IGNORED

Atari Air Raid FOUND!

CECtech

Hey Everyone,

Just want to let everyone know that another Air Raid cart from Atari 2600 has been found. After watching a youtube vid about one that was sold for 30k, I remember seeing one in a box with an atari 2600 that my wife has had since she was a kid. Long story short, I remember that game because of the odd shape of the cartridge and no name on the label. We found the box and viola, there it was. I don't have the box or the manual however.

I'm currently waiting on the 2600 i bought off of ebay so I can test it. I was wondering how many are known to exist???? seems like you guys are the experts on the 2600 around here.

Here's a short vid on the cart, it's horrible I know, I'll update when I get the 2600 in for testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V6dp0sB5Tc

Hey Everyone,

Just want to let everyone know that another Air Raid cart from Atari 2600 has been found. After watching a youtube vid about one that was sold for 30k, I remember seeing one in a box with an atari 2600 that my wife has had since she was a kid. Long story short, I remember that game because of the odd shape of the cartridge and no name on the label. We found the box and viola, there it was. I don't have the box or the manual however.

I'm currently waiting on the 2600 i bought off of ebay so I can test it. I was wondering how many are known to exist???? seems like you guys are the experts on the 2600 around here.

Here's a short vid on the cart, it's horrible I know, I'll update when I get the 2600 in for testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V6dp0sB5Tc

There are two or three with boxes known and 20 or so loose ones known to exist. Congrats!

just a small heads up, next time you take the game out of your atari, please pull it by the handle, and not the cart-body itself, thus pressing hard with your fingers on the actual label.... ouch.....

Edited by Kulp

just a small heads up, next time you take the game out of your atari, please pull it by the handle, and not the cart-body itself, thus pressing hard with your fingers on the actual label.... ouch.....

Thanks for the advice, does make sense. I could use that awesome T-handle it came with. I guess there was some forward thinking there. lol

Hey Everyone,

Just want to let everyone know that another Air Raid cart from Atari 2600 has been found.

Congrats on an incredible holy grail find!

You asked how many owners are out there , here at atari age there is a rarity guide section that keeps track of the rarest games and who the owners are ( thank you homerwannabe !).

Here is the latest listing for air raid ( I am #4 on the list below)

1. Rick Weiss: cart (Got his from Pitfall Harry)

2. Anonymous(Possibly Deusxmachina?): cart (Got his form Wonder007 who got his off Ebay)

3. Sylabyss:cart (Got his off Ebay)

4. Atari2600lives:cart (Got his from Wonder007, who got his form Neoneon)

5. Jeffgamer:cart (Got his off Ebay)

6. Jimk: cart (Got his off Ebay)

7. School_girl_in_a_short_dress:cart (Got his from Kidsconnection)

8. Jerry G.: cart

9. SWTMascot: cart (Parents probably got it from a local store in Texas.)

10. Boognish523: cart

11. DeusExMachina:cart (Got from HollowBeers who got his from Craigslisting in Comfort, Texas, who got his in the mid 80's, which was left in storage for over 20 years)

12. Atomicspacejunk: Cart

13. Wonder007: cart,box, tray, and inner box surrounding tray. (Got his from Tanman, who got his from a close out store in Arlington Texas back in the 80's)

14. Decypher: cart (Got from Yawatuc/Anthony2187356 off Ebay)

15. Newdrum: cart (Got from a yard sale in Nashville, Tennessee)

Here is the original thread link

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/105059-i-am-updating-the-air-raid-registry/page__st__50

Edited by Atari2600Lives

Congrats on an incredible holy grail find!

You asked how many owners are out there , here at atari age there is a rarity guide section that keeps track of the rarest games and who the owners are ( thank you homerwannabe !).

Here is the latest listing for air raid ( I am #4 on the list below)

1. Rick Weiss: cart (Got his from Pitfall Harry)

2. Anonymous(Possibly Deusxmachina?): cart (Got his form Wonder007 who got his off Ebay)

3. Sylabyss:cart (Got his off Ebay)

4. Atari2600lives:cart (Got his from Wonder007, who got his form Neoneon)

5. Jeffgamer:cart (Got his off Ebay)

6. Jimk: cart (Got his off Ebay)

7. School_girl_in_a_short_dress:cart (Got his from Kidsconnection)

8. Jerry G.: cart

9. SWTMascot: cart (Parents probably got it from a local store in Texas.)

10. Boognish523: cart

11. DeusExMachina:cart (Got from HollowBeers who got his from Craigslisting in Comfort, Texas, who got his in the mid 80's, which was left in storage for over 20 years)

12. Atomicspacejunk: Cart

13. Wonder007: cart,box, tray, and inner box surrounding tray. (Got his from Tanman, who got his from a close out store in Arlington Texas back in the 80's)

14. Decypher: cart (Got from Yawatuc/Anthony2187356 off Ebay)

15. Newdrum: cart (Got from a yard sale in Nashville, Tennessee)

Here is the original thread link

http://atariage.com/...ry/page__st__50

So, ten more to go...

So then, should the list be updated to mention the one in this thread, the one rareearthgames is selling, the one somebody missed for $350, the one with the manual that the drugstore guy had in a display case that Wonder also got, and the third boxed copy that sold on EBay recently that was part of a huge Atari collection from a storage facility and which may be original source of how the game is known to named Air Raid (the one that popped up at the same time as the CIB drugstore copy)?

• Like 1

So then, should the list be updated to mention the one in this thread, the one rareearthgames is selling, the one somebody missed for $350, the one with the manual that the drugstore guy had in a display case that Wonder also got, and the third boxed copy that sold on EBay recently that was part of a huge Atari collection from a storage facility and which may be original source of how the game is known to named Air Raid (the one that popped up at the same time as the CIB drugstore copy)?

There was a third boxed copy? How did I miss that eBay auction!

Sure , feel free to go to the thread and list it out if you can trace the owner, the thread exist because of contributors from this forum , however the one someone missed without name would be difficult to list .

So rareearthgamesc, we should wait for sale

" the one someone missed" unlistable

Wonder certainly should be added

If you know who purchased the 3rd box one you mention certainly

I own a loose Air raid for last 2 years. it was a find in wild so its another for the list. I just never bothered to add name to list

That sounds cool. You should add it to the list .

Edited by Atari2600Lives

1. The list posted above is outdated. Alot has changed since it was last updated.

2. Wonder doesn't own #13 anymore.

3. Wonder owns the only known CIB copy and that is not on the list.

4. Rick's cartridge and box are not on the list.

5. At least two cartridges that have been verified with pictures have surfaced.

6. The Air Raid on rareearthgames.com is not not the "missed" $350 Air Raid. The Air Raid on rareearthgames.com has been listed on that site for more than 6 months....long before the "missed" $350 Air Raid thread was even started.

7. In my opinion, the "missed" $350 Air Raid has not been verified or authenticated. The only photo that the owner could produce was a picture taken from the internet. The picture include cartridge #11 which belongs to me. #11 was placed in a custom wooden and glass box by the previous owner. If you hold the box in your hand, it is easy to see how to open it without breaking the glass. I don't doubt the the wife of the person who posted the thread saw what she believed to be an Air Raid. However, without photographic evidence, a very big question mark remains.

Air Raid is not the only T-handle Atari 2600 cartridge.

post-10701-0-65767600-1370089974_thumb.jpg

And let's not forget this one that was created with a piece of PVC pipe and paint...all it needed was a bit of blue...

post-10701-0-80712800-1370090001.jpg