IGNORED

MakeDisk App. for ST disk images

Gunstar

I use the MS-DOS program MAKEDISK to turn .ST images on the net back into real ST disks. It can also be used for the opposite. I currently use version 1.4 and was wondering if there is a newer version that has expanded capabilities, namely use of 11 sector tracks. version 1.4 only lets you designate 80-82 track, 9-10 sectors and 1 or 2 sides. I have come across a few images that require 81 tracks, 11 sectors a track and 1 side. I've tried Fcopy III on my St to format the disks, and also a ram disk accessory in GEM that formats PS/2 (PC) compatible disks. Both of these programs allow formatting 11 track sectors, but Makedisk won't read them, and won't let me format 11 sector tracks on it either... :sad:

Any help appreciated. The actual program I'm trying to get to work is 'Legend of Faerghail', if anyone knows where I can get a different version, that would be cool too. My current images were .MSA that I converted to .st with MSAtoST and the first disk is standard 82 track, 10 sector, 2 sides, but the last three are 81 track, 11 sector, 1 side, which is the problem... :( I got it from AtariForce, it's a crack by the Replicants.

Any help appreciated. The actual program I'm trying to get to work is 'Legend of Faerghail', if anyone knows where I can get a different version, that would be cool too. My current images were .MSA that I converted to .st with MSAtoST and the first disk is standard 82 track, 10 sector, 2 sides, but the last three are 81 track, 11 sector, 1 side, which is the problem... :(  I got it from AtariForce, it's a crack by the Replicants.

If you have MSA files you can use our JAY MSA for TOS. You can download it from our homepage. It works with ST files too, but this feature is not 100%

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. I also found a site with Makedisk V1.5, which I'll look into if your JAY MSA doesn't do it, but I have a feeling that MAKEDISK 1.5 won't cover 11 sector tracks either...Thanks again! 8)

That's probably good enough for me. I do have a problem though, I downloaded Jay MSA but WinZIP won't recognise it for extraction (even though windows labeled it and refers to it as a WinZip file). These Archives have the extension of .LZH or something like that, I've never seen them before, not that I'm familiar with archivers anyway, I just click on and archive and generally let WinZip do the rest. Do I need to uncruch these with a archiver program on the ST? Or the PC? Also, is JAY MSA a program that runs on the ST, or PC? (Winzip classic was at least able to show me the contents and I see what appears to be both ST and PC files). :?