IGNORED

sinistar for atari 7800

vacuumnoise

I WOULD EVEN INVEST MONEY OUT OF MY OWN POCKET FOR THE BOSCONIAN PROJECT IF THAT WOULD CONVINCE PMP, groovyb or any of the programmers here................Bosconian is worth the time and effort

Really? :ponder:

How about a starting proposal bid? $10,000 seems fair. If you really want to talk attraction and dedication to it, than $15,000-$25,000.

You could get a really "nice" programmer, who maybe wants to do this game and loves and understands the system, you might luck out with offering $5000...Upfront of course. :)

Come forward with something like that, and you may very well have more than a few willing to start porting it. Otherwise... http://atariage.com/...-idea-peddlers/ ;)

Really? :ponder:

How about a starting proposal bid? $10,000 seems fair. If you really want to talk attraction and dedication to it, than $15,000-$25,000.

You could get a really "nice" programmer, who maybe wants to do this game and loves and understands the system, you might luck out with offering $5000...Upfront of course. :)

Come forward with something like that, and you may very well have more than a few willing to start porting it. Otherwise... http://atariage.com/...-idea-peddlers/ ;)

Thanks for being a smartass................but I was thinking more like 1000 dollars for starters......and others could pitch in........

Hmm Bosconian. I've never heard of that before. It reminds me a lot of AstroChase for the 5200. I wonder (without doing any research of course) if they're at all related.

On a separate note: Bosconian has to have the worst name-to-gameplay ratio of anything I know of. It looks like a fun game, but has a horrible name IMO. That's probably why I've never seen it before. I wouldn't have bothered to play a game with that name. O_o

• Like 1

Thanks for being a smartass................but I was thinking more like 1000 dollars for starters......and others could pitch in........

Not being a smartass, just realistic. Perhaps you should start a thread stating you are willing to upfront $1000 to any programmer willing to port Bosconian to the 7800, and ask who else is willing to upfront money and how much will they contribute. It could be a two-part poll. The second is asking how much money would it take for a programmer to start working on Bosconian,

Wait for the responses and then you would have a (somewhat) realistic sense of the chances of your idea becoming a reality.

Just for kicks, a whole slew of other threads could start either asking "if possible" or/and who's willing to contribute/how much to port the following games:

After Burner

After Burner II

Alien Syndrome

Altered Beast

Amidar

Arabian

Athena

Bad Dudes

Bank Panic

Battletoads

Battlezone

Bionic Commando

Black Tiger

Blue-Print

Bomb Jack

Bubble Bobble

Buck Rogers

Bump 'N' Jump

Carnival

Chase HQ

Circus Charlie

Cloak & Dagger

Congo Bongo

Contra

Crazy Climber

Crystal Castles

Defender

Diamond Run

Donkey Kong 3

Double Dragon II

Double Dribble

Elevator Action

Escape Planet Robot Monsters

Final Fight

Front Line

Galaxian

Gauntlet

Gauntlet II

Ghosts 'N Goblins

Gorf

Gradius

Gun.Smoke

Gyruss

Hang-On

Heavy Barrel

Hunchback

Ikari Warriors II

Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Journey

Jumping Jack

Jungle Hunt

Kangaroo

Karnov

Lady Bug

Legendary Wings

Lock 'n' Chase

Major Havoc

Make Trax

Mappy

Marble Madness

Millipede

Missile Command

Monster Bash

Moon Patrol

Mouse Trap

Mr Do

Mr Do's Castle

Mr Do's Wild Ride

My Hero

Omega Race

Operation Wolf

Out Run

Pac-Land

Pac-Mania

Pandora's Palace

Paperboy

Pengo

Phoenix

Pitfall II

Pooyan

Popeye

Q-bert's Qubes

Qix

Quartet

R-Type

Rainbow Islands

Rally-X

Renegade

Road Blasters

Road Runner

Roc 'N Rope

Route 16

Rush'n Attack

Rygar

Satan's Hollow

Section Z

Shinobi

Solomon's Key

Space Invaders

Spelunker

Spy Hunter

Star Castle

Star Trek

Star Wars

Stargate-Defender II

Tapper

Tempest

Time Pilot

Toobin'

Track & Field

Trog

Trojan

Tutankham

Up'n Down

Vanguard

Venture

Wizard of Wor

Xybots

Yie Ar Kung Fu

Zaxxon

Zoo Keeper

To help eliminate half those threads, I'll answer the "if possible" question ones right now...Yes, they are all possible and many, many, more titles with varying degrees of accuracy, playability and success capturing the arcade essence.

• Like 1

Hmm Bosconian. I've never heard of that before. It reminds me a lot of AstroChase for the 5200. I wonder (without doing any research of course) if they're at all related.

It is a very good game. The older version is a bit too easy. If you are going to play it (Via MAME) try the 'new version' instead. The difficulty adjustment has been fixed to make it more challenging. Graphics/gameplay remains the same.

