 80's. Reinventing BT was fun. Making Tennis a one player was a dream come true.

That's cool. New Intv collectors, will enjoy the games. Is there a cutoff for the For the new buyers to buy, . If there is any stock left, that the rest of us can get a copy or left overs. If had a choice, and get one game then , either it will be KOTM or another Super Nfl game for the Ecs. That's very cool about you are doing new games for the Intv. Looking forward to the new releases also. Edited by atari5200dude82
  • Like 1

Just so everyone is clear on those of us owning multiple copies of homebrews, particularly the ones David released in the past year or two....these were available for MONTHS in some cases and I went back to David and bought more copies after he was still sitting on unsold stock more in an effort to help ensure he sold enough copies to justify making whatever the next planned game was, not so that I could make a ton of profit of of selling them, although that would be my right to do so if I so chose.

If it wasn't for a number of us buying multiple copies of these games and supporting the homebrewers' early efforts those of you coming into collecting for the INTV now might not have the selection of games to choose from that you do.

I currently have ten copies of D2K, for no other reason than I know Willy still has lots of copies to sell and I'd like him to have enough cash to pay for the production of his next game(s). The same holds true for D1K and Minehunter j believe. Some of you may want to consider doing the same if you can afford to. :)

That said, I don't like the implication that a few of us quickly grabbed all the available copies to the detriment of others. As I recall basically all you had to do was get on David's Intellivision.us mailing list to ensure you could buy these games the first time around. David could speak to this better than I but I don't believe most of the titles "sold out" so much as after a certain period of time he was ready to move on to the next title(s) and stopped actively selling the previous game. The fact that he's now selling more copies of these would support that assertion.

These guys are taking a big financial risk in some cases to ensure we get to have new games for our beloved 30 year old system and I for one will likely continue to make a significant contribution to those efforts by buying more than one copy of these games, and yes, they may one day be great trade bait. :)

/pseudo rant over

• Like 8

If it wasn't for a number of us buying multiple copies of these games and supporting the homebrewers' early efforts those of you coming into collecting for the INTV now might not have the selection of games to choose from that you do.

That said, I don't like the implication that a few of us quickly grabbed all the available copies to the detriment of others. As I recall basically all you had to do was get on David's Intellivision.us mailing list to ensure you could buy these games the first time around. David could speak to this better than I but I don't believe most of the titles "sold out" so much as after a certain period of time he was ready to move on to the next title(s) and stopped actively selling the previous game. The fact that he's now selling more copies of these would support that assertion.

In my case, it did/does not matter how many games I sold/sell. When I started Intelligentvision with Chris and Roger, our plan was always to release the games I released in 2011 and 2012. It just took some time for me to build the right team to get them out. Those titles would have been produced even at a loss if need be as I wanted them for myself and friends. You can see this with me having the lowest selling price and highest production cost (Electronite published their cost in another thread).

If I was a new collector to the scene, I would be grateful to other making the games available. I can tell you this from experience as I remember when I was trying to get an Intellicart. I paid premium for it and was happy to get what I wanted. The hunt for the item and trying to get it at a reasonable price is part of collecting. I do not understand why sellers are out here justifying themselves.

I always find it interesting that people are out here talking about not getting games when, generally, all they had to do was email me. I will admit, since Choplifter shipped, I attempted to be a recluse but the wife keeps pulling me back in. Maybe I need to get divorced.

The reason i buy multiple copies of games is because i have hoarding tendencies. Yeah, selling them from time to time is cool to get some more money..........that i in turn use to buy more games!

for the record, if i ever sell a homebrew, i start it out at like a dollar and let the highest bidder win it for what they are willing to pay.

On the homebrews of the last few years most people had time to get them.

Although there is always new collectors arriving on the scene, so its nice for them to get these games at a good price.

And after the new guys get there games, i want to buy some more. If david lets me. :-)

Should I (we) have gotten any kind of email response, after contacting you through your site with what games I want? I did that a few days ago, but haven't seen any kind of response and didn't know if I even should have seen something.

Thanks.

