IGNORED

USPS now offering limited international Delivery Confirm. YAY

ianoid

Electronic Delivery Confirmation International Service is now available with shipments to the following countries:

• Canada
  • Australia
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Germany
  • Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Israel
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Spain
  • Switzerland

• Like 1

That's fantastic, they had already offered this on First Class International packages to Canada, and I'm glad to see the additions of Australia, Brazil, France, Great Britain, and Germany.

On the other hand, the USPS broke the store here yesterday with more changes to their service API. So I had to scramble and fix that. :) Second time this year!

..Al

Electronic Delivery Confirmation International Service is now available with shipments to the following countries:

This is great news.

I got a flyer on limited international tracking this weekend, but I couldn't locate any more info online.

You can read some information about the changes on Endicia's page here:

http://www.endicia.c...ry-confirmation

Thanks!

In looking for more info on this, I ran across a recent thread on Etsy where someone mentioned that USPS will be adding tracking for First Class International to other countries (besides Canada) in the near future.

This is awesome

I just had an eBay purchase sent to me (to Spain) by First Class Mail International yesterday, and the tracking report in the USPS website shows it has delivery confirmation

I hope this will encourage sellers to ship abroad using First Class, because Priority was excessive!

I can't see how GSP would be useful for 90% of transactions. Shipping is already so much, it's just not viable for stuff under $50. I depend on international buyers for consistent sales in my store, so I have a vested interest in keeping int'l shipping as low as possible. Int'l DC is just a huge bonus if it's not overpriced for First Class.

I never shipped out of the CONUS before GSP, so international buyers would not have been able to buy my items anyway. So, I'm not losing anything by using it. Time will tell if there are issues that would get me to stop using it. But I've sold three items over the past couple of weeks to GSP buyers. I love not being asked to lie about the value of items so that the buyer can dodge customs fees.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is awesome

I just had an eBay purchase sent to me (to Spain) by First Class Mail International yesterday, and the tracking report in the USPS website shows it has delivery confirmation

I hope this will encourage sellers to ship abroad using First Class, because Priority was excessive!

I agree that this may mean reduced international shipping on light orders but be aware the weight limit for USPS First Class International Package is only 4 lbs., anything heavier has to be sent by another method. This means a lot of shipments will still require Priority Post International if sent via USPS.

I agree that this may mean reduced international shipping on light orders but be aware the weight limit for USPS First Class International Package is only 4 lbs., anything heavier has to be sent by another method. This means a lot of shipments will still require Priority Post International if sent via USPS.

Yeah, First Class is technically letter post.

Since Surface Mail was eliminated several years back, there is no inexpensive option. Perhaps FedEx or UPS will step in for some reasonable shipping options.

Noted. Although I find a lot of my S. American packages come by FedEx for reasonable sums, so I'm just wondering if we may be in line.

Seeing the obvious failure of the USPS as we move forward, there may be a large market for UPS and FedEx.

That being said, I'm generally very pleased with the service I receive from the USPS.

Still- hooray limited Int'l Delivery Confirmation!