IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

First Draft doesn't come up too often. Oddly enough, I have the manual but not the disks, so I was bidding on it too until the price exceeded reasonable. Knowing what I know having competed against the winning bidder on this one in the past though, his maximum bid was probably somewhere in the vicinity of double the final sale price. He's one of a small number of bidders willing to outbid me on something I really want for my collection. . .sometimes he wins, sometimes I do. It really depends on which one of us wants it more, as the prices we end up paying for those odd items are otherwise way outside their current value range.

I bought it for $80, so I'd say that was a pretty good return on my investment even though at the time I had no intention of separating from it. I've always wanted a Geneve, and here I go and selling it for lack of use. Want clearly does not equal need...

That's a pity, Walid. The Geneve does have a lot to offer, much more than just the v9938 and a much higher execution performance. Whether you "need" it is another question, but I suppose no one really "needs" anything from his TI. It is rather a question of exploring. MDOS is still progressing, we have a good hard disk support, command line tools, and so on, and also TI backwards compatibility.

It is true, though, that you undergo a platform change. The Geneve is different to the TI-99/4A. You will lose anything related to the TI console, in particular, no F18A, no FG99 and related things. Maybe I would recommend that people set up a second PEB system for the Geneve, beside the TI.

From today's point of view, for me, nothing made more sense than buying the Geneve, back in 1990. (Second is the DSDD disk controller, third is the SCSI2SD. :-) ).

• Like 2

How hard are those minor screen issues to fix, Greg? I wouldnt be opposed to a project, but not one that would b an expensive and time-consuming endeavor. :)

Im no expert with a soldering iron, but splicing and through-hole mounting on a scantily-populated circuit board are within my skillet. :D

So weird... last year these were $50 for a working CC40 in good condition with power supply.

Should have bought one then, I guess.

I bought one 2 years ago brand new in the box for $40.

I think the demand for CC40's has skyrocketed now that there is a potential for mass storage coming soon...

• Like 2

How hard are those minor screen issues to fix, Greg? I wouldnt be opposed to a project, but not one that would b an expensive and time-consuming endeavor. :)

Im no expert with a soldering iron, but splicing and through-hole mounting on a scantily-populated circuit board are within my skillet. :D

No idea I need to take better pics the screens are not that bad just not perfect..they are usable

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is right place to ask this, is MUNCHMAN PHD5060 common game to obtain as new sealed in box. I know the cartridge is very easy to obtain, not sure about the disk.

Kind regards.

Andy.

I think the Editor Assembler cart came with either MunchMan, TI Invaders or Tombstone City source and disk.

• Like 1