IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I randomly came across this message on another part of AtariAge, and thought it was interesting enough to post here. One guy suggested it be turned into a translation APP! That would be an interesting program for the TI, type in part of a sentence and have the 'true meaning' pop up.

here's the list we compiled at our forum...see if any "ring true" with you

seller description: have no idea about how to use this at all = actual description: i have EVERY idea how to use this, but it's dead!
seller description: was grandparents/parents from new, just need the space = actual description: bought off Car Boot Sale last weekend
seller description: some parts missing = actual description: all of the important parts are missing
seller description: condition, like new = actual description: condition NOTHING like new
seller description: fair condition = actual description: was last used 26/4/1986, Pripyat, Ukraine.
seller description: no PSU or TV cables, so unable to test = actual description: dead as f***! - PSUs/cables for sale in separate advert
seller description: worked last time out used = actual description: no it didn't. was put away, because it stopped working.
seller description: good condition for age = actual description: heavily stained, dirty, bloody, excrement and dead skin in every crevice
seller description: new, sealed, never been out of box = actual description: bought some clingfilm to conceal 30 years of yellowing and a distinctive aroma of chain-smoking
seller description: hard to find = actual description: f**king everywhere!
seller description: my first computer = actual description: never seen it before in my life!
seller description: so much fun = actual description: what does it do?
seller description: includes huge software bundle = actual description: STAR RAIDERS + BASIC carts included
seller description: unable to test as don't have old TV = actual description: i'm a f**king moron/liar (delete as applicable)
seller description: impossible to find in this condition = actual description: except at the bottom of a skip
seller description: returns accepted = actual description: returns NOT accepted
seller description: some assembly required = actual description: broken!
seller description: re-advertised due to time-waster = actual description: i'm a f**king time-waster who closes auctions when I don't like the winning bid
seller description: unexpectedly available again = actual description: no interest at all in the sh*t i'm selling
seller description: no reserve, low starting price = actual description: haha - i'm a shill seller!
seller description: an easy fix = actual description: i tried to fix it, and have damaged it beyond repair
seller description: an easy fix for a handyman = actual description:an impossible fix for anyone but the most expensive experts
seller description: works intermittently = actual description:when i power on, there's a smell of burning plastic, so i powered off and advertised on ebay
seller description: an ideal project = actual description:all your free cash will disappear into this money pit
seller description: despatch within 3 days of cleared payment with full tracking = actual description:not a chance in hell of either happening
seller description: international bidders welcome = actual description:errrrm, no. not really.
seller description: unexpectedly available again, due to time wasters = actual description:genuine bidder didn't fall for my shill-bidding scam
seller description: highly sought-after "misprinted label" rarity = actual description:i have MS Office, Photoshop and a laser printer and can/do duplicate forgeries for fun
seller description: rare rescue from Atari New-Mexico landfill = actual description:as common as shit...but to make it looks real, i filled the box with sand
seller description: Rescued from my neighbour's/auntie's/grandad's/dog's [delete as applicable] attic. = actual description:bought off car boot this morning for £1.00

• Like 7

If you look at his store..... he has a 100+ TI stuff from Dheins Hardware.

"Sealed in original package directly out of a sealed case. What a find!! this is part of the dheins hardware hoard that has been locked away inside a true value store that has been closed for 20+ years. he was a regional distributor in the 1980's for ti."

The above quotes came from an EA package for sale.

If you look at his store..... he has a 100+ TI stuff from Dheins Hardware.

"Sealed in original package directly out of a sealed case. What a find!! this is part of the dheins hardware hoard that has been locked away inside a true value store that has been closed for 20+ years. he was a regional distributor in the 1980's for ti."

The above quotes came from an EA package for sale.

Yeah. A few years ago, he and another eBay seller went into the old Deihns Hardware. I think he got the bulk of it and has been putting things up over time. At one time he had around a hundred PEBs for $80-ish. I picked on up and it was awesome to un-box a brand new unit! Not long thereafter he apparently sold a whole bunch to the show "Halt and Catch Fire" and afterward the prices on the PEBs sky-rocketed. Makes me wonder what happens to the old props once the show is done with them... I suspect they go right into the bin :(

Another one eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2233213797531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=223321379753&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Does anyone have disk images of these? I am curious to see how TI loaded the games from within Extended BASIC. I imagine some of the modern ways are better, but still interested in how the Mothership did it and how the manuals look.

But not $55 curious :)

There were three TI disk packages released this way: Tombstone City, Munchman, and TI Invaders. I have original disks and manuals for all but the Tombstone City package. The source code for the Tombstone City disk version is included with the Editor Assembler package as an Assembly tutorial example. I'll have to see if I can dig up one of my manuals and scan it. . .and in the case of the Tombstone package he has up right now, I'd like to get the manual (as I basically have the rest of the package), but I'm not sure I'd pay anything above $20 for it. Tombstone is just too common otherwise, as the only unique thing in the package is the manual. . .

Edited by Ksarul

Another one eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2233213797531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=223321379753&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Does anyone have disk images of these? I am curious to see how TI loaded the games from within Extended BASIC. I imagine some of the modern ways are better, but still interested in how the Mothership did it and how the manuals look.

But not $55 curious :)

This is from the tosec collection. It uses an object file loader to load the E/A#5 game.

TI Invaders (1981)(Texas Instruments)PHD 5058req. PHM 3026.dsk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Six hours late and still three left. I notice they are not selling as fast as they used to. I wonder if it's TIPI, market saturation, known flakiness issues or something else?

I'd seriously doubt it's due to TIPI, as I only considered it until I saw what it can, and more importantly, can't do when compared to the nanoPEB. They're both nice add-ons, but as I have no need for networking, web access, or hard drive storage (or any of the available extensions), not to mention yet another add-on I need to connect, provide power for, and still need separate memory expansion, I knew it wasn't for me. I did need 32K expansion and simple diskette emulation, plus an RS-232 port as a bonus, in addition to the reasonable price of all of that in one complete package, there was no decision needing to be made.

The other three suggestions do sound like possible explanations.

TIPI likely has some impact, since it IS another route to something floppy-ish. Both approaches have their pros and cons, and diffrent people will make diffrent tradeoffs.

The 99 market isn't as large as some other systems, so even just a little bit of competition is going to have a visible effect on sales.

I won't say it is the only reason, though. The size of the market also makes saturation an issue. You'll get there faster than, say, a C64 peripheral will.

It also isn't too far past Christmas. This is a traditionally slow time for any kind of selling. There may be plenty of market left, it just isn't in a spending mood yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-EXTERNAL-Floppy-Disk-Drive-5-25-5-1-4-TI-99-4A-Computer-TEXAS-Instruments/233102876312

I can't get this seller "arcadesale695" to tell me anything about the condition of this external TI disk drive. Looks like a little rust or dust around the LED and left side of the diskette tray.

post-46538-0-84649500-1548180955.png

Do we have any history for this seller? Is it Greg arcadeshopper?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-EXTERNAL-Floppy-Disk-Drive-5-25-5-1-4-TI-99-4A-Computer-TEXAS-Instruments/233102876312

I can't get this seller "arcadesale695" to tell me anything about the condition of this external TI disk drive. Looks like a little rust or dust around the LED and left side of the diskette tray.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-01-22 at 9.40.57 AM.png

Do we have any history for this seller? Is it Greg arcadeshopper?

No my eBay is arcadeshopper

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1