IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 6 Round 13 Countermeasure

zylon

Our game this round is Countermeasure. ( or Combat on steroids. ;) ) Play on default level of 1. Emulation or custom controls are fine. Pics preferred, but not necessary except for HSC records.

Round ends on Sunday July 21st 2013 @ 9pm EST

Current HSC record: Bust it for a bonus point!

Countermeasure - (Level 1)

sdamon 97,300 (BUSTED)

Next: 106,850 sdamon (RE-BUSTED)

NEW- 115,900 peedenmark7

Final scores:

115,900 peedenmark7 +1+11=12

106,850 sdamon +1+10=11

64,450 roadrunner +9

35,250 darthkur +8

34,650 NIKON +7

21,550 RangerG +6

2,450 atariron82 +5

500 jblenkle +4

Edited by zylon

Countermeasure - 500

post-9212-0-04511000-1373252337_thumb.png

It's gonna take me awhile to figure this one out...

That looks like one of my scores on this game. :) My emulated version is very erratic.

Standings also updated.

Edited by zylon

I seem to recall that Countermeasure has some kind of analog stick initialization logic - in other words, press Up/Down/Left/Right (in a circle) a couple times in emulation, and then you should be able to control the tank better. There are two firebuttons used. One shoots, the other allows control of the turret.

With a surprise buzzer-beating finish, peedenmark7 takes the win and sets a new HSC record! :thumbsup: :party: :cool:

Our next round: Space Dungeon begins in minutes...

Final scores:

115,900 peedenmark7 +1+11=12

106,850 sdamon +1+10=11

64,450 roadrunner +9

35,250 darthkur +8

34,650 NIKON +7

21,550 RangerG +6

2,450 atariron82 +5

500 jblenkle +4

EDIT: Round 14 has begun.

Edited by zylon

Thanks Guys ! :)

Last time we played this game I came up way short, but fully had the games quirks down pat by the end of the round [ didn't play it again until this round] . Last time out, I slacked week one and ran out of time the second which reminded me of Astrochase this season.

For a game that I never paid any mind to as a kid, [ I've said this before] WOW, the HSC has once again forced me to PLAY another gem in the catalog.

This round, I felt really good going in , but when our champ put up his great score mid stream, it sort of let the wind out of my sails to a degree. That, coupled with not having a round win and a few near win misses this season ,made me question why I was here & lit a big fire under my a$$ !!!

I actually use a few different methods depending on the stage of the game to enter codes. I treat it like a repeating puzzle really.

Code entry is obviously important , but how you play the turrets firing on you is the entire game. I went through 8 lives at the end on my high game.

Once I established solid game play & not making stupid mistakes, my score jumped dramatically in a hurry. The key is being consistent in all facets.. I forgot my main CX-52 at our cottage 2 weeks ago and ended up using my backup which has never seen ANY comp play.. Yikes, What a mind F&$K !

Oddly enough, though my wife thought I was nuts 4 years ago for spending a small fortune putting my 5200/7800 collection together, jumping" small head" first back into the world of Atari , she called the round for me on Friday and was silly close in calling my final score.

I love this stuff and I'm just happy to be here playing with you guys !

Off to another tough one !

Edited by peedenmark7
  • Like 1

Thanks Guys ! :)

Last time we played this game I came up way short, but fully had the games quirks down pat by the end of the round [ didn't play it again until this round] . Last time out, I slacked week one and ran out of time the second which reminded me of Astrochase this season.

For a game that I never paid any mind to as a kid, [ I've said this before] WOW, the HSC has once again forced me to PLAY another gem in the catalog.

This round, I felt really good going in , but when our champ put up his great score mid stream, it sort of let the wind out of my sails to a degree. That, coupled with not having a round win and a few near win misses this season ,made me question why I was here & lit a big fire under my a$$ !!!

I actually use a few different methods depending on the stage of the game to enter codes. I treat it like a repeating puzzle really.

Code entry is obviously important , but how you play the turrets firing on you is the entire game. I went through 8 lives at the end on my high game.

Once I established solid game play & not making stupid mistakes, my score jumped dramatically in a hurry. The key is being consistent in all facets.. I forgot my main CX-52 at our cottage 2 weeks ago and ended up using my backup which has never seen ANY comp play.. Yikes, What a mind F&$K !

Oddly enough, though my wife thought I was nuts 4 years ago for spending a small fortune putting my 5200/7800 collection together, jumping" small head" first back into the world of Atari , she called the round for me on Friday and was silly close in calling my final score.

I love this stuff and I'm just happy to be here playing with you guys !

Off to another tough one !

Awesome score peedenmark7 :thumbsup: !!!

I'm still learning how to play this great game. So far, I've never successfully guessed a fail-safe code. Assuming one has found all three letters and entered them in the right order...what happens? Does something tell you it's correct and the countdown stops? So far it only ever blows up for me no matter what I enter, even though I thought the code was correct (from memory). Does another button have to be pressed to finalize the entry? Thanks, and way to go on the new Record :)