IGNORED

7800 A/V Mod - Electronic Sentimentalities

SabertoothRetro

Earler this week I got my 7800 S-video/Composite Stereo A/V mod back from Joe - AKA "Electronic Sentimentalities"- and I could not be happier with the result. I know that a lot of people on AA already speak highly of his work with the 2600 but I wanted to share my experience with the 7800 mod.

- The fit and finish of the jacks is great. If you didn't know better, you would think it was stock.

- The console was modded and shipped out within a few days of reciept. Packing was just as it should have been and the console was returned in the same cosmetic condition in which it was shipped.

- The channel selector is now the "TIA" switch. This eliminates interference from TIA. You'll need to flip the switch to play 2600 games.

- Most importantly, the clarity of the picture is fantastic! No more TIA inference! No more diagnol lines! The colors also seem more vibrant. This is the only way to play the 7800!

If you're like me and have no soldering skills but want to upgrade your 7800, I highly recommend Joe's service!

http://electronicsentimentalities.com/

eBay Seller: electronicsentimentalities1?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by atariLBC

I have the exact same setup - with the channel switch repurposed - and I LOVE it! I could neither be happier nor agree with your post more! As a bonus, Joe is a really nice guy, and that never hurts in any transaction. The S-video is SUPER sharp!

If you're considering Electronic Sentimentalities, have no fear!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my 7800 back with the Electronic Sentimentalities mod & looks great! Would highly recommend getting this mod if you were on the fence about getting it done. What a difference it has made & I haven't even tried the S-video yet as I don't have that option on my living room TV. No more fuzz :D

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but...I sent an inquiry about a 7800 mod, and Joe replied back saying he's unable to fulfill orders right now because his wife has cancer and is having a difficult time with chemo. :( I sure hope things get better for the both of them.

• Like 1