IGNORED

New game for Intellivision: Hover Bovver

Thanks for the kind offer but unfortunately I'll have to decline. I have quite a few machines ahead of the Aquarius in my "must do something for" list.

Of course we wouldn't want to steal you from the other machines like the Inty and Atari 7800 :-D But at the rate you are producing these games, this "must do something for" list could reach the name Aquarius in a not to distant future ;) Edited by Aquaman
  • Like 1

I say we push forward with writing BASIC games and converting them to cart. That's something that normal Aquarius users can do now without begging brilliant developers like GroovyBee. :)

Please note I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone other than myself. I just offered to give the bloke a free Aquarius :P

• Like 2

I say we push forward with writing BASIC games and converting them to cart. That's something that normal Aquarius users can do now without begging brilliant developers like GroovyBee. :)

You are right and of course we have our own magician Jay :)
  • Like 2

Great to see a quirky Llamasoft classic making its debut on the Intellivision! I still don't know how you manage to do such prolific work on so many different systems, GroovyBee. I'm especially impressed by it since I started doing my own projects—which, despite my best efforts, always seem to progress about as quickly as a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. Congratulations, and I'll be picking this one up for sure!

(As for the Aquarius ... not to take this off-topic, but if any aspiring Aquarius programmers want to get started on their own BASIC games, as theloon suggests, there's no reason to wait! We've got the Virtual Aquarius emulator, we've got Martin's conversion tool for creating cartridge images, and I've got everything needed to publish the games on real cartridges for anyone who's interested. I'd eventually like to set up a little Aquarius publishing operation similar to Atari's APX, and to bring out a few games of my own, but that's a story for another thread.)

• Like 5

Of course we wouldn't want to steal you from the other machines like the Inty and Atari 7800 :-D But at the rate you are producing these games, this "must do something for" list could reach the name Aquarius in a not to distant future ;)

The main problem for me is that I pick a machine to do a project on and then while working on that project I'll get other project ideas to do on the same machine.

• Like 2

I'm not familiar with the speed of the machine's built in BASIC but you might want to start in BASIC and then move parts of the code over to assembler (for speed) as your project progresses.

• Like 2

Great to see a quirky Llamasoft classic making its debut on the Intellivision! I still don't know how you manage to do such prolific work on so many different systems, GroovyBee. I'm especially impressed by it since I started doing my own projects—which, despite my best efforts, always seem to progress about as quickly as a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. Congratulations, and I'll be picking this one up for sure!

Not all projects make equal progress. Some days a project can romp on and other days... well... not so much ;). Working in teams helps quite a bit too. You end up getting the best out of one another and you get tons more ideas on the directions things can go in, new project ideas and plenty of testing as well.

(As for the Aquarius ... not to take this off-topic, but if any aspiring Aquarius programmers want to get started on their own BASIC games, as theloon suggests, there's no reason to wait! We've got the Virtual Aquarius emulator, we've got Martin's conversion tool for creating cartridge images, and I've got everything needed to publish the games on real cartridges for anyone who's interested. I'd eventually like to set up a little Aquarius publishing operation similar to Atari's APX, and to bring out a few games of my own, but that's a story for another thread.)

Its good to see the Aquarius homebrew scene gaining some ground. Although I'm not an owner of the machine its always fun to see other peoples projects and to hear about their trials, triumphs and war stories.

• Like 1

The main problem for me is that I pick a machine to do a project on and then while working on that project I'll get other project ideas to do on the same machine.

You just keep those Inty ideas flowing and we'll keep buying them. :)

• Like 2

I'm not familiar with the speed of the machine's built in BASIC but you might want to start in BASIC and then move parts of the code over to assembler (for speed) as your project progresses.

This is exactly what I am trying to do. Not exactly due to speed reasons, but more to make use of the sound and controller capablities of the mini-expander.

. I'd eventually like to set up a little Aquarius publishing operation similar to Atari's APX, and to bring out a few games of my own, but that's a story for another thread.)

Isn't opening a webshop on Ebay not easier or does this involve a lot of costs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mystery Musician has done a brilliant job on the title page and intro sequence music. The Inty's rendition of an English Country Garden (as used in the original A8/C64 game) fits the game very well. There are a few loose ends to tie up and a couple of bugs to fix before I can put out a new gifeo.

• Like 3