IGNORED

Atari FontMaker 1.3

matosimi

8 hours ago, TheRaven81 said:

is there any documentation on how to use this?  Also, content is too small on a 1920x1080 screen, would it be possible to add zoom options for both the font display and the view window? My eyes strain so much just to see them.

There is no documentation, I consider if quite self explanatory. If you need some hints, send me PM.

Regarding the window being small... (im also using fullhd resolution without problems) .. you can try to press WIN and + key

• 2 months later...

That looks really great, but I can´t get it running with wine64 on OS X catalina. Any chance of trying to make it run? A native OS X version would be even cooler, but as far as I can see it´s written in Delphi?

Anyway, this is what I get:

Sascha@Digistar-5-Mac Desktop % wine64 /Applications/Atari/8Bit/Mac_PC_Soft/AtariFontMaker/AtariFontMaker.exe 
001b:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\wineusb": c0000142
000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"wineusb" failed to start: 1114
001f:err:display:macdrv_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1920x1200x32 @60!
0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"Z:\\Applications\\Atari\\8Bit\\Mac_PC_Soft\\AtariFontMaker\\AtariFontMaker.exe" not supported on this system

31 minutes ago, zbyti said:

On Linux works fine :]

Screenshot_2020-07-28_18-00-06.png

@skr try to wine instead wine64, on Linux wine64 logs some warnings.

As said, I´m on OS X Catalina, which does not support any 32-Bit application. So, wine doesn´t work anymore and I´m trying to make as many programs running on wine64 as possible.

36 minutes ago, zbyti said:

@skr I noticed you were on MacOS, but I was hoping the Mac was no worse than Ubuntu ;) 

Screenshot_2020-07-28_18-49-34.png

Nothing to do with being worse or better than something else. But with the last version-upgrade to Catalina, Apple decided to make a cut and go 64 Bit completely.
That renders some software incompatible. Some retro-software I need is running fine (like Altirra) but this one and MadStudio I couldn´t make work so far. Not a personal problem for me, as I also have a Win10-Laptop for retro apps only, but I don´t like switching computers as I most of the time simply have my MacBook located next to my Ataris and do all kinds of stuff, mostly using eclipse with WUDSN IDE and Atari800MacX, on that one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, matosimi said:

@skr compile the code with Lazarus.

I tried to, but get nothing than an app called "project1.app" with no windows.

Maybe I´m doing it totally wrong, so here is what I tried:

Installed fpc and fpcrsc with brew, respectively brew cask. (All instructions on the Lazarus project sites didn´t work, so I ended up doing it with brew)

Installed Lazarus IDE.

Open "Main.pas", "AtariColorSelector.pas" and "ExportWindow.pas" and started compiling, but all I get is an app "project1.app" that does nothing and has no windows.

From my experience with XCode and Visual Studio I expect the file "FontMaker.dproj" to be somewhat important, but I can´t open it with Lazarus.

29 minutes ago, zbyti said:

@skr and what about "Project/new Project From File" ?

Doesn´t compile, too.

I leave it for now, as I have no experience with Lazarus and this seems too complicated for me and I have more important things to do.

4 hours ago, skr said:

Doesn´t compile, too.

I leave it for now, as I have no experience with Lazarus and this seems too complicated for me and I have more important things to do.

I struggled a bit, but here is "experimental" 64bit version, maybe your mac would be able to emulate now

FontMaker64.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, this is working. Thank you so much!

Now I´m so keen to ask one more question: It seems, that there is written a file "default.atrview" to the root, which does not work as the root is write protected:

atrview.thumb.jpg.1160f23106f1c9b2244f1ad58a12bf7c.jpg

This only happens, when I try to start the FontMaker as an App (which I created with the scripteditor). Would be nice, if that file would be in another place.

Anyway, starting it manually from the Terminal, it looks like I think it should:

FontMaker.thumb.jpg.296d4ffc0d9793ce1602c18df64fe9a2.jpg

Hi!

5 hours ago, skr said:

Doesn´t compile, too.

To compile with FPC you don't need the Lazarous IDE, only the Lazarous libraries (LCL), the procedure is:

- Edit the file fpc.cfg and fix the paths to the installed LCL

- Build using the command: fpc  FontMaker.dpr

The DPR file is the main Pascal source that includes the other files.

Have Fun!

• Thanks 1

alias fpcd='fpc -Mdelphi -vh -O3'

fpcd  FontMaker.dpr
Hint: Start of reading config file fpc.cfg
Hint: Start of reading config file /etc/fpc.cfg
Hint: End of reading config file /etc/fpc.cfg
Hint: (11031) End of reading config file fpc.cfg
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.4+dfsg-18ubuntu2 [2018/08/29] for x86_64
Copyright (c) 1993-2017 by Florian Klaempfl and others
(1002) Target OS: Linux for x86-64
(3104) Compiling FontMaker.dpr
(3104) Compiling Main.pas
/home/zbyti/Projects/FreePascal/atari-fontmaker-code-r61/Main.pas(13,23) Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit System.Actions used by Main
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode
fpc
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.4+dfsg-18ubuntu2 [2018/08/29] for x86_64

./lazarus -v
2.0.8 SVN Revision: 63482

Edited by zbyti
versions

On 7/28/2020 at 9:07 AM, matosimi said:

I have made several fixes to Atari FontMaker 1.5 and also I have created central Atari FontMaker page with instruction manual. From now on it will contain the most recent version:

http://matosimi.websupport.sk/atari/atari-fontmaker/

Great improvements, and nice startup manual. I like very much the new cursor over the view window and the Recolor button.

BTW, I think that the Recolor popup should be automatically closed when the Megacopy button is pressed and the other controls are disabled.

About Megacopy, I think this is a starting point to enable multichar edition directly over the view window, in order to avoid selecting each char to draw a line that crosses many chars. I know it would be complex to handle and probably a zoom lens where to edit should be a help.

so... version 1.5.1.64 has been released...

http://matosimi.websupport.sk/atari/atari-fontmaker/

From now on the archive contains 32bit and 64bit builds.

@vitocoI have fixed the recolor disappearance behavior

fixed lot of internal stuff

fixed *.raw load/save behavior based on "40bytes" checkbox

Edited by matosimi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1