IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

This auction also has "reprints" from BYTE magazine at $60.00 and the MAKE OFFER button is active.  Shipping seems reasonable as well.  However, the auction you posted is actually better as they are the original documents. If one only wanted the information (like in these reprints) I'm sure it's free for the downloading somewhere on the Internet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, chue said:

I picked one up from mdude, who is selling them "new" for $10.

https://ebay.us/EnFz5k

Excellent post!  YES, new from MDUDE with a reference card too included!  If I didn't already one, I'd scarf one myself!  That other guy is well, just plain nuts (IMHO).  For less that $181.00 you could buy a FinalGROM and premium case from any number of users here and have money left over for other TI toys.  And once you got the FinalGROM, assuming you wanted to use regular TI Extended BASIC...

TI-Extended BASIC Reference Card.pdf TI Extended Basic - Linked.pdf TI Extended BASIC.zip

• Thanks 2

Today I went looking for a bracket to mount my v5 SCSI2SD devices and ended up purchasing a version 6 device.  A new feature is the ability to access the IDs (drives) via USBport.  This might come in handy for my Geneve os development.  Other changes include the use of a full size SD card (versus microSD) and the ability to emulate 7 (versus 4) IDs with the same SCSI2SD card.  (TI Capacity is limited to 248MB per drive or 248MBx7=<2GB )

The older version 5.2 seems to be on sale at the US sales site InertialComputing.com, and is available bundled with an adapter and SD card.  Nice deal if you have a SCSI card and want to move away from mechanical drives.

• Like 1

What I found particularly handy with the SCSI2SD is that I can take the SD card out of the adapter and plug it in my PC card reader. There, I can access it as a raw device in Linux (using the dd command, which is also available for Windows). Using TIImageTool you can work on this dump directly.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 1:08 PM, InsaneMultitasker said:

Today I went looking for a bracket to mount my v5 SCSI2SD devices and ended up purchasing a version 6 device.  A new feature is the ability to access the IDs (drives) via USBport.  This might come in handy for my Geneve os development.  Other changes include the use of a full size SD card (versus microSD) and the ability to emulate 7 (versus 4) IDs with the same SCSI2SD card.  (TI Capacity is limited to 248MB per drive or 248MBx7=<2GB )

The older version 5.2 seems to be on sale at the US sales site InertialComputing.com, and is available bundled with an adapter and SD card.  Nice deal if you have a SCSI card and want to move away from mechanical drives.

where did you get your version 6?  I think I have seen some 3d Case models that I can snag to print.

13 hours ago, Shift838 said:

here did you get your version 6?  I think I have seen some 3d Case models that I can snag to print.

Inertial reached out to me today and informed me that the brackets I ordered do not fit the old 5.0x models (seems the brackets are for 5.2 and 6.0)  and they kindly are adjusting my order. 

11 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

I think I'll add Zero Zap to the 'modern catalog' I've been working on in my spare time.  As a joke, it'll be the highest priced item listed, how does $199.95 sound? :)

Sounds like a bargain to me!