IGNORED

Interview with Kevin MacFarland, author of Assassin

Kirkman

Assassin-st-title.png

Earlier this year I finally managed to track down Kevin MacFarland, author of the Atari ST BBS door game "Assassin." Thought you guys might enjoy my interview with him. Back then he went by the handle "C Monster."

I also wrote up a blog post remembering Assassin. If anyone else remembers the game, I encourage you to leave a comment on the blog!

(And, as I mention in the blog, you can still play Assassin today on Dark Force, The Grove, and Starfleet HQ BBSes.)

That was a very cool interview. I had flashbacks to my early Atari days and running a BBS on my Atari 800 with a 1200 baud modem and 4 floppy drives. It was a "Small Fry BBS" and that is what it was called. 1986-1987 it was on line. (Phone line that is)

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Assassin is still one of my favorite board games. I continue to play it

from time to time. (of course I've got a maxed out character on my board).

BTW, I hope you mentioned to him that we are still going and using his game

on our boards. (I'm sure you did!) :)

Thanks for that. Assassin is still one of my favorite board games. I continue to play it

from time to time. (of course I've got a maxed out character on my board).

BTW, I hope you mentioned to him that we are still going and using his game

on our boards. (I'm sure you did!) :)

Yes, I linked to your board and others at the end of the "Remembering Assassin" blog post.

But even more interesting, the "C Monster" must have found your board sometime in the last few months. Just a day or two ago I encountered him in the Dark Force Assassin game, and proceeded to kill him. :)

--Josh