IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

15 hours ago, chue said:

There appears to be one on Shopgoodwill, garnering some attention:

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/141613810

That's a good workstation, too, the 712. I can't remember which ones I worked on in the late 90s, it might have been one of those low-end 712s.  Jobs could be  distributed across the network to the faster models. 

• Like 2

As I said, the version sold for the Tomy in Japan is not at all common. I actually expected it to go for a bit more because of the condition and the fact that everything was present. . .

What was the difference between the Japanese and US players? I read a while back here https://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/xtomydev/ that the tape format was digital and had specific circuitry in the player to read the cassettes. I then wonder if that Panasonic player, if you get a US model, would have that circuit. Probably good to open and take pics and compare it to a US model.
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, dhe said:

Interesting.  I have a number of original CorComp manuals, and they all are three hole punched. I wonder if CorComp had spiral bound manuals, of someone made these up their selves?

image.thumb.png.1da763eec6928634df9708c4a4b101fc.png

They are most likely copies, Dan. Note the font difference for "RS232" as I don't think that text was even on the original CorComp manual. They may be from someone BITD (Legio Computers comes to mind, as they did sell CorComp equipment in Europe), or they may be a more recent copy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see my raspberry pi is out for delivery last night. As USPS sent me a msg saying out for delivery, delivery by 9pm. Then this morning I get an email from USPS saying, upon customer request the item is being held at the local USPS...

Good grief charlie brown. What ever happened to USPS

2 hours ago, GDMike said:

I see my raspberry pi is out for delivery last night. As USPS sent me a msg saying out for delivery, delivery by 9pm. Then this morning I get an email from USPS saying, upon customer request the item is being held at the local USPS...

One day I was expecting something to be delivered to the house. I heard the mailman outside and was preparing to answer the door when I heard the truck drive off. "Oh, he must have just left it on the porch," I though to myself. So I opened the door and found no package. Just then, I received a text message that the package could not be delivered as no one was home. I was honestly more shocked that I received an update so quickly.

Since I live on what is essentially a loop, I walked over to the corner where the mail truck would pass and flagged down the driver. It was not our regular carrier and she was not apologetic about the situation at all, giving me some cock-and-bull story about it being hidden or whatever, then that it would not scan so she was taking it back. Amazingly, she managed to find it while I was standing there and lo and behold it indeed scanned.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

One day I was expecting something to be delivered to the house. I heard the mailman outside and was preparing to answer the door when I heard the truck drive off. "Oh, he must have just left it on the porch," I though to myself. So I opened the door and found no package. Just then, I received a text message that the package could not be delivered as no one was home. I was honestly more shocked that I received an update so quickly.

Since I live on what is essentially a loop, I walked over to the corner where the mail truck would pass and flagged down the driver. It was not our regular carrier and she was not apologetic about the situation at all, giving me some cock-and-bull story about it being hidden or whatever, then that it would not scan so she was taking it back. Amazingly, she managed to find it while I was standing there and lo and behold it indeed scanned.

We go through this, too, with our small-town mail carriers.  It sounds like you have USPS Informed Delivery, which is FANTASTIC, in my opinion.  It helps when you have to gripe at the postmaster ;)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

There is no MEAN MAD ANGRY face for that one.

since USPS bashing day is actually today, I have another story ... my Carrier always brings packages to my door, actually she drives up to my side door driveway area, off the main highway, then she lays on the horn ..hooooonkkk  hooooonkkk....

So I go out, then she says, oh, we have a new policy, we need you to sign .. but because of COVID we can't allow you to sign, so I'll sign it for you,. oK? I'm like, ok....

Then she said, I can't get out of the vehicle either, part of the new policy...so if you get your mask, I'll hand you the package...

Then UPS shows up, walks over to me and hands me a package for my son and drove off...I'm still waiting for this USPS to hand me the package... finally got it after my mask on...

a week later, I get a letter in the mail from the post office saying, she will no longer delivering packages, they will be marked by a pink slip for you to get it from the post office.....

Geees....

Edited by GDMike

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

but because of COVID we can't allow you to sign

Yea.. I got that also... We can't deliver to houses because of covid...

You have to come in to the post office and stand in line, er.. uh.. I guess it's safer that way?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, GDMike said:

Reminds me of a package I was waiting for earlier this year.  The package status was "out for delivery" and then at the end of the day the status changed to "delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" status.  After nearly a week, we discovered the "agent" was a locked parcel holder alongside our block's mailboxes.  Sigh.

image.png.0c5b69c94bb45c058a21fc3a8c4d9f19.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The email from USPS says do not reply, or something to the effect of, this mailbox not replied to...I replied anyway, with my name as Robert E Lee, and I kept replying with my disgust with USPS, and I kept getting response back, this mailbox not deliverable, but each time I received that email, I kept seeing ccc message sent to like 40 different email addresses .. haha..  of course those jackssses we're filtering my messages.. and each time I got a response, I replied...haha...