Not being a smartass, just realistic. Perhaps you should start a thread stating you are willing to upfront $1000 to any programmer willing to port Bosconian to the 7800, and ask who else is willing to upfront money and how much will they contribute. It could be a two-part poll. The second is asking how much money would it take for a programmer to start working on Bosconian,

Wait for the responses and then you would have a (somewhat) realistic sense of the chances of your idea becoming a reality.

Just for kicks, a whole slew of other threads could start either asking "if possible" or/and who's willing to contribute/how much to port the following games:

After Burner

After Burner II

Alien Syndrome

Altered Beast

Amidar

Arabian

Athena

Bad Dudes

Bank Panic

Battletoads

Battlezone

Bionic Commando

Black Tiger

Blue-Print

Bomb Jack

Bubble Bobble

Buck Rogers

Bump 'N' Jump

Carnival

Chase HQ

Circus Charlie

Cloak & Dagger

Congo Bongo

Contra

Crazy Climber

Crystal Castles

Defender

Diamond Run

Donkey Kong 3

Double Dragon II

Double Dribble

Elevator Action

Escape Planet Robot Monsters

Final Fight

Front Line

Galaxian

Gauntlet

Gauntlet II

Ghosts 'N Goblins

Gorf

Gradius

Gun.Smoke

Gyruss

Hang-On

Heavy Barrel

Hunchback

Ikari Warriors II

Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Journey

Jumping Jack

Jungle Hunt

Kangaroo

Karnov

Lady Bug

Legendary Wings

Lock 'n' Chase

Major Havoc

Make Trax

Mappy

Marble Madness

Millipede

Missile Command

Monster Bash

Moon Patrol

Mouse Trap

Mr Do

Mr Do's Castle

Mr Do's Wild Ride

My Hero

Omega Race

Operation Wolf

Out Run

Pac-Land

Pac-Mania

Pandora's Palace

Paperboy

Pengo

Phoenix

Pitfall II

Pooyan

Popeye

Q-bert's Qubes

Qix

Quartet

R-Type

Rainbow Islands

Rally-X

Renegade

Road Blasters

Road Runner

Roc 'N Rope

Route 16

Rush'n Attack

Rygar

Satan's Hollow

Section Z

Shinobi

Solomon's Key

Space Invaders

Spelunker

Spy Hunter

Star Castle

Star Trek

Star Wars

Stargate-Defender II

Tapper

Tempest

Time Pilot

Toobin'

Track & Field

Trog

Trojan

Tutankham

Up'n Down

Vanguard

Venture

Wizard of Wor

Xybots

Yie Ar Kung Fu

Zaxxon

Zoo Keeper

To help eliminate half those threads, I'll answer the "if possible" question ones right now...Yes, they are all possible and many, many, more titles with varying degrees of accuracy, playability and success capturing the arcade essence.

Okay okay okay........I get it.........its just that the request thread seems kind of pointless because everyone keeps making suggestions on new threads or current ones anyway....................I do love Bosconian though...........Didn't mean to offend, LoL.....................:)

No offense, Stun Runner 87. I can definitely appreciate the enthusiasm and passion. It's something that I believe the 7800 has in abundance. In my fantasy mind, I think we have a greater shot at seeing some games that there is already source code available and/or existing titles with a prequel or sequel.

For instance, here is the source code for many already released 7800 titles: http://www.atarimuse...les/7800/games/

From those source codes, in my very narrow and ignorant mind when it comes to programming, it could lead me to think the following games may have a chance of seeing the light of day on the 7800 (If the interest and talent of course exists for them):

Joust 2, Galaxian, Gaplus, Galaga '88, Millipede, Zaxxon, Chiller, Cheyenne.

From the homebrews that have been developed, if the same homebrewer(s) had an interest or desire for similar titles already released, it could lead to:

Pac-man & Chomp/Chomp(Pac'N'Pal), Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory, Q-bert's Qubes, Leprechaun/Pot of Gold.

There are some more, but I actually like the surprises we receive when a new title comes to life that is in a different direction than what was released previously.

Either way, I'm just happy we are receiving new games for the 7800, even in the year 2013...It's quite amazing.

More "surprises" are on the way...No doubt. ;)

• Like 1

Okay okay okay........I get it.........its just that the request thread seems kind of pointless because everyone keeps making suggestions on new threads or current ones anyway....................I do love Bosconian though...........Didn't mean to offend, LoL..................... :)

Seriously, you had to quote that entire two screens worth of list? You do know you can edit that down, right? Maybe come across as a little less obnoxiously clueless?

And .................... this ................ makes ........ you .......... look ................................dumb.

• Like 1

The c64 version of bosconian is not a port of the origional arcade game.......but thanks for trying to shoot down my statement mayhem............besides, the c64 was more like a home computer...............what I meant was, no 8 BIT VIDEO GAME CONSOLE THAT I KNOW OF HAS A PORT FOR BOSCONIAN......NOT EVEN NES...........

Edited by Stun Runner 87