IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

I just recently started checking out N.age, even their members are bummed/pissed about this. And yeah, their ripping up deemar over there too. :lolblue: As far as not knowing what the game was.....what the hell dude, how far are you under that rock you live?? :dunce:

Really? I can't find any posts on it. Link? Would love to read up and offer my 2 cents if I can.

• Like 1

I did a YouTube video about the game and it got a "matched third-party content" thing. Of course, so did my Yoshi's Island for the SNES video...

I wonder if there's a big crack down going on under the shadows lately. My "My Little Ghostie" Episode 2 (and not 1 for some reason) animated video on youtube got blocked today by a copyright claim, when my video is clearly a parody/remix.

• Like 1

More greedy corporate bs. Same reason Activision roms are not available here. It's understandable these companies trying to protect their copyright, but giving crap to a handfull of hobbyists will have no effect on their new game for their new system, or their "greatst hits" app. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

I would say that the use of the Mario sprite and the music were the biggest no-no's. Frankly, if given the choice, I'd rather have the ROM that looked/sounded like Mario than something that didn't and was sold on a cart.

Well as I said before I started this project just to make a SMB game for the Atari 2600 that I wasn't intend on selling, but then the chips landed where they fell and things ended up where they did. Zippy on the other hand is kind of in the same vain but I knew from the start that this was going to end up being a game available for purchase since PR did so well. I'll be sure to have a talk with Al about how we should handle this game before it's finished and is available.

• Like 1

Well as I said before I started this project just to make a SMB game for the Atari 2600 that I wasn't intend on selling, but then the chips landed where they fell and things ended up where they did. Zippy on the other hand is kind of in the same vain but I knew from the start that this was going to end up being a game available for purchase since PR did so well. I'll be sure to have a talk with Al about how we should handle this game before it's finished and is available.

I sure hope Sega doesn't rain on your parade like Nintendon't did, LOL!!! I'd just continue as you've been doing and release Zippy as planned when you're done with it.

I just wanted to share my sympathy with you Sprybug. This is a needlessly soiled end to what was a great and inspired project.

I understand that these big companies must chase infringement at all times so that a legal precedent of turning a blind eye isn't set but it's still really, really shitty. This is why I have given up on modern gaming in general. I'm tired of the bland, beige and conservative corporate stuff. I actually want to play games that are made by people having fun with the creative process. I don't know, it just causes me to enjoy the game more... call me crazy.

I'm sorry Spry. I wish we lived in a more trusting world. :(

*Melodrama ends...* :P

• Like 1

I can tell you that SEGA is more crazy about this. I had to remove several videos from my YouTube Channel, because of the copyright infringement stuff. So changing the game at an early stage like this would be a better choice IMO.

what kind of videos were they? just curious because I know YouTube is far more crazy about copyright stuff as they don't want to be sued. At a guess, I'd say it's more likely it was YouTube that removed your videos and not Sega asking for them to be removed.

that sucks that nintendo did that, I would tell them to look under copyright laws under parody and the fair use rule.

wonder if sega will go after your soinc clone when its done

glad I got the rom princess rescue on my harmony

Having some experience with Sega, and some people who've discussed things with Sega, they won't endorse anything, but they certainly will turn a blind eye, unless you're blatantly stealing/pirating their stuff. If you use similar graphics and called it Honic the Sedgehog, they wouldn't care.