Finally something happened and all of a sudden, bam no more messages to me ever again...

Haha ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

SO there was a University board, 990/U89 on eBay recently.  I bid up to $250, but then got an offer of a TM990/101MA for $100. So the 990/189 went for $255, which is much lower than other sellers. 

The /101MA came fully populated with RAM, and has a 9900. It's more powerful than the /U89 with 9980A and max 2K of RAM.  And has two RS232 ports. Its use to me is  to study the PCB layout (it's very similar to the DS990/1 CPU board.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some ordinary, but uncommon items in these Goodwill auctions:

P-Box with TWO RS232 cards

going by the dual Y-cables (unless Goodwill just stuck them in there?).

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142582084
$196 and climbing.  $20 shipping FedEx Ground?

TI-99/4A Parts and accessories
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142582823

Uncommon - includes Editor Assembler manual, Disk Fixer, and TI-99/4A Servicing Manual.
Two keyboards, two module L-ports.

Black & silver consoles in pretty good shape:
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142582742
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142582672
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142581936

These TI-99/4A auctions are in Colorado Springs, CO, where I lived in the 80s.  The owner might have been a member of the Front Range 99'ers.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarmerPotato said:

Some ordinary, but uncommon items in these Goodwill auctions:

P-Box with TWO RS232 cards

going by the dual Y-cables (unless Goodwill just stuck them in there?).

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142582084
$196 and climbing.  $20 shipping FedEx Ground?

TI-99/4A Parts and accessories
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142582823

Uncommon - includes Editor Assembler manual, Disk Fixer, and TI-99/4A Servicing Manual.
Two keyboards, two module L-ports.

Black & silver consoles in pretty good shape:
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142582742
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142582672
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/142581936

These TI-99/4A auctions are in Colorado Springs, CO, where I lived in the 80s.  The owner might have been a member of the Front Range 99'ers.  

Looks like the PEB may have a p-Code card right next to the disk controller too. Can't see the controller well enough to see if it is TI or third-party, but someone might get lucky there too.

On the servicing manual, that one may even be the original edition for the 99/4A, although it looks like the cover itself isn't the original one from TI, so who knows. . .I found my original 1982 revision 1 copy this afternoon.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2022 at 4:21 PM, FarmerPotato said:

Here are two empty chassis! Netherlands shipper, with $550 shipping. 

$184 S1500 Chassis CC101

$166 S1500 Chassis CC101

I think the open door is showing where the Communications Modules would plug in. Not showing the backplane. What's the CC101?

Yeah, those are 7-slot NuBus (triple height Eurocard) chassis. Could be used for Explorer or S1500 to the best of my knowledge. Those 2 have been on Ebay for a few years now. Price has been coming down. Shipping would be a killer, though. And you'd have to find a processor board and storage with a matching SPA+kernel to do anything at all with one beyond diags. Maybe could put them on the same pallet and combine shipping if you bought them both? It would be a start, though. There may be a vendor or two who still has parts. However, that's a lot of money to tie up waiting to find out if you've bought an expensive doorstop or two.

The front of the card cage would be behind the inner chassis door that's behind the opened door, yes. The vertical rows of holes are for the LED diag lights on the bottom of the front edge of the boards. You can see the backside of the backplane in one of the pics. CC101, "Computer Chassis 101", "Card Cage 101"? Dunno. Relevant manual: http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ti/explorer/2243143-0001E_7-slotEncl.pdf

ISTR Ben Yates was working for EDS at one point. If there's any connection with EDS AG, maybe he could chase down a lead or two on the SwissAir TI's. A complete system might be a better proposition overall, especially if shipping from Europe.  Is Ben around here?

Edited by jbdigriz
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Looks like the PEB may have a p-Code card right next to the disk controller too. 

Yep! I see it now. 

I’m now the high bidder. I can pick it up when I’m there in 3 weeks. Goodwill still has an exasperating pickup policy, where you must schedule a curbside pickup time, 3 days in advance—no drop ins allowed. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Goodwill still has an exasperating pickup policy, where you must schedule a curbside pickup time, 3 days in advance—no drop ins allowed.

In Austin?  Is that just for the auctions?  I was just in my Goodwill three times in the past couple of weeks.