IGNORED

Upcoming Homebrews - Box Tease

Albert

I'm waiting on the boxes to arrive before selling Space Rocks, but I also need to build up a sufficient stock of Melody boards. Once those two pieces are in place, I will start selling Space Rocks. Seaweed Assault may go on sale at the same time.

If you're interested in a boxed copy of Princess Rescue, I would order it sooner than later, though, as they will be gone in a few days (and I have yet to actively promote Princess Rescue outside of this one thread on AtariAge!)

..Al person

So no dice on the Chetiry boxes? :)

FYI, if you didn't get a copy of boxed Princess rescue, it is gone now.

So no dice on the Chetiry boxes? :)

No Idea, but that boxart would look fantastic on a shelf!

BTW, those Jag games look sweet. Too bad I don't own a Jag or I would buy them.

Edited by stardust4ever

I cant wait to see the rest of that Blinky Goes Up artwork. Looks classy. Was there a label contest for that one?

There was no label contest, I wanted to do all the artwork by myself. If you like you can get another peek of the box at Blinky's website:

http://lov3machine.com/blinky

Please tell me you used the Dpad and not the analog stick. I have found that the physics in Princess Rescue have a bit of a learning curve because you are expecting the physics to be like Super Mario and they are not. For instance, when jumping in Super Mario Brothers, the height of the jump is determined by how long you press the "A" button. Mario can jump up to 4 bricks high, or 5 while running. In Princess Rescue, Mario always jumps to the same height, whether you hold down the button or lightly tap it. Mario's jump is not a parabolic arc either. The left/right acceleration is also different. Once you stop expecting him to move exactly like he does in the NES version, you can relearn the Atari mechanics, and then the game becomes much easier. A lot of sacrifices had to be made to create this game, and the idea was to create a fun and playable "Mario" clone, not an exact port. I'd say Sprybug succeeded in his goal! ;)

"Blinky goes up" is a platform game with Mario-like physics. See here for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygvg2SiIvXk

You can download the ROM images for free on Blinky's website (see link above).

Edited by Jan Hermanns
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...