IGNORED

Sega Game Gear, just picked up some stuff, no idea...

I have no idea what is what with GG. I was hoping someone here could tell me if what I got is good.

I picked up; 5 systems (2 work), charger, battery pack, magnifier, vs cable, Game genie, gear master, and these games:

Shining Force - the sword of haiya

G Loc - air battle

Defenders of Oasis

Donald Duck - the lucky dime caper (boxed)

Sonic the Hedgehog - triple trouple

Aerial Assault

The Lion King (boxed)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Taz-Mania

C8L Spot

Samurai Showdown

Desert Speedtrap

Mortal Kombat (2)

Ninja Gaiden (boxed)

Ms. Pac-man (boxed)

Star Trek - the advanced holodeck tutorial (boxed)

Streets of Rage 2 (2)

Chicago Syndicate (boxed)

Magical Puzzle Popils - Japan

Taz - in escape from mars

Streets of Rage

Klaz

The Majors Pro BAseball

WF RAW

Ecco The Dolphin (boxed)

Sonic the HedgeHog 2 (boxed)

SpiderMan (boxed)

NinkL 2 - Japan

Revenge of Drancon

The Jungle Book

Columns

Slider

Land of Illusion - Mickey Mouse

Sonic the HedgeHog - spinball (boxed)

Batman Returns

The Chessmaster

Dracula

Mortal Kombat 2 (2)

Ristar (2)

Zenki - Japan

Sonic the HedgeHog - chaos

Sonic the HedgeHog

Fred Couples Golf

Virtua Fighter - animation

Shinobi II - the silent fury

World Series Baseball '95

Surf Ninjas

Ax Battler - The legend of golden axe

Caesars Palace (boxed)

Bust-A-Move

Jurassic Park

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - the movie

Aladdin (boxed)

Tails Adventure

Primal Rage

The Simpsons - bart vs the world

Super Space Invaders

(pure japanese?? cart)

Joe Montana Football

Thanx!

That's a decent deal but be weary as Gamegear's aren't the most reliable handheld out there.I have 4 and all three have some sort of problem or another(sound only through headphones, really hard to see screen, won't come on unless the brightness is all the way up or down which makes it useless to play).You got some really good games in there so for 5 Gamegear's, 62 games, Game genie, battery pack, VS cable, magnifier, and Master gear is a decent deal(If you're happy with it then it dosen't matter how much it was)

Edited by xDragonWarrior

Nice deal. A lot of problems with the gamegear can be solved by swapping the capacitors for new ones. Done it with 6 systems, only 1 system was really dead. Kept one unit, sold the others.

I saw that uTube video discussing that:

But I have no idea where to get those parts, etc.

Does anyone do the repairs these days? Any links or contact info, would be much appreciated. Out of the 5 units I got, two were blue (one dead, one with rolling lines on screen, but does have sound :) )

Oh dang, that is a seriously awesome haul. You should have a lot of fun with the Lucky Dime Caper, Revenge of Drancon (actually Wonder Boy), Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble, Tails Adventure (kind of slow for Sonic, but try to think of it as an action-adventure game like Metroid or Symphony of the Night), and Land of Illusion. I think the Shining Force game is supposed to be excellent too, but it's not really my kind of game.

You got any pictures of the Japanese game? If you're really lucky, it could be Ninku Hiroyuki, a clone of Pengo that's better than the actual version of Pengo released by Sega for the Game Gear.

Man, now I've got to play some of these on an emulator. It's been a really long time since I've played anything on the Game Gear, since mine has those weird sound issues that so many seem to get. If I opened it, though, I'd want to throw out the fluorescent light and replace it with some white LEDs.

Well, it's a good thing you got the magnifier as well as the Master Gear, it is really hard to see some elements of games designed for big screens without the magnifier. It is still hard to tell what your score is on some games, even with it. But it is a good setup for the most part.

My recommendation would be to bite the bullet and do it yourself. I've had several repaired from different sources. Not all of the repairs have lasted. The sound worked on one for several months and then quit. Another worked for a year before it started turning itself off after 10 seconds. :(

My recommendation would be to bite the bullet and do it yourself. I've had several repaired from different sources. Not all of the repairs have lasted. The sound worked on one for several months and then quit. Another worked for a year before it started turning itself off after 10 seconds. :(

I second that if you've got soldering experience. The Gamer Gear itself is worth about $30 but the repair takes a couple of hours. By the time you pay someone for time and parts, you're going to spend more than what the Game Gear is worth. There is a deciding factor, though: If the Game Gear is a special edition or one of the very first ones made, it's worth saving.

I typically run mine with a set of hybrid NiMH cells and a quality battery charger. I think I spent all of $25 on that stuff.

BTW, cap kits can be found on ebay. I've done a couple of cap kits myself. If you'd like, shoot me a PM and I'll fix yours.

• 2 weeks later...