IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

One of our local's has this TI system for sale. I can personally vouch that it is in good working order. The only issue is that is does need a DCC for it but other than that it is pretty complete. I made an offer on just the PEB but he wont seperate it from the system.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151811823480?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This Chaser2015 sold me crap outside eBay, defective rubbish like a not working P-Code-Card, 1 exploding TI-Controller,

a not-working 32K-PEB-card, and some more parts. For about 400$. Not one part worked, only steam came out of 2 of them (really!)

After a big communication before the purchase (and selling me one working controller before that 2nd deal) I did not hear anything from him :(

No reaction no never no more...

This should not mean that this parts here will not work, of course, they are on eBay, so I assume that they work.

But I just wanted to let know, so that you do not try to buy from him outside eBay, where you can give bad feedback, at least.

Especially if you are NOT from US, means far away.

If you want to know the name, pls send me PM. Maybe I will publish it here later.

RMSAAED

Hello Schmitzi... Long time no see.

Did you get ahold of him and let him know? I am sure he would make it right. I have not had a lot of interaction with him on a 1 to 1 but have talked to him quite a bit in our local group get togethers and have purchased a bunch of parts outside of ebay but fortunately I live locally and can see th eparts working in action. I know he has sold a lot to you in the past. Can you send me a PM and we can discuss further?

This wouldn't be bad for all 6, But I think there each...Ouch :(

"Vintage Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Cartridge Drawer for Solid State Software"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-Cartridge-Drawer-for-Solid-State-Software-/281780117466?hash=item419b675fda

Edited by Fritz442

This wouldn't be bad for all 6, But I think there each...Ouch :(

"Vintage Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Cartridge Drawer for Solid State Software"

yes, I was watching them too, but definetly to expensive.

Yeah, $102.99 for ONE drawer is excessive. A couple of weeks back I made a reasonable offer on one. I cannot remember the original counter offer, but I think it was around $60.00 (before shipping). Needless to say, I passed.

I noticed he's not sold any. Maybe we should have some fun and make some really low-ball offers? :grin:

He might figure out he's 'a little high' and that it's not a P-Box.

• Like 2

He originally tried to sell these for $75 each--with the cartridges in them, IIRC. They were too expensive then, once shipping was calculated. He then separated the cartridges, selling a couple of the uncommon ones singly and all of the rest as one single lot for $250, IIRC. I think that actually sold. Now the boxes are reappearing--at nearly the same price he had them for originally. . .

He has some custom-made cases on-line now (made from 8" floppy cases.)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1316087040721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=131608704072&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I would not mind picking up one for $20 or under, especially since Sterlite an IRIS boxes which kind-of work are between $10 and $20 each. But, holy crap, shipping from WA is $19?? I buy from Oregon frequently and shipping is WAY under. Does anyone know if there is something special about shipping from WA which makes it so expensive??

Anyway, here is an interesting item: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1719415332541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=171941533254&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• Like 1

He has some custom-made cases on-line now (made from 8" floppy cases.)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1316087040721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=131608704072&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I would not mind picking up one for $20 or under, especially since Sterlite an IRIS boxes which kind-of work are between $10 and $20 each. But, holy crap, shipping from WA is $19?? I buy from Oregon frequently and shipping is WAY under. Does anyone know if there is something special about shipping from WA which makes it so expensive??

Anyway, here is an interesting item: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1719415332541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=171941533254&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have a couple of these that I use and they work very well. perfect fit for cartridges.

On the Doryt box, I have found out some interesting data. First, it uses an 8VDC power supply (500mA), with the positive voltage at the triangular end. Second, it does not match other known Doryt boxes, as those used a 34-pin flat cable to 36-pin Centronics connector for the printer connection. When I get this one, I'm going to have to take a look inside to see what I really have--as this one may be just a factory modification of the original design or it may be a serial board with a Parallel box cover. In any event, it has my curiosity piqued. . .and it is unfortunate that the manuals aren't in circulation. . .

• Like 1