IGNORED

Your unique Atari Pride and Joy - what do you treasure the most?

Hmm having almost any drive released for 8-bit and all atari computers see signature, and almost all retail jag games and some rare/proto and my latest buy an Atari Jaguar KIOSK :D

Still looking for a working Stacy can trade a Falcon030 for it... ;-)

Edited by TXG/MNX

or a sense of Irony perhaps.....?

- my own monitor is a JVC one typically used by tv companies like the BBC back in the 90's. S-video you see - cant go back to composite or RV once bitten....

Yeah - no harm meant. I also use a Commodore 1084-S via s-video with my 8-bit, and I wired up a custom RGB cable for use with my ST.

Ok - needs a serious mod and suchlike. Not knocking the purity of keeping the peripherals 'Atari ' home grown but it involves probably paying a bit for both monitor and card i expect.

At the moment (2013) the consumer is faced with paying around $15 + shipping for a high end S-video monitor (late 90's tech - now costs little) or a largely expensive Atari monitor and the RGB card where found...

Economy VS Purity!

Edited by Magic Knight

Just showing off ;-) A lot of Atari stuff I bought from ANG Software which is not in business anymore. And I still have to unpack a lot of boxes of spare parts, PSU's and more.... The items on the photo I already have in my own collection, so I will add them to my webshop.

before_after2.jpg

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 4

Sadly, nearly all the hardware I bought (or was gifted) new in the 80s (600XL, 130XE, 1050, 1020, 1010) was sold around 1990 so I could buy a used Amiga 1000. Any hardware I own today - except one 1050 I've owned since new and a stock 800 I bought used at a swap meet in the 80s - has been acquired (relatively) recently via eBay or craigslist.

I've got a modest collection, but the everyday setup of things I use and love consists of a 1702, that since-new 1050, an Indus GT and either a lightly-modded 1200XL or Incognito-equipped 800, depending on my mood. I can't decide which one to leave the PAL chip in.

The items in my collection that have the greatest sentimental value to me are several of my cartridges and disks I've owned since new. Nothing really rare, but I've had them forever and many were gifts. Carts like Miner 2049er, River Raid and Frogger instantly take me back. My copy of Robotron, which still has the twin-joystick holder is another one I'm fond of.

Most of my old store-bought disks still work, too... Great American Cross Country Road Race, Raid Over Moscow, MicroProse's Top Gunner Collection and my still-complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy are favorites.

Sadly, nearly all the hardware I bought (or was gifted) new in the 80s (600XL, 130XE, 1050, 1020, 1010) was sold around 1990 so I could buy a used Amiga 1000. . . .

It was a fair trade. I did the same upgrade. While I still do regret giving up my original 800 setup, the Amiga(s) made up for that. A couple years afterwards I missed playing Shamus and got an 800XL which I still have, later upgraded with 256K, and Newell Ramrod OS. Aside from my original OSS carts everything I have is bought used.

My PL65 programming language disk, bought in 1988 with the money I won after betting my mum £20 that I'd pass my driving test on the first attempt.

More recently, I acquired a very nice boxed 1029 printer complete with manual. I already have the original unit I bought at the Spring 1987 Atari Show in London but the noise shield got thrown out by my dumb wife when we moved house.

My 800 I bought refurbished from a friend who worked at Atari, he actually got me a new 800 off the line, threw it in a refurb box and sold it to me direct. I think I was 12yo at the time. (1982, does that sound right?) He threw in the 2 extra 16k ram modules for free.

it's my most prized because I never sold it. Now my 520ST I sold and I regret it to this day. I want another from the ST line, but money is tight and I'd rather get something in the Falcon/TT lineup, so yeah that ain't happening.

Incognito rocks.

My PL65 programming language disk, bought in 1988 with the money I won after betting my mum £20 that I'd pass my driving test on the first attempt.

More recently, I acquired a very nice boxed 1029 printer complete with manual. I already have the original unit I bought at the Spring 1987 Atari Show in London but the noise shield got thrown out by my dumb wife when we moved house.

One day I hope to obtain a 1029 printer... I had one when I lived in the UK, but sold it when I moved to the US... rare as hens teeth here...

I would have to say my 800xl bought new in 1985 complete with 1010. Still working and orginal. Even has the national Dragon users sticker I put on it to redeem my soul for jumping ship so many years ago.

Of the newer stuff , my 1200xl and Mega STE.

My favorite is a tie between my 400 and my 810 archiver.

The 400 has a warm spot in my heart because it was my 1st computer, though not this particular one. I gave my original away back in the 80's.

The 810 because I always wanted one as a kid but didn't have the cash. I love the size/look/sound of it.

Another thing that makes them special for me is that they both came with surprises. Both were bought of ebay. The 400 came with a 48k expansion and the 810 came with an Archiver mod that the seller's weren't aware of. It was fun to find those when I took them apart for cleaning/inspection.