IGNORED

Games That Make You Laugh?

VectorGamer

Combat (2600) - when you're playing tanks and a tank takes a hit and flies across the screen

Road Rash 2 (Genesis) - love this game! Punching other bikers is fun but gets better when you steal another guy's chain.

Crazy Taxi (360) - pedestrians screaming to get out of your way, crashing into other cars, launching your taxi off ramps, driving underwater and slamming into railroad trains

I can remember my first laugh from a video game. I was about 6 and playing Gateway to Apshai on my Atari 400 when I accidentally made my guy run down into a wall. When you do this he stands there making a 'ssssssssss' sound which sounds remarkably like someone taking a piss. I know it's childish now, but when you're a six year old boy in an era before youtube and the internet, it's utterly hilarious.

The Goblin enemy from the same game used to make me laugh as well since he looks so dorky. Of course he also moves lightning fast so it also scared the crap out of me when he first appeared.

I can remember my first laugh from a video game. I was about 6 and playing Gateway to Apshai on my Atari 400 when I accidentally made my guy run down into a wall. When you do this he stands there making a 'ssssssssss' sound which sounds remarkably like someone taking a piss. I know it's childish now, but when you're a six year old boy in an era before youtube and the internet, it's utterly hilarious.

Wait a minute. That isn't what he was doing?

The old Lucasarts games, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Sam n' Max, Monkey Island, Full Throttle etc.

Colecovision Space Panic cracked me up as a kid. Sounded like he was farting as he ran around and up and down the ladders.

Jumpman and Jumpman Jr also were pretty funny when they got killed and tumbled around. Another funny death is panama joe in Montezuma's revenge. Splat!

Q-Bert was funny at first along with the smiley killer Otto in Berzerk. :)

A game called Snokie on the C64 was funny as your penguin died a skull would show up and wink at you.

There are tons of them. Can't think right now to add more.....

• Like 1

I remember renting sports talk football for sega genesis when I was young. I really knew nothing about football at that age, I just rented it cuz I had heard it was a big deal from some friends. The announcer would talk in weird sentences that were pieced together form a data base of words. it sounded very odd cuz the speech had weird unnatural pauses. I kept punting on first down cuz I just didn't know any better. I remember he kept saying "The kicking team comes on. It's......... first down and.......... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" I'll think of that sometimes when I watch football now and it still makes me laugh.

Atari 2600 Wizard of Wor - When both players die at the same time, making the sound programming go haywire.

Atari 2600 Outlaw - Again, when both players get shot at the same time. Both sound channels trying to play the same sound at the same time made for some pretty interesting and amusing modulation.

PS2/XBox Burnout 3: Takedown - The first of the Burnout games to feature slo-mo carnage, a perfectly adrenaline-fueld soundtrack, a game mode dedicated to crashing, a smart-alec DJ that actually earns his attitude, and laughs by the totalled truckload. I can't count the number of times I about laughed myself sick playing this game.

PS3/Xbox 360 Portal 2 - Perfect game play, a perfect story, perfect voice acting, and perfect comedy of all shades. Once in a while I decide to play again, and I still hear things -- funny things -- that I didn't hear the first time through.

• Like 1

My niece and nephew always get a good laugh out of Snafu for the Intellivision/Aquarius (they usually play it with me on the Aquarius). The "bite game" variations, with the players' snakes twisting and coiling over one another, each trying to bite the other player's tail while avoiding getting bitten himself, are frantically fun. They also like deliberately silly games like the Earthworm Jim series and Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the Genesis.

"Engrish" is always good for an easy chuckle, too, especially when it's really bad, as in Zero Wing.

Just thought of Bible Adventure for NES. It's funny just that it's kinda a Mario 2 clone. Whats really funny is the part where your trying to save baby Moses. Your Moses's mom, and you run around holding baby Moses over your head trying to avoid enemy's. If you get hit you drop baby Moses but he's ok just pick him back up and keep running. Sometimes the best strategy is to just throw baby Moses as far as you can and then run down there pick him back up and chuck that baby down the screen again. It's such a weird idea for a game and a great way to learn about the Bible....

The secret ending of Dungeon Explorer for the TG16. It may seem tame now, but in 1989 it just took us by surprise with it using the word "lousy" and then mentioning booze and chicks. I still remember when I was in college and we got to the ending, we just cracked up at it and raised our beers saying "NINTENDO HAS SPOKEN!!!" :lol: Yeah of course we knew it wasn't Nintendo.. but it just seemed to fit.

Ending @52s

Edited by NE146