IGNORED

Potential new hardware

foft

Hello.

I've just have got the fresh minty super-duper smelly MIST platform produced by Lotharek. How do you think, is it very hard to put the a800 into this board?

Atari ST and Amiga are done already :D.

http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=96

If you have time to try I can send you the code? :-)

I will port to MIST if someone sends me one. Though starting my new job very shortly so it might take me a while!

I just had time to configure the core permanent into the DE1 board.

This weekend i might have the time to buy two sub-d jacks and solder

a SIO port to the GPIO.

This is so cool, makes me thinking of creating a new case for it...

Its been some time ... Thank you foft!

• Like 1

I just had time to configure the core permanent into the DE1 board.

This weekend i might have the time to buy two sub-d jacks and solder

a SIO port to the GPIO.

This is so cool, makes me thinking of creating a new case for it...

Its been some time ... Thank you foft!

:-)

Just be careful since the DE1 is not 5V tolerant. I have some of the IDT Quickswitch boards left if you are interested.

:-)

Just be careful since the DE1 is not 5V tolerant. I have some of the IDT Quickswitch boards left if you are interested.

Well, if you add SD card support (like emulating an SDrive connected to SIO) that would be enough, too.

But in the end, having real SIO support would be cool. I guess thats part of your breakout PCB?

I have an SDrive here, and if i remember correct, its 3,3V but 5V tolerant. I will check it again and maybe

it is my solution already.

What about the RS232 on the DE1 - couldn't it be used as a built-in SIO2PC interface?

What about the RS232 on the DE1 - couldn't it be used as a built-in SIO2PC interface?

RS232 on the DE1 can be used, but you need to solder an extra wire or two for command - see earlier in this thread. The DE1 only has TX and RX connected. There are spare pins on the max232 though.

Unfortunately, all I'm able to get is a blank screen. I can type on the keyboard and get different codes on the DE1, but that's about it. I've tried flashing my ROMs and I've also tried using the atariroms.bin file from the site. I've tried setting switch 7 up. I read the flash memory to file and successfully verified it with the original file. I'm not sure what else to try here. I've also set SW4-8 up and still blank.

Edited by Panther

Well you can try the internal ram/rom testing core. See Hias' post in this thread on the 5th. Some sram errors from the control panel is normal - bug in the control panel core! How many bytes differ?

With sw4 up you have hsync and vsync and 480 lines/576 lines. With sw4 down you have csync (on hsync pin iirc) and 240 lines/288 lines.

The SRAM file comparison was off by 64 bytes.

With SW4 up, the signal my monitor is getting is definitely within range, just blank.

848 x 480 @ H: 31.5 KHz / V: 60.1 Hz or with the converter connected, 640 x 480 @ H: 31.5 KHz / V: 60.1 Hz

I'll see if I can dig up a CRT tomorrow.

I had tried the test with just 4-8 up and same thing. The SRAM chip is IS61WV25616EDBLL-10TLI. I looked at the comparison again and see that the failures are in three distinct blocks. It kind of sounds like its the glitchy control panel that others have noted. At this point I'm just going to go on the consideration that this expensive little video converter doesn't work and find something different to connect.

Did you test with experiment_20130813.sof

Ref post #176

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213827-potential-new-hardware/page-8?do=findComment&comment=2860719

I had tried the test with just 4-8 up and same thing. The SRAM chip is IS61WV25616EDBLL-10TLI. I looked at the comparison again and see that the failures are in three distinct blocks. It kind of sounds like its the glitchy control panel that others have noted. At this point I'm just going to go on the consideration that this expensive little video converter doesn't work and find something different to connect.

Oops! Now I did! I missed that the internal SRAM test was only with that one version. That's what happens when I work on things like this so late.

That gives me a memo pad!

This is the latest update from Digi.

Hi Mark

This part was just sent to our Product Manager to review. If the parts have to be returned to the supplier for evaluation this process can take a few weeks. We will advise as soon we have any information.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help with.

Thanks,

Cristin Gums

Customer Service

DIGI-KEY CORPORATION