IGNORED

Questions about the Neo Geo MVS "multicart"

I've got my eye on this maybe sometime in the future:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FNEW-120n1-NeoGeo-Cartridgearcade-neo-geo-video-mame-multicade-iCade-jamma-60n1-%2F300913609879

A few questions:

1) Is this a good one to get, or is it better to hold out for a "161 in 1"?

2) I would be playing this on an AES system with a "Phantom 1" converter. My Neo Geo was "MODDED" with BIOS back in 2006. Will the BIOS cheats work on the games on this Multicart?

3) Why in the heck are all the multicarts MVS?? Why don't they have an AES Multicart??

Any other information/discussion/thoughts on Neo Geo Multicarts would be appreciated. Pros, cons, etc.?

You can get a multi cart online from it's maker for like 90 bucks. Don't bother getting them on ebay. They always go for far more than they are worth. The 161 in 1 in by far the best that I've seen, and you won't have any weird graphical or audio quibbles like some of the others.

The 138-in-1 seems to have the most unique games, but it has a daughter board that goes on the jamma connector of an mvs.

A lot of the 1xx-in-1 carts are good in some way (having games others don't).

Windjammers, galaxy fight, and waku waku 7 & art of fighting 3 are sadly missing from all that I've seen.

There is an AES coversion of the 161-in-1 but I don't believe it's for sale anywhere at the moment.

As for bios, I've seen a lot of trouble with cheats on the multi-cart with my unibios and I'd assume that's what you're using.

Edited by Reaperman

As for bios, I've seen a lot of trouble with cheats on the multi-cart with my unibios and I'd assume that's what you're using.

What problems have you been having? I haven't encountered any issues with the 161-in-1 cart on my Omega MVS. Are you running the latest Unibios? Older versions did have issues with the cheat system.

What problems have you been having? I haven't encountered any issues with the 161-in-1 cart on my Omega MVS. Are you running the latest Unibios? Older versions did have issues with the cheat system.

Current version unibios (on omega as well for that matter) with 100-in-1 mvs cart.

Just today I couldn't get any cheats working in neo bomber man. maybe it varies by game on those multi-carts, or maybe the 100-in-1 doesn't behave quite like the newer ones. Game worked fine, but none of the activated cheats did a thing.

Edited by Reaperman

Current version unibios (on omega as well for that matter) with 100-in-1 mvs cart.

Just today I couldn't get any cheats working in neo bomber man. maybe it varies by game on those multi-carts, or maybe the 100-in-1 doesn't behave quite like the newer ones. Game worked fine, but none of the activated cheats did a thing.

I've never owned the 100 cart. I've only had the 111 and 161. It's very possible there's something different with the 100 that causes problems.

That's probably the case. I do know that many of the ___ in 1 carts have varrying issues. 161 in 1 is the one that no one seems to have any issues with.

There is one problem with it. Aero Fighters 3 is unplayable, due to game breaking bugs. This problem also occurs on the AES conversion.

There is one problem with it. Aero Fighters 3 is unplayable, due to game breaking bugs. This problem also occurs on the AES conversion.

Good to know, thanks man! Hadn't tried that title yet. I've tried a couple dozen, and never heard any complaints.

I went back and tried some more. It seems to be a bit hit-and-miss depending on game. In all cases the game is identified correctly, and many games the cheats run. I guess it may depend on the specific title and what had to happen to get it into my 100-in-1.

One big negative of the multicarts is that they default to difficulty 8 instead of 4.

So that $25k fake aero fighters 3 games didn't even work right? damn...

Edited by Reaperman

So that $25k fake aero fighters 3 games didn't even work right? damn...

The fake Aero Fighters 3 cart was likely just a Sonic Wings 3 cart (possibly a clone) with a AF3 label. Since SW3 works fine, so would the fake cart.

The problem with the multicart is likely caused by a bad rom.

One of these days, someone will hopefully release an MVS flashcart. Would be nice to flip through all my titles on the cabinet without having to sort through all the garbage hacks that're always added to the multicarts simply to fill out the number count.