IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

The whole point is that eBay is supposed to be a "community" thing. If someone makes an offer which is reasonable on the face or, like Jim, makes an effort to explain why the offer is reasonable and the asking price really is not going to get it sold, simply ignoring the offer is contrary to the spirit of the community.

I set auto-decline on items for two reasons: the amount is less than what I put into the item in the first place (for instance, I have traffic lights up wired with special electronics, all said I have $170 in, my auto-decline is set just above that and my asking price is enough to make a fair margin,) or I have done my due-diligence research on the price. In other instances I will make a counter-offer. We do not have to agree, of course.

All that said, the community also embodies the free market. Sellers are not beholden to a any particular behavior -- poor behavior or attitude will not bother some and other buyers will speak their mind with their money. In the case of the latter, venting may also happen elsewhere and, while I appreciate the benefit of the doubt, the seller is still an ass-hat.

Except, of course, for fraud or other illegal activities.

Or...... If that were to happen to someone ( best offer refused at face value) then they could make a better offer if they really wanted the item. Of course they couldn't have a drama stomp that way but they might get the item at an agreeable price.

• Like 1

Or...... If that were to happen to someone ( best offer refused at face value) then they could make a better offer if they really wanted the item. Of course they couldn't have a drama stomp that way but they might get the item at an agreeable price.

The point being reasonable offers were made and the seller rejected them off-hand, like an ass-hat :P Really, the price is not the issue, it would have taken just a few seconds to type a counter offer. Irrespective, a little digging and I found it elsewhere. Free market at work, baby. He will probably have the same two items left in another eight months, like these have been listed for at least the past eight months.

It is our favorite seller again too. Buyer beware on those two cards--they may work fine, or they may just be paperweights. . .

I really ought to put some SAMS cards up there as BIN for $90 each. That should cover what I lose to eBay on the sale. . .

Ah, crap, I completely forgot about this guy.

Yeah, eBay gets 10% of sale and shipping. To add insult to injury, eBay gives me a 10% discount on shipping versus the original shipping quote, giving a difference of $0 from what I actually receive for shipping and what I get charged, so no win no loss. I wonder if this is some legal trick to get around something.

Gotta suck for home-brewers. I will try to find the maker's page and order directly most of the time (like the SCSI2SD, PIO2PC, etc.) Like Marc's Tex Turbo/Mad Marvin cart is up for $20 versus what he would get from us for buying direct. I would rather, and did, do the latter.

Beige mechanical keyboard for the guys out their struggling with Mitsumi mylars. Might be worth taking a chance, hard to tell from the pics is complete (as long as the bag is intact, probably ok)

<Link>

Just picked up a week 20, '83 black TI from Craigslist... now I know why those Mitsumi keyboards are the bane of existence! :mad:

Can the CorComp controller fully utilize 720k drives?

Yes and No. The CorComp disk controller card DSR (EPROM) does not support 80 track disks (720k). However, see below:

No the only controllers that can do 80 track are the ti modded and the myarc

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Not entirely accurate. When used together with a Geneve, the standard TI and CorComp controllers are quite capable of using 80 track drives, increasing maximum capacities to 360K and 720K, respectively. The limiting factor w/the TI is the DSR (EPROM), which the Geneve OS over-rides to remove the limitation.

Anyone interested in this bundle of PC cards for trade or sale? I'm going to throw it on the bayz next week.

I'd be willing to break it up for anyone of my "wanted" items. Each of us pays our own shipping...

I got all these prices from ebay sales of same or similar items - everything here was working when it got decommissioned years ago.

post-47352-0-16149200-1479122809_thumb.png

I'm hopeful I can get rid of the whole bundle as a lot for about $200.

2 x ANA-62044 SCSI @ $20 each

2 x Mylex SCSI @$15 each

2 x AHA-2940u2w @ $8 each

1 x AAA-131u2 @ $6

1 x AHA-1522a @ $70

1 x Sound Blaster Live PCI @ $6

1 x Sony CDB-242 @ $50

1 x Matrox VGA @ $40

1 x Sigma Video @ $16

1 x Future Domain SCSI @ $40

6 x ISA Audio @ $10 each (These boards have more features then the $3 bare boards you see with the same chip)

Comes to $350 ebay asking prices.

Really all I want (I'd trade for) is F18A, USB Keyboard adaptor and a red board and/or UberGrom (most flexible for trying carts otherwise unplayable using a minipro).

Which all come in together just around $200

~Sinphaltimus Exmortus

Edited by Sinphaltimus