IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

He had this up around November 21st at the same price BUT used the ebay gimmick of discounting it 99% to sell for $2. No idea if anyone bought it even at that price.

• Like 2

It sure would be nice if sellers cleaned things up a bit before they tried to sell them. Shipping to my area is $42.35.

Maybe someone closer and willing to tear it down to clean it might click the MAKE OFFER button, but, then again, at that age tearing it down risks buggering up the fragile keyboard cable.

s-l1600.jpg

Not exactly Ebay, but an interesting site that I did not know about until today. The link is for a sale on 50-packs of 3.5" floppy disks for $15.

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G23289

whoa, you are in for a treat.

Electronics Goldmine doesn't always have what you need in stock, but, they often get things you must have.

• Like 1

Not exactly Ebay, but an interesting site that I did not know about until today. The link is for a sale on 50-packs of 3.5" floppy disks for $15.

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G23289

I've heard differing opinions on the matter, but we can use these HD disks in our TIs if we cover the HD hole and format as DSSD, correct?

If you can find a 3.5" 720K drive, they will work flawlessly without modification. Otherwise, you need to cover the HD hole (top left). Also, I recall reading about a "fix" for 3.5" HD drives that involves permanently disabling the HD sensor in the drive by cutting a couple of wires. That, in effect, makes it a dedicated DSSD 720K drive. However, I can't remember where I read it and it certainly isn't for the "faint of heart".

Edited by atrax27407

If you can find a 3.5" 720K drive, they will work flawlessly without modification. Otherwise, you need to cover the HD hole (top left). Also, I recall reading about a "fix" for 3.5" HD drives that involves permanently disabling the HD sensor in the drive by cutting a couple of wires. That, in effect, makes it a dedicated DSSD 720K drive. However, I can't remember where I read it and it certainly isn't for the "faint of heart".

Yea, I have been looking for an easy mode so you don't have to cover the hole to get 720K disks

I had one of those BITD, worst purchase I ever made for the TI. I was lucky enough to sell it at a small loss. These days, I cannot imagine why anyone would want one other than a collector.

Actually did quite well at VCFSE this year. I am planning to set it up again for next year. But then, you also dislike Zero Zap. :grin:

You know, I think I might see about setting up a camera and doing interviews next year. I cannot express how amazing VCF and the visitors are.

• Like 1

Actually did quite well at VCFSE this year. I am planning to set it up again for next year. But then, you also dislike Zero Zap. :grin:

You know, I think I might see about setting up a camera and doing interviews next year. I cannot express how amazing VCF and the visitors are.

Must be me then. I was never able to transfer (trace) a decent image. Everything I input was rather crude looking, of course that could have been an operator issue too.

Zero Zap is more of a running joke I like to keep alive! :grin:

Besides Zero Zap...

gallery_35324_1027_12848.jpg

... I also like to make fun of TI joysticks...

gallery_35324_1027_218785.jpg

post-35324-0-89148000-1544121925.jpg

post-35324-0-97510400-1523407453_thumb.j

... I've even been known to make fun of BOTH of them at the same time... ;)

gallery_35324_1027_28719.jpg

... all in good fun though.

• Like 1

Must be me then. I was never able to transfer (trace) a decent image. Everything I input was rather crude looking, of course that could have been an operator issue too.

hehehe well, most people did not do too well at the event, either. Though one girl actually did a very good job considering. It also showed me how I need to re-work the clean-ups I made of the tracings and how well different prints stand up to wear-and-tear. I figured the laser-printed prints would do very well but they started breaking apart under use, so I will try ink-printed ones.

Zero Zap is more of a running joke I like to keep alive! :grin:

post-27864-0-71882200-1545112140.jpg

:P

not mine, great montior for cga, rf, vga AND analog RGB via it's scart port

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163294130357?ul_noapp=true

I have a SCART cable which I use in conjunction with a SCART-to-HDMI converter. Do you know if this monitor would work with an Amiga which outputs RGB at 15KHz if I used just the SCART cable to connect to the monitor? I looked at a site that says it has partial compatibility (SCART, not VGA), but wanted to verify from someone who may actually own one and has used it with an Amiga.

I have a SCART cable which I use in conjunction with a SCART-to-HDMI converter. Do you know if this monitor would work with an Amiga which outputs RGB at 15KHz if I used just the SCART cable to connect to the monitor? I looked at a site that says it has partial compatibility (SCART, not VGA), but wanted to verify from someone who may actually own one and has used it with an Amiga.

Yes it will i use one on mine and my Geneve and my Apple iigs all 15khz

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use one also with my Geneve in line with my SCART-Genie it works great.

• Like 1