Should I (we) have gotten any kind of email response, after contacting you through your site with what games I want? I did that a few days ago, but haven't seen any kind of response and didn't know if I even should have seen something.

I will be emailing response in the next few weeks after I get everything organized. I hope to be able to offer the games to everyone that showed interest in the next month. I still have work to do.

So while we are talking about buying multiple copies of homebrews, I suppose I'll chip in. I was late to the Intellivision homebrew scene in the sense that I missed out on the original 4 (Samegame&Robots, Minehunter, 4-Tris, and Stonix). I missed out on Space Patrol. I missed out on League of Light and Robot Rubble. I missed out on the Orphan Overlays. I never knew these games as "cheap" or even "available". Slowly but surely I have been picking them up, but I still don't have most of them. Voltron was kind enough to hook me up with Stonix, which I desperately wanted. Space Patrol and Minehunter were re-released at affordable prices. I paid $175 for a sealed set of Series 3 Orphan Overlays. I had the chance to buy a CC3 for $150, but I waited too long and missed out.

When I joined this forum and learned of the homebrew scene, the onslaught of Intelligentvision games was already underway. Adventures of Tron, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Donkey Kong, and Yogi were already sold out. I contacted David about ordering Samegame & Robots and possibly Spina the Bee and asked him about the sold out games. He graciously found me a copy of Yogi's Frustration, so I ordered that and Samegame & Robots. I eventually found the other three on eBay. Since then I have been ordering 2 of almost all of his games. When I bought these I had no idea that their values would skyrocket. My original intent was to keep one copy to play and one to display. Once I realized that the values were climbing, I briefly considered selling my copies, but I never did. I'm sticking to my original plan. I suppose if I ever really need the money or if I have a great opportunity to trade for the games I'm missing for my 125, I might consider letting some go.

As far as price goes, all I have to say is this: If Rocky & Bullwinkle is still a $50 game, then Spiker is still a $20 game.

As far as value goes, all I have to say is this: These games are priceless to me.

There are a ton of newer games available for the Intellivision right now at great prices from multiple sources. Intelligentvision, Elektronite, Left Turn Only, Microlabs, Impossible Things, Groovy Bee, dZ-Jay, Catsfolly, Carl Mueller Jr, Arnauld Chevallier.....this list goes on and on. There are a lot of people currently putting a ton of time and hard work into making these games available to us. This is the golden age of Intellivision Homebrewiness. Enjoy it while you can, because it won't always be this way.

• Like 3

I understand the constant complain of missing games can sound bad.

But, actually, I only blame myself for arriving late to the intellivision or for not beeing aware of hombrew sites when I started to collect.

Oh, and I'm not assuming you [cmart] wrote as a direct answer to me but to the general "I lost some games" combined to "some guys bought games and now is selling them for profit" idea.

I'd like to clarify some posts I've done here and possibly in other threads.

I don't buy overpriced "sold out" games.

That's not because I don't like what the seller is doing. The owner of a product does what he wants.

That's because I don't have the money to pay for all the overpriced games + new homebrews I collect (Atari 2600, 7800, Colecovision and Intellivision) Even putting Intellivision in first place ;).

I only buy one homebrew copy.

That's because I'm still much more a gamer than a collector and I can't leave a game sealed. I must open my games and play all of them.

I opened the Atari 2600 Good Luck Charlie Brown! I even opened Rev's Bubble Gum with trading carts, I took the 30 years old gum and...

I understand who buys many copies of a game. Actually [i would love to visit a great Intellivision collection which must be build with many games.]

Usually I don't sell my games.

That's because I like them and I don't see my hobby as a good way to fund anything, not even to fund itself.

But if I would sell some games, I would like to ask the higher I can get :-D.

It doesn't mean I don't like seeing people selling his games on ebay or elsewhere.

Of course not! If it's not overpriced, I can buy it. If it is, I pass but don't judge in any way.

If it's one of the rarest (overpriced games) from the 125 original games... Oh boy, I'm going to bite it soon or later.

Edited by Liduario

I hope everyone got on board with groovy's Rocketeer.......how long before a 40$ cart release turns into 125 or more on ebay?

I NEVER thought that yogi or rocky would ever sell for that much....i thought maybe in 3 or 4 years. I dont know how many copies were sold but i bet it was a couple hundred.

" You can see this with me having the lowest selling price and highest production cost (Electronite published their cost in another thread)."

LOL........maybe I should use used shells, not bother with paying the programmers, forget about shrinkwrapping and gatefolds, get rid of the hologram stickers, so I can make even more....right.....that's the ticket...

Ah, come on, i hope this thread dont turn into an arguement thread.

It was getting very informative and interesting.

Maybe david really does the highest production costs. Only he knows.

We are getting way off topic.

Willy, you should make a trade....some elektronite games for some intelligentvision games.

It would be an epic trade between professionals! :-)

" You can see this with me having the lowest selling price and highest production cost (Electronite published their cost in another thread)."

LOL........maybe I should use used shells, not bother with paying the programmers, forget about shrinkwrapping and gatefolds, get rid of the hologram stickers, so I can make even more....right.....that's the ticket...

Are you not proud to say you are running a business? And a very profitable business at that. Revel in your success. I wish I had the energy to do what you do. I love you man. Thanks for keeping the Intellivision alive.

Oh stop! You know you have a great wife!!!!!!!! (Keep him on task Mrs Dave!)....lol...

Yep, we like your wife Dave, we're her biggest fans. :) Thanks to you for getting back on the horse and making more cool stuff for us to play. I'm really looking forward to playing tons of levels on Super Chef, and losing to the computer on Tennis. :)

If I might indulge myself for a second, I'd love to see you do the same for Nightstalker, with a bunch more mazes. Just sayin. :)

@Liduario - my comments certainly weren't directed at you, or anyone in particular, I was just saying my piece. You know I'm a big fan of yours. :)

I wont start a flame ware here, I just want to mention one thing. Some people said that the games were available for weeks or month and so you had to take several copies to help the publisher. I totally agree to that fact, like I said in my first post to this topic: If there werent people who are buying many copies, it may become hard to release new Intellivision games. So that is the point I have to say thank you to you guys.

On ther other side, there is a huge advertisement problem. I know that there are many collectors out there, who just never hear of new homebrews. That is the reason why I announce new release on my german community, because its the only way to spread the word. Like I mentioned in another thread, I found my first Elektronite game on Ebay and just after that I hat a glue were to look for homebrew releases. From now on its easy for me to buy every new release, which I surely do, but its more coincedence that I am in that position right now.

Oh, dont get me wrong: I never would tell the publishers or developers to make some noice about new releases, I would prefer if users who are members in several communities would do this job. Unfortunately my other community is not much interessted in the Intellivision (I really try to change that, but its a hard job), but at least I give them the information they need to buy the games from the developer.

Are you not proud to say you are running a business? And a very profitable business at that. Revel in your success. I wish I had the energy to do what you do. I love you man. Thanks for keeping the Intellivision alive.

I've actually read him saying that right now, it is NOT "very profitable", though maybe that's changed since I read it. I can't imagine it's that great a moneymaker at this point, as the market is somewhat limited, compared to the man hours and money that goes into it.

As for myself, I started late to Intellivision and wasn't even going to bother with homebrews, but have come to realize they're important as well, along with supporting the dedicated people still creating games for Intellivision. And though I haven't gotten all the current ones yet (Christmas Carol.... ) I'm trying, and it's tough, especially after spending so much towards the original 125. I would never consider paying the inflated eBay prices for any of them; I'm not that desperate to complete the homebrews. However, I'm thankful these old ones are being made available again, and will happily buy them.

Some people said that the games were available for weeks or month and so you had to take several copies to help the publisher. I totally agree to that fact, like I said in my first post to this topic: If there werent people who are buying many copies, it may become hard to release new Intellivision games. So that is the point I have to say thank you to you guys.

I do not agree to this fact of buyers having to purchase more than one copy. As a publisher, I have never had to sell more than one copy to continue producing games. I just had to estimate well how many I think would sell. If I made 1000 copies and only sold 100, then I would definitely lose money. There is a balancing act to producing games. But making money or losing money is not the point anyways, it is all about sharing our love of the games.

After finishing working on Choplifter, I wanted to be done with producing games. After releasing 17 titles CIB and Electronite coming on to the scene, it was time to hand the torch over to someone else and go back to having fun with the games. Why am I back? The wife was watching me play with my updated version of Burgertime and my updated version of Tennis and asked me if I was going to share them. My answer was no...no...no...and again...no. I have no desire to produce games. It got to the point where I understood what the wife was trying to say when she said "you really need to share these games". I guess this is a free ticket to play the games as much as I want and say "I am testing them" :)

Ignorama, I do not know how you could not have found the homebrew scene. Searching for "intellivision homebrew" in google would have taken you to Intellivision World or IntvFunhouse. I have been making games since 2004. It should not be that hard to find the Intellivision homebrew scene.

• Like 1

I've actually read him saying that right now, it is NOT "very profitable", though maybe that's changed since I read it. I can't imagine it's that great a moneymaker at this point, as the market is somewhat limited, compared to the man hours and money that goes into it.

At $70 a pop, how could it not be profitable? (hahahahahaha) Maybe you hit the nail on the head. This may be the difference between a business and a hobby. I am not concerned with a return on investment or personal time.

Do not underestimate GamesForYourIntellivision. He is a very shrewd businessman (meant as a compliment). I am sure they will be producing games for many years to come.

Ignorama, I do not know how you could not have found the homebrew scene. Searching for "intellivision homebrew" in google would have taken you to Intellivision World or IntvFunhouse. I have been making games since 2004. It should not be that hard to find the Intellivision homebrew scene.

I am 25 years old, I bought my Intellivision in 2009 or 2010 I guess. To tell the truth, I never had heard of homebrews. Now its hard to believe, but two years ago I didnt had any idea that there are people who are releasing new games for old consoles, because on my first community no one cared for them and so no one shared its knowledge about that. So I know from my past that its not that easy to find the scene, because if you dont know what to type in on Google, its hard to find anything :)

I am 25 years old, I bought my Intellivision in 2009 or 2010 I guess. To tell the truth, I never had heard of homebrews. Now its hard to believe, but two years ago I didnt had any idea that there are people who are releasing new games for old consoles, because on my first community no one cared for them and so no one shared its knowledge about that. So I know from my past that its not that easy to find the scene, because if you dont know what to type in on Google, its hard to find anything :)

True...true...

It is awesome to see such young people enjoying the Intellivision!!! I am surprised you are not more interested in the newer games IP is releasing. What draws you to these older consoles? I think most of us love them because we grew up playing them. At least, that is my case.

At $70 a pop, how could it not be profitable? (hahahahahaha) Maybe you hit the nail on the head. This may be the difference between a business and a hobby. I am not concerned with a return on investment or personal time.

Do not underestimate GamesForYourIntellivision. He is a very shrewd businessman (meant as a compliment). I am sure they will be producing games for many years to come.

A few thoughts to add:

I hope that BOTH of you are making some money on your ventures as well you should. You're both putting out a professional product that many people love. It's not a sin to profit from something that you enjoy. In fact, I still remember a quote from an old tv commercial that said, "Life is making your passion, your paycheck." If you can make a living (or enhance your living) producing Intellivision games ... I don't think that ANYONE here should complain. Thanks to you both for following your dreams for we are reaping the benefits.

As to resellers profiting from homebrews, I don't have a major problem with it. On the last ordering, I bought two copies of Choplifter and Scarfinger, both extras originally for trading purposes KNOWING that their value would be more than the $50 that I paid. One, I traded for Rocky (the only recent one that I missed) and the other I ended up selling for a profit. Maybe this doesn't make me a saint, but it does help to justify the money that I'm spending on my hobby when I can make it as cash neutral as possible.

Finally, if you missed out originally, you only have yourself to blame. Like JasonlikeINTV, I missed out on the early releases. My fault, I wasn't collecting yet ... so if I really want those games, I have to pony up and pay extra for them.