IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

Just to recap: The deluxe version will also include a microSD card that will contain :-

• 7 full and DRM free homebrew games :-
    • Rocketeer
    • Next Street
    • CollectorVision's "Sydney Hunter & The Shrines of Peril"
    • +4 games (not programmed by me - more details soon)

I'm SOLD I think.

Edited by Greg2600

Games like Terra 5, KillBotz, Mars Minis and Mystery Castle will all be DRM free, free to play and Hive only when their ROMs are released. So there are plenty of reasons to get a Hive if you like homebrew games.

Very nice. Honestly, I'm probably going to buy/support both your cart AND the other one being developed anyway. I have multiple flashcarts for the same systems, sometimes from the same vendor! I just love them, and have put a ton of $ into them, much more so than individual home brew games. I'm simply amazed at how homebrewers have been able to unlock and augment these systems from Atari up through Dreamcast. That plus I'm probably going to have to send most of my cart games to storage someday, and I am an original hardware maven, so these allow me to play while conserving lots of space.

• Like 1

Yep! BCD and game save functionality.

!%$@!# (in a good way)

Any chance we can come together on a standard game save functionality, that can be shared amongst all multicarts/emulators? Half of one of my games is going to end up being game save code!

Standards: always nice to have options to choose from :D

Any chance we can come together on a standard game save functionality, that can be shared amongst all multicarts/emulators? Half of one of my games is going to end up being game save code!

Probably not, but then again Hive/Bee3 supports plenty of things that JLP/LTO don't/can't and visa-versa.

Standards: always nice to have options to choose from :D

Theres plenty of options I'll give you that :P.

Match 5, Old School and Boulder Dash are saving their high scores. Christmas Carol and Caves of Kroz are saving the game progress.

That is true, though it is the same technology.

Fun fact: Joe and I worked on setting up high-score savings in Christmas Carol (well, mostly Joe). The entire thing was ready and tested, but I ran out of time to integrate it in a manner that fit the rest of the user interface and style before flying out to CGE for the release. This is why the only thing Christmas Carol saves is the state of having finished the game, in order to unlock the "Boss Level" in the Practice Menu; since that part did not require user interaction.

That high-score saving code was then used in Match 5. Funny how these things work. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

Well then, will the specs be shared amongst the emulator community so that we don't lose these digital treasures down the road once the flash carts become unavailable?

Documentation isn't high on my list of priorities at the moment but I am planning on putting together a support pack for IntyBASIC. What people do with it after that is up to them.

• Like 2

Games like Terra 5, KillBotz, Mars Minis and Mystery Castle will all be DRM free, free to play and Hive only when their ROMs are released. So there are plenty of reasons to get a Hive if you like homebrew games.

But I think LTO Flash is more appealing to people because it is more advanced and has a USB part and a real cool interface that can load games while still in the Intellivision while it is on so there is no need to keep taking a memory card out to add new games.

Also LTO has built in game manuals like Cuttle Cart 3 does but I think it is more advanced plus since it uses a custom font the game names are not limited to the 20 characters per line of the Intellivision character set.

Will you be selling the ROM Versions of

Terra 5, KillBotz, Mars Minis and Mystery Castle

to those that will not be buying a Hive Multi Cart and will they work on Cuttle Cart 3 and LTO Flash and will they run on Intellivision 2?

How much will you charge for Hive?

But I think LTO Flash is more appealing to people because it is more advanced and has a USB part and a real cool interface that can load games while still in the Intellivision while it is on so there is no need to keep taking a memory card out to add new games.

You don't need any additional software to add games to Hive. Just add games and organise your folders on the microSD card as you would any removable media on your PC/Mac/Linux box. Both Bee3 and Hive offer accelerated hardware features to games.

Also LTO has built in game manuals like Cuttle Cart 3 does but I think it is more advanced plus since it uses a custom font the game names are not limited to the 20 characters per line of the Intellivision character set.

As you can see at around 10s into this video :-

You can scroll left/right through games with long filenames which overcomes the 20 character limit.

Will you be selling the ROM Versions of

Terra 5, KillBotz, Mars Minis and Mystery Castle

to those that will not be buying a Hive Multi Cart and will they work on Cuttle Cart 3 and LTO Flash

Nope! Not interested in selling game ROMs. All my Inty ROMs will be given away free and for Hive only. They all use hardware acceleration features present in Bee3/Hive that LTO Flash and the CC3 do not support.

and will they run on Intellivision 2?

Yep! All my games on Bee3/Hive will also play fine in an Inty 2.

How much will you charge for Hive?

$75 + P&P for the standard version, not much more for the deluxe (depends on microSD card price).

• Like 3

You don't need any additional software to add games to Hive. Just add games and organise your folders on the microSD card as you would any removable media on your PC/Mac/Linux box.

$75 + P&P for the standard version, not much more for the deluxe (depends on microSD card price).

That sounds easy and convenient to me, and the price is right too! I think I might even have an old tiny (256 mb) microSD card that would be perfect for this application.

...Also LTO has built in game manuals like Cuttle Cart 3 ...

Just want to make a clarification here in case this sounds confusing. You can copy manuals for games down to the LTO Flash!, and it will display them on the Intellivision. There aren't "built-in" manuals already on the device -- you need to provide them, just as you did for CC3.

The debate about the pros and cons of how you populate your flash cartridge of choice ultimately boils down to personal preference. Each has its own merits.

Just want to make a clarification here in case this sounds confusing. You can copy manuals for games down to the LTO Flash!, and it will display them on the Intellivision. There aren't "built-in" manuals already on the device -- you need to provide them, just as you did for CC3.

Adding a text file viewer is a pretty trivial thing to add to the Hive BIOS. Consider it done!

• Like 2