IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Here is an interesting find in another eBay purchase.. I have seen keyboards with green, grey, and white actions. But this is a first for me.

attachicon.gifDSC02576.JPG

All the square-slider TI keyboards were either manufactured by Hi-Tek or Stackpole (who cloned their design from Hi-Tek), with Hi-Tek always using a white/grey slider, and Stackpole usually using a green slider. However, early Stackpole keyboards used yellow sliders, as can be seen with the keyboard of the original Atari 800:

post-48159-0-31491900-1515105734_thumb.png

What is the date of manufacture for that 4A?

Okay OLDCS1,

You've obviously been around for a while, so I curious, do you (or anyone else) know the book the excerpt below came from?

Not I. My first thought was "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" but I knew that could not be correct. May have to check this one out at some point. I do not do a lot of leisure reading these days as I am tied up in psychology and political philosophy.

Not I. My first thought was "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" but I knew that could not be correct. May have to check this one out at some point. I do not do a lot of leisure reading these days as I am tied up in psychology and political philosophy.

Psychology and political philosophy???

You must have a lot of fun watching the news these days

I actually do, in a masochistic sort of way. Even moreso with my background in criminology and research methods :)

I've always found human nature in politics (on either side) interesting, especially the more radical elements as they use excuses and justifications (like common criminals) to overlook unethical or illegal behaviours to further their own cause(s). Imagine the self-denial involved to further a candidate, cause or agenda, all while ignoring ones own hypocrisy, while at the same time identifying it and calling it out in ones opponent.

i'm trying to stay out of the cartridge collection habit for the most part, but I don't see too many Demonstration carts pop up on ebay. I have always had great interactions with pfleeman.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4a-Demonstration-With-Original-Manual-Extremely-Rare/162797614434?hash=item25e77e7562:g:RdUAAOSwFb5aLZtO

• Like 2

I've always found human nature in politics (on either side) interesting, especially the more radical elements as they use excuses and justifications (like common criminals) to overlook unethical or illegal behaviours to further their own cause(s). Imagine the self-denial involved to further a candidate, cause or agenda, all while ignoring ones own hypocrisy, while at the same time identifying it and calling it out in ones opponent.

The Pot -> Kettle dilemma...

i'm trying to stay out of the cartridge collection habit for the most part, but I don't see too many Demonstration carts pop up on ebay. I have always had great interactions with pfleeman.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4a-Demonstration-With-Original-Manual-Extremely-Rare/162797614434?hash=item25e77e7562:g:RdUAAOSwFb5aLZtO

Dudes got an old school rotary phone and a coupler modem. That's hella cool! Reminds me of War Games.

• Like 1

Dudes got an old school rotary phone and a coupler modem. That's hella cool! Reminds me of War Games.

Acoustical Coupler modems SUCKED back in the day. Whenever the BBS was busy, which was almost always, manually redialing over, and over, and over and over and over, and over again took the excitement out of it. I tell you what, I could not get rid of my TI acoustical modem fast enough. Somethings are better left in the past!

• Like 1

Acoustical Coupler modems SUCKED back in the day. Whenever the BBS was busy, which was almost always, manually redialing over, and over, and over and over and over, and over again took the excitement out of it. I tell you what, I could not get rid of my TI acoustical modem fast enough. Somethings are better left in the past!

But, but, but, that never happens in the movies...

• Like 1

Just have been a pain to use with the phone and modem at opposite ends. :)

Actually that was the easy part! It stretched right across and did not get in the way while I was online. I never looked back though once I got my first Hayes compatible direct connect modem.

Over the years I've made many incremental steps... 300, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 1.2, 2.4, 5.6, 6mbps and now 12mbps... for the first time in my life, it seems fast enough. :grin:

Vanessa Angel :lust: :lust: :lust: played Lisa ? (Claudia from KingPin with Bill Murray and Woody Harrelson ?)

Aaah OK, there was a TV-show ?

Yes sir indeed. Now don’t get me wrong, Kelly LeBrock from the movie was first and best, but Vanessa as the TV show version was none to shabby. I think that was the first place I noticed her even though I had seen a handful of the shows she was in before that. She was the only redeeming quality of Kingpin for me. I didn’t much like the movie otherwise.

• Like 1