IGNORED

FS Like New Ouya $75

busterm

I purchased an Ouya when it first came out at Gamestop. When I first got it I hooked it up and maybe played at most 20 mins with it. Most of that time was spent downloading the emulators for it. After that it has sat untouched next to my tv. Honestly I don't really see myself using it. Guess emulators are not my thing.

SOLD

Edited by busterm
  • Like 1

Man I'm surprised how people keep unloading their ouya's...me and my kids are loving ours, its such a great little toy for so little $.

Now that the mame4droid dev fixed his build to be 100% compatible with the ouya and that you can have all the nes systems and the 2600 on there all hooked to an extra tv for some quick gameplay with hd output its really pretty cool :)

• Like 2

Guess emulators are not my thing.

There is nothing like playing the games directly from the console. I've tried EMU over the years, but never stick to it. There is no Zen in it. For me sitting on the floor in front of the tv, with a pile of games is so much more fun.

I have the PSP phone, I like a couple of EMU games. Death Rally is a great remake that works well ported to android.

Of course there is some magic that can never be taken away from playing all the old carts on the real hardware, no doubt about it-that's why I keep collecting all the old systems too. But for quick acess to the 600+ original titles for the 2600 and the 900+ for nes, not to mention the 6000+ arcade games you certainly cant have in anyones living room ouya is a great quick option. Especially with kids, I love to play with my kids on real hardware, but I cant leave my collections out for them to go thru 24-7 and as these consoles get older they need a bit more care day to day. Its just another great option. :D

And while I love emus on my pc too, there is something I like about them a lot on the ouya too hooked to a big tv.

• Like 1

there are tons that love the ouya. I just think because this a retro collecting community that alot of us here are scared by emulation. I ordered a modded Xbox from Mark but I am stripping it of all games minus arcade games as soon as I get it because I find it diminishes my collection. Btw I'm not trying to put down this ouya sale just my personal outlook on emulation. Good luck with the sale man. I am sure someone will bite ^_^.