IGNORED

Star Trek 3.5

Star Trek? Is that like Star Wars?

Copyright notice says it's for personal use of original purchaser only, so it's worthless. Only kidding; my guess is it's not worth much, but I'm no expert on Atari computer software.

Isn't Scott Adams the guy who does the Dilbert comics? That might add a little value if it's the same guy.

Copyright notice says it's for personal use of original purchaser only, so it's worthless. Only kidding; my guess is it's not worth much, but I'm no expert on Atari computer software.

Isn't Scott Adams the guy who does the Dilbert comics? That might add a little value if it's the same guy.

Thanks for the input :D

No, it's the Scott Adams, creator of Adventureland and many other text adventure games. They weren't Zork quality, but on the VIC-20 it was as good as you were going to get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Adams_(game_designer)

It's kind of nifty that there's a game based on Star Trek that I've never heard about before. Star Trek 3.5? I wonder if it's related at all to The Search for Spock, or if it's just an upgrade of those simulations that were popular in the late 1970s.

It's kind of nifty that there's a game based on Star Trek that I've never heard about before. Star Trek 3.5? I wonder if it's related at all to The Search for Spock, or if it's just an upgrade of those simulations that were popular in the late 1970s.

Since the copyright date on the packaging is 1981 and ST III came out in 1984 I'd have to say no. Further clues were that the Star Trek logo was the same as used for ST TMP and in the description of the game it references the original series and one motion picture. (Yes, I'm a major Trek nerd. :D )

Here's a link that explains this game in detail:

http://www.retrobits.net/atari/aitrek.shtml

Sounds like a good upgrade of the older Star Trek games I played as a kid on the C-64. The major improvements seem to be the better Klingon AI and how you have to find Class M planets and beam down away teams. I'll have to look for this for my Atari emulator. :) As for the game? It looks great shape and should draw interest from both classic Apple gamers and Star Trek collectors. If you post on EBay it should do well.

The Lance Micklus version of Star Trek.

The original TRS-80 version was was published in Softside magazine.

It was one of the better versions if not the best version of the original Star Trek games but it was more strategy than arcade so it wasn't a huge seller.

I'm not sure about the Atari version but other ports were written in BASIC, some with machine language subroutines.

I've seen copies for other computers bring over $40 on ebay and I see no reason why this wouldn't as well.

Star Trek collectors will be the ones that drive the price up but there is no guarantee you'll get $50+.

It's pretty much put it up for auction and hope the right Trekkies see it and a bidding war ensues.

Cross list the auction under the proper collectible and classic computers categories, plus give the auction a week so the Trek fans have plenty of time to see it.

Then it's hope for the